• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
55fan

Official Playoff Bracelet Thread

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

Great job on the bracelets. Good luck with that too, like last season, and hopefully more people use bracelets and compare it to beards just to piss off hockeysattva and his beard stupidity as much as possible. I vividly remember his tantrum last year and good for you for sticking up for your own tradition.

Edited by Shoreline

Yeah, very excited to add a red bracelet. Just don't know how I'm going to fit all my letter beads on there for each guy's initials who scored. But I can't complain, although I might run out of H's and Z's pretty soon if this keeps up! :hehe:

You're doing initials too? COOLNESS!!!!!

I went in to buy red thread and they didn't have embroidery floss, but they had crochet thread, which is actually easier to thread the beads on. It's also cheaper per foot than floss.

Wasn't it fun putting on all of those letters last night?

One thing I also do with the letters is if a goalie gets a shutout, he gets his initials on the bracelet as well.

The first year we did these, I had to run out to Wallyworld like 5 times because I ran out of F's thanks to Flip and Mule.

Holding out for the end of the series. Then I can fix the ones that are bad (white ones need replacing, but I "can't" do it until we get through this round.

Go Wings!!!

So have you folks been getting questions about your bracelets? Mostly I've been getting, "oh, you're wearing your bracelets again". I guess it is officially a tradition!

So have you folks been getting questions about your bracelets? Mostly I've been getting, "oh, you're wearing your bracelets again". I guess it is officially a tradition!

One of the girls I work with commented that my "sleeve" was back. Last year, as I kept adding more, she said pretty soon I would have a sleeve of bracelets. Ha ha. Here's to the sleeve!

I want to do this because I can't grow a beard but I am afraid of what people will think seeing a guy with bracelets on. haha.

Punch them in the face (with your bracelet'ed hand) if they say anything. They'll change their way of thinking in .5 seconds ;)

I decided to go with beads on a chain instead of bracelets. I was thinking string bracelets would get kind of grody before very long, and since the plan is to have them go until June, I wanted something a little more durable. I'm still holding to the red for a win, white for a loss, though. Here it is after I added the white bead for today's game. (Sob!)

beadsafterWCQF6.jpg

all the daycare kids noticed they were back, every time they see me they have to examine my wrist. I think in 3 years now I've only had one person I didnt know comment on them, and they said they were nice or something haha

I decided to go with beads on a chain instead of bracelets. I was thinking string bracelets would get kind of grody before very long, and since the plan is to have them go until June, I wanted something a little more durable. I'm still holding to the red for a win, white for a loss, though. Here it is after I added the white bead for today's game. (Sob!)

beadsafterWCQF6.jpg

cool idea. Mine have never gotten grody at all, I dont know about anyone else. I got slush mix on a few last year though :hehe:

beadsafterWCQF6.jpg

I love it! That totally rocks! You get your own spot in the Parade of Bracelets. (I just made that up now, but if we ever have one, you can take me up on it.)

My white bracelets get gross because I work with grease. They end up greyish.