• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rwcrazy

What is your Superstition?

Rate this topic

Thanks to red lightgoes on, I thought i would ask what other people do for playoffs??

Personally...

I make whiskey slush, I have a glass for every period, I also eat pretzel rods, I go to nhl.com and open up the game summary and make sure I have the realtime scoreboard open for every game, and dont do any internet surfing during the game...

Make sure I wear something Red wings.. Shirt.. red boxers for sure...

And finally for playoffs, I for sure dont shave...

I think thats it...

I know it helps the guys win games.. LOL

OPPS Sorry for the mispelling!!!

Edited by Rwcrazy

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

I make sure I spell everything in the thread title correctly :ph34r:

Only kidding! If you do a search, I believe there was a thread about this a week or so ago. It had a lot of good responses.

Yeah, this has been covered. Maybe you can quickly turn it into a playoff superstition thread.

Last year I would not do any NHL video gaming during game days. Why? I must be crazy. Obviously, the playoff beard is always a must.

A Pepsi ice cream float. Why? I'm not sure. But I will have a Pepsi float during game 1 of each series to sort of toast the series in, and one after the last game of each series (or during the game if it's a game 7) to toast it out. I think the tradition started because I realized a few years back that Pepsi with sugar instead of HFCS was available during Passover, which usually coincides with playoff time. (This was before Pepsi started selling Throwback.)

After each successful series my husband and I will have a victory dinner which is somehow themed to the team or city the Wings just beat. With some teams this is more difficult than others. (Chicago- yay, deep dish pizza! Dallas- yay, barbeque! Nashville-- um....)

I will wear red on each game day, of course. It will probably be Wings gear, but if I need to dress up for work that day it will just be something as close to Red Wings red as I can get.

I keep a car flag up during the playoffs. (Got to go put it on my car now, as a matter of fact!)

I keep my toenails painted red during the playoffs. If the Wings lose a game, I remove the polish and re-do it.

The Playoff Nap-- if they're playing a west coast game, I will nap when I get home from work so I can stay up and watch the whole thing! (That's really more necessity than superstition, though. :zzz: )

Edited by Jenny

I'm an odd duck, but last year as we opened the series against Pittsburgh... I had a bag of sour gummy octopi :ph34r: The first one I pulled was red/purple (AL!) and we subsequently won the game. I wasn't diligent enough in my octopi search after that, since my gas station stopped selling them. We wound up losing.. so I have two bags already on hand for the first two games in Phoenix.

The red/white playoff bracelets... I always have to listen to my Wings CD pre-game... and the RGDT.

I might have frightened off a friend of mine who's never seen my post-season neurosis. :hehe:

I grow a beard and eat flamin' hot cheetos during each game. Beer is also a must, but I change the beer for each series based on color of label, or name (for example, no labatt blue during the CBJ series.)

Gonna give Murphy's Red a shot this time around.

I shave after every win to encourage my g/fs to watch the games with me haha. And I use to wear my old Fedorov jersey during every game, but now I wear my Filppula jersey during every game.

:blink: I am confused as to why shaving would encourage your g/f's to watch? Exactly just where do you shave? :ninja:

I take two slices of bread, put one in the toaster for 30 seconds, the other for 45 seconds, I put the peanut butter on first, on the top slice, the jelly on the bottom slice, cut it down the middle, eat the slice on the right side first, and eat half of the left slice. :thumbup:

Nah, I don't believe in that stuff.

:blink: I am confused as to why shaving would encourage your g/f's to watch? Exactly just where do you shave? :ninja:

My face you perv haha. They normally don't enjoy my scratchy rough beards. So they watch the games intently to make sure we win so I can go shave :P