• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Bench Williams Thread // Merged

Rate this topic

Watching Williams out there (along with many others) was excruciating. Williams looks afraid to go into the corners and get dirty. He does not fit at all with draper/miller. The gator would accomadate them much more nicely. Also, as for williams on the pp, I feel like he is a short handed goal waiting to happen. Please babcock, get him out of there.

That is the correct word to describe what one feels watching Williams through the tube.

Williams has been just plain useless since he came back from his injury. He doesn't add anything to the team, he doesn't make plays. He should NOT be on the PP - but Babcock has this history of placing odd people out there on the PPs... Willy is also surely gone next year - he was a one year fill in.

However, in no way is Williams going to make or break the Wings PO run. When the team plays poorly like last night, it is easy to single out a struggling 4th liner, but I would ask where were all the top line guys?? Hard to spot them last night out there on the ice.

I would advocate for putting in Abdelkader for a number of reasons: he was good in the POs last year, he provides energy, and even if it doesn't work out he is an upgrade over Willy and why not take the gamble - the odds of payoff on this are pretty good.

unlikely that he would be put into the lineup but not impossible. however i would say its pretty likely abby will be put into the lineup he had alot of fights in gr, strong on the forecheck, and plays the body like no other however if there is an injury may be put in then we have may and abdelkader in, and i will get a chubby (no homo)

Everyone on the team should have taken lessons from Helm. That guy puts in the effort, and it shows. He always finishes his checks and hustles to the puck.

Putting in Abdelkader would be excellent for the team

Adbelkader should take William's spot.

The "I can't have two defensemen on my PP" crap is over. Samuelsson wasn't any good at it, and Williams is even worse.

Besides, my bigger worry is the penalty kill. Kronwall was terrible and the team in general just didn't play a solid defensive game when down a man. They just forgot their assignments and gave the Coyotes way too much space.

If Abdelkader can't make a significant impact on Friday throw May in and give him a chance to kick some ass.

The point is that Williams can suck it. He almost caused a SH goal and was teh suck.

drake i think you will have the spot over may in this series brotha.

Does anybody else think Helm has become less impressive over the course of the year? It seems like he has strayed away from his physical, checking style game, and has tried to be a goal scorer... The problem is, he doesn't have a shot and he doesn't know how to pass... That third line got completely owned yesterday... Whoever said they should move Williams to third line center has a point... It would make the 3rd line a little more dangerous I think. He might be able to compliment the way Cleary has been playing lately and get some goals... Draper is the odd man out imo and should be replaced with Abdelkadar for sure.

No Brad May but I'd like to see this

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Homlstrom

Franzen-Filpula-Cleary

Helm-Draper-Eaves

Miller-Abdelkader-Bertuzzi

We got Bertuzzi to be a big physical force. He was nothing in game 1. I thought our best player was Howard. He kept us in it in the third when the Yotes had 20 shots. Keep in mind folks we hit 2 goal posts too. Abby will bring the physical play we need and putting Fil between the two big forwards will free him up. Then finally having Pavs, Homer, and Z together is the obvious thing to do.

Guest Crymson

I for the life of me cannot figure out how he became so useless this season. He's not even NHL material anymore.

abby has scored some big goals in the playoffs for us, even if he doesnt score (hes not expected to), he brings the energy we are missing and some fire to get under the coyotes skin. i feel like none of our players did that last night, no agitation, not finishing every check...

May was suspended for three games in the 2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs for punching Minnesota Wild defenceman Kim Johnsson in the face during the final minutes of game four between the Ducks and Wild. Both teams were involved in a large scrum of fighting, pushing, and shoving. May turned around and without warning punched Johnsson, who was knocked unconscious for a short amount of time. Johnsson was not seriously injured, but was hospitalized, and missed game five of the series. The Ducks would win that game and eliminate the Wild from the Playoffs. In an interview, May said that he intended to contact Johnsson to apologize and explain what happened.

Suit up May!

+

IDK how long ago it was :)

I'm all for Abdelkader playing over Williams. I'll pass on May though - he's too slow to play against a team like Phoenix.

Put Stuart on the second powerplay unit. I thought he was our best d-man last night and really what the hell has Williams done to make a difference? What good is a right-handed shot if all he does is cough the puck up?

But what would happen to our second PP unit without Williams on the point?! /sarcasm

Well with Ericson we'd have a better shot from the point and with Stuart we'd have better puck management. Williams was just god awful last night. Turnovers and one rush which was mostly led by Cleary and Miller. He would have been the worst wing if Bertuzzi didnt display his run and hide ways. For God sake you are 6-4 and 220 pounds start acting like it

Guest Lidstromboli

Does anybody else think Helm has become less impressive over the course of the year? It seems like he has strayed away from his physical, checking style game, and has tried to be a goal scorer... The problem is, he doesn't have a shot and he doesn't know how to pass...

No, Helm has played exactly the same way pretty much every game this year.

Did we play so well yesterday, that all we need to change is our 4th line?

Those are the only threads I'm seeing right now in terms of what to change. Put Abby in for Williams and all our troubles are saved.

I also want Abby to play, but this won't make or break us.

I'm all for Abdelkader playing over Williams. I'll pass on May though - he's too slow to play against a team like Phoenix.

Put Stuart on the second powerplay unit. I thought he was our best d-man last night and really what the hell has Williams done to make a difference? What good is a right-handed shot if all he does is cough the puck up?

Not to mention, Stuart has an absolute bomb. Even if he doesnt hit the net, maybe he can bruise up some Coyotes who are blocking shots and open the lanes up a bit.

Williams will stay in, and he'll probably score, and then a lot of people will rush to this thread and call everyone an idiot. But I think most of us can agree on a night to night basis, Willy is just useless. I didn't like the signing to begin with, but I guess he was the best available "goal scorer" for the money.

Did we play so well yesterday, that all we need to change is our 4th line?

Those are the only threads I'm seeing right now in terms of what to change. Put Abby in for Williams and all our troubles are saved.

I also want Abby to play, but this won't make or break us.

It's not just one guy, it's a whole line and with Abdelkader on a line with Helm, we can really wear down their D and actually make them rush and that, over the course of a game, can make or break you... so all in all, one player no, the mentality that one player brings and the rub off effect he could have on those around him? yes.