• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Bench Williams Thread // Merged

Rate this topic

All season long, I've been wondering why we took Abby out. He was pretty effective last year and I enjoyed watching him play. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why he hasn't been out there this year.

That's the salary cap world for you.

He scored an OT goal in game 3 of the 2006 series against the Oilers.

:hehe: Sort of.

If only it counted ;)

Abby>May>Drapes>Willy

I love Draper and all he's done for us and stuff, but he doesnt play important minutes anymore, and tonight I literally saw him go for a loose puck along the boards with his feet and freeze it rather then with his stick and do something with it.. The more physical and tough we can get the better, this is gonna be a hard fought series.

All season long, I've been wondering why we took Abby out. He was pretty effective last year and I enjoyed watching him play. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why he hasn't been out there this year.

Well, to play devil's advocate, he did have pretty bad +/- when out there. It's not all his fault but he did play a part. Offensively for example he does have a bad tendency to be a little bit of a puck hog.

Sorry-- Williams' spot belongs to Abdelkader. I'd love to see May in too. If Abdelkader can't make a significant impact on Friday throw May in and give him a chance to kick some ass.

The point is that Williams can suck it. He almost caused a SH goal and was teh suck.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Well Williams has been pretty useless PP wise and there are no shootouts in the playoffs(thank God). Abbie needs to get in there, another solid center with 2-way ability, energy and determination. Also more of a clutch factor then Williams.

DO IT NOWWWW~!!!!

Well, to play devil's advocate, he did have pretty bad +/- when out there. It's not all his fault but he did play a part. Offensively for example he does have a bad tendency to be a little bit of a puck hog.

I heard that Williams also enjoys pushing elderly people down the stairs.

Well Williams has been pretty useless PP wise and there are no shootouts in the playoffs(thank God). Abbie needs to get in there, another solid center with 2-way ability, energy and determination. Also more of a clutch factor then Williams.

DO IT NOWWWW~!!!!

This, plus he would be a great help in the physical department....

I heard that Williams also enjoys pushing elderly people down the stairs....

...but is generally unsuccessful as the majority of elderly people are plenty strong enough to absorb the minimal contact, return with a solid knee into the fleshy patch where his nuts should be, and then hobble off muttering angrily about young people with their XPods and cracked cocaine.

I will take a puck hog over the types of passes made in the 2nd and 3rd tonight.

Dear LGW community,

On behalf of myself, the Red Wings Organization and all annoyed fans of this great city of Detroit, let me assure you, I hear your pleas and echoes for the much needed change in roster. JWill has been a good player for the Wings and I hope that he has continued success for himself in the NHL, just not on the Wings.

With that being said, F*CK JWILL!!! It's my turn to shine. I pledge to throw my body around with such reckless adandonment that I'll give Bettman and the rest of the Western Conference a coronary. I solemnly swear to uphold the tradition of Ole Time Hockey, like that of the great Mickey Redmond days and sacrifice myself for the greater good of the team. A wise man once told me, "Ya know JWill is only on the team cuz he's right handed."

JWill's time is up. He sucks...at life. I mean how bad do you have to suck, if you suck at life? I know what you're thinking...alot. JWill only takes ill-advised shots on the Power Play, plays lazy defense, and for some reason got released from the Wings, only to be brought back. Get cut once, shame on JWill...Get brought back, shame on Kenny. And as for an added bonus, I won't allow Doan or any other goon for that matter, to facewash, punch, shove or slash any Wing after the play has been whistled dead. I'd throw down but that ***** of a Commish would probably suspend me, so I'll just deck every motherf*cker who crosses me.

Here's to a better Game 2, because I'll be in it.

Awaiting my call-up patiently,

Justin Abdelkader

go green, go wings.

right about now, some jwilly lover should be mentioning how "we need that right handed shot on the point"...

wtf good is that shot when the whiny little maggot doesn't shoot??

abby ftw, and the hits, and if he's a little selfish with the puck its better than being so selfless with the puck that it winds up on the opposition's stick!

williams doesn't push old people down the stairs...he just acts like he might, but can't be bothered to. eff him, and please somebody wipe their ass with his LAST paycheck!!! my only worry is that when he's benched, it'll break the bench, and some of our real players will have impacted tailbones.

(yes, the whole game wasn't his fault. unless you consider what the game might've looked like with abby in his place. its all a matter of perspective...)

Edited by deetroit dario

Watching Williams out there (along with many others) was excrutiating. Williams looks afraid to go into the corners and get dirty. He does not fit at all with draper/miller. The gator would accomadate them much more nicely. Also, as for williams on the pp, I feel like he is a short handed goal waiting to happen. Please babcock, get him out of there.

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

Draper was a non-factor and played barely ANY minutes and the Coyotes literally man-handled us ALL game - Abs led the team in hits while he was here and can actually score...

My idea -

3rd line A(3rd):

Cleary-Miller-Eaves

3rd line B(4th):

Abdelkader-Helm-May

Let the 3rd line try to exploit their 3rd line and actually try to get a couple goals... put the 4th line out there with one message - ENERGY and drive anything and everything in the other sweater THROUGH THE BOARDS... maybe even send May out there with one task and one task only, run Jovo ANY CHANCE YOU GET - he can be coaxed to drop the gloves when frustrated and we get him off the ice for 5 minutes in exchange for May...

in my mind, Abs and May is an upgrade from Draper and Williams at this point with what we need in this series and what they bring to the table...