• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#41 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:01 AM

May obviously isn't faster than Draper but how has his skating ability been this year overall?

He skates faster than i thought he did.I'd love to see him in the lineup.i guess it just depends on slumps,injuries,etc.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#42 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:10 AM

I heard that Williams also enjoys pushing elderly people down the stairs.

Now all we have to do is somehow get him to push a couple people down to the ice....
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#43 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:26 AM

Abby > May

This.

May has no scoring threat what so ever. Abby can score once in a blue moon and is faster.

#44 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:08 AM

Well, to play devil's advocate, he did have pretty bad +/- when out there. It's not all his fault but he did play a part. Offensively for example he does have a bad tendency to be a little bit of a puck hog.

I will take a puck hog over the types of passes made in the 2nd and 3rd tonight.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#45 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:14 AM

Funny thing is Abdelkader and Williams have the same amount of career playoff points. 3.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#46 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:15 AM

Funny thing is Abdelkader and Williams have the same amount of career playoff points. 3.

Posted Image

Come on Babcock!

#47 NotTooAbby

NotTooAbby

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:11 AM

Dear LGW community,

On behalf of myself, the Red Wings Organization and all annoyed fans of this great city of Detroit, let me assure you, I hear your pleas and echoes for the much needed change in roster. JWill has been a good player for the Wings and I hope that he has continued success for himself in the NHL, just not on the Wings.

With that being said, F*CK JWILL!!! It's my turn to shine. I pledge to throw my body around with such reckless adandonment that I'll give Bettman and the rest of the Western Conference a coronary. I solemnly swear to uphold the tradition of Ole Time Hockey, like that of the great Mickey Redmond days and sacrifice myself for the greater good of the team. A wise man once told me, "Ya know JWill is only on the team cuz he's right handed."

JWill's time is up. He sucks...at life. I mean how bad do you have to suck, if you suck at life? I know what you're thinking...alot. JWill only takes ill-advised shots on the Power Play, plays lazy defense, and for some reason got released from the Wings, only to be brought back. Get cut once, shame on JWill...Get brought back, shame on Kenny. And as for an added bonus, I won't allow Doan or any other goon for that matter, to facewash, punch, shove or slash any Wing after the play has been whistled dead. I'd throw down but that ***** of a Commish would probably suspend me, so I'll just deck every motherf*cker who crosses me.

Here's to a better Game 2, because I'll be in it.

Awaiting my call-up patiently,

Justin Abdelkader

go green, go wings.

#48 deetroit dario

deetroit dario

i ride on two wheels, and they both have wings!

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:23 AM

right about now, some jwilly lover should be mentioning how "we need that right handed shot on the point"...

wtf good is that shot when the whiny little maggot doesn't shoot??

abby ftw, and the hits, and if he's a little selfish with the puck its better than being so selfless with the puck that it winds up on the opposition's stick!

williams doesn't push old people down the stairs...he just acts like he might, but can't be bothered to. eff him, and please somebody wipe their ass with his LAST paycheck!!! my only worry is that when he's benched, it'll break the bench, and some of our real players will have impacted tailbones.

(yes, the whole game wasn't his fault. unless you consider what the game might've looked like with abby in his place. its all a matter of perspective...)

Edited by deetroit dario, 15 April 2010 - 05:24 AM.

RAISE #16 TO THE RAFTERS!!!

i think, therefore i'm rare.

#49 Wings_Rule_1010

Wings_Rule_1010

LGRW!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:52 AM

Watching Williams out there (along with many others) was excrutiating. Williams looks afraid to go into the corners and get dirty. He does not fit at all with draper/miller. The gator would accomadate them much more nicely. Also, as for williams on the pp, I feel like he is a short handed goal waiting to happen. Please babcock, get him out of there.

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010, 15 April 2010 - 05:54 AM.

Go Blue!!!

#50 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:20 AM

Draper was a non-factor and played barely ANY minutes and the Coyotes literally man-handled us ALL game - Abs led the team in hits while he was here and can actually score...

My idea -
3rd line A(3rd):
Cleary-Miller-Eaves

3rd line B(4th):
Abdelkader-Helm-May

Let the 3rd line try to exploit their 3rd line and actually try to get a couple goals... put the 4th line out there with one message - ENERGY and drive anything and everything in the other sweater THROUGH THE BOARDS... maybe even send May out there with one task and one task only, run Jovo ANY CHANCE YOU GET - he can be coaxed to drop the gloves when frustrated and we get him off the ice for 5 minutes in exchange for May...

in my mind, Abs and May is an upgrade from Draper and Williams at this point with what we need in this series and what they bring to the table...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#51 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:36 AM

Before I even read your post I was going to say, easy answer...because we got manhandled. Williams needs to sit.

#52 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:37 AM

Before I even read your post I was going to say, easy answer...because we got manhandled. Williams needs to sit.

I know, it's basically pointing out the obvious...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#53 ManLuv4Clears

ManLuv4Clears

Tough As Nails

• Gold Booster
  • 593 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:15 AM

I don't know if May's the answer but something needs to be done about the 4th line. Miller showed a little energy and that was it. We need that line out there pounding bodies, especially after Doan is running around trying to take everyone's head off and keeping the crowd very into the game. At this point I would love to see Abby or May in over Williams and/or Draper just to cause a spark.

#54 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:17 AM

right about now, some jwilly lover should be mentioning how "we need that right handed shot on the point"...

As far as I know, these people don't exist.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#55 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:19 AM

Agreed, PK also killed us yesterday. Howard played good for his first game, he will be much tougher next game.

#56 Grateful Gadsby

Grateful Gadsby

Rookie

• Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:20 AM

Williams is playing himself out of a job. My God he never looks like he cares.

Williams played himself off the team in 2006, in my view. In that series against the Oilers when the Wings were upset in the first round, he skated around without a clue pretty much every game, and his stupid penalty and blown defensive coverage in the third period of the final game essentially handed the series to Edmonton. His remaining tenure with the organization should be spent in the pressbox, period.

#57 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:30 AM

I just realized the truth. Williams is actually Babcock's son. It all makes sense now. Come on Babs. Tough love is needed. Bench your boy! Put Abs in!
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#58 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:34 AM

Abs needs to play next game, his waiting for another chance at the cup the kid. He will be hungrier then Williams.

#59 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 742 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:36 AM

Please settle me down here, I know it was a ghost but I could have sworn I saw Abdlekader sitting on the bench last night. Its probably as I was watching it at 5am here in good ol' England but hey.

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#60 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:44 AM

Please settle me down here, I know it was a ghost but I could have sworn I saw Abdlekader sitting on the bench last night. Its probably as I was watching it at 5am here in good ol' England but hey.

Eyes definitely playing tricks on you... wishful thinking?

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here