• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Bench Williams Thread // Merged

Rate this topic

Did we play so well yesterday, that all we need to change is our 4th line?

Those are the only threads I'm seeing right now in terms of what to change. Put Abby in for Williams and all our troubles are saved.

I also want Abby to play, but this won't make or break us.

There aren't any other roster moves that could made that would improve the team, so there's no point complaining about everyone else, they aren't going anywhere.

The only thing to do, and I think Mike will go to this if the Wings don't get off to a quick start tomorrow, is put Hank and Pav together.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

It's not just one guy, it's a whole line and with Abdelkader on a line with Helm, we can really wear down their D and actually make them rush and that, over the course of a game, can make or break you... so all in all, one player no, the mentality that one player brings and the rub off effect he could have on those around him? yes.

I also want to see Abby play with Helm, but that means either Eaves or Cleary get put down to the 4th line.

I also want to see Abby play with Helm, but that means either Eaves or Cleary get put down to the 4th line.

you can rotate lines... if anything, I'd rather do a line 3a and 3b, basically seeing same ice time...

3a -

Cleary-Miller-Eaves

3b -

Abdelkader-Helm-May/Williams/Draper

Edited by stevkrause

Guest Lidstromboli

bert will make it so he never had to have all those surgeries by pure will

I understand a lot of people saying May is too slow and Draper brings more but I have to disagree. Draper no longer takes important faces offs, has stone hands, and someone said he was a better forechecker; all I ever see him do is skate into the zone around the net and back down the ice because the other team has cleared it about 2 min prior. Since he didn't play much this game what would it matter to have another player take his spot who isn't going to play much, but at least we can hope take off Jovocop, or destroy Doan hell do anything physical (I'm talking about Brad May). There's really no need to discuss Abby considering the moment the game ended even the Det. announcers were talking about how he needs to be inserted in and we all know who the biggest ***** on the team is so... Abby goes without saying.

Guest micah

People really think May is the difference if Doan is hitting our guys or not.

What people?

People *do* think that guys like Abdelkadre and May will throw their bodies around every chance they get (and not be defensive liabilities) better than no-shows like Williams, Helm, Filpula and Franzen last night. It's the playoffs, boys. If you aren't scoring, you better be hitting. If you can't or won't do either, sit and think about it while some lunchbucket plug does the work you think you're too pretty for.

There's really no need to discuss Abby considering the moment the game ended even the Det. announcers were talking about how he needs to be inserted in and we all know who the biggest ***** on the team is so... Abby goes without saying.

Franzen is the biggest ***** on the team (perhaps in the league) followed by Filpula, but at least they sometimes put up points when they aren't busy making sure that nobody hurts them. Willy brings nothing.

Editted to add: Abdelkabre was a typo, but I'm going to keep it as it was because it's kinda like chupacabra. everyone is going to be calling him that soon, it's gonna stick like Airfilter did.

Edited by micah

I doubt we'll see lineup changes for this next game, but in the event the wings go down 2 games to the dogs in similar fashion I can't see why Babs wouldn't give May or Abby a shot. Really at this point I think I'd like Abby's skating ability better so he > May for that reason. May couldn't be that bad though.

I don't see what Williams is doing better than Abdelkader, other than manning the PP point and I'm positive someone else (Ericsson has a 90+ mph shot, hello!?) could do just as well/better.

I don't think it is time to panic, but I think it is a very real possibility that Abby will be inserted for Williams soon. I just don't think May has the scoring ability or speed to keep up out there. And if they are looking for someone who can be physical, I think Abdeldaker had more hits than May did anyway. I realize May wasn't playing as many minutes, but I don't think it will matter.

Wings need to spread out the offense on the top 3 lines, and increase the effectiveness of the 4th line.

Zetterberg- Datsyuk - Homer

Franzen - Filpulla - Cleary

Bertuzzi - Miller - Williams

Abdlekader/Draper - Helm - Eaves

And roll 4 lines!!!!!!

Zetterberg- Datsyuk - Homer

Franzen - Filpulla - Cleary

Bertuzzi - Miller - Helm

Draper - May/Gator - Eaves

If we're doign the whole "panicking after one game" thing, give Williams one more game and bench Cleary for Abdelkader. At least Williams directed two pucks towards the net. Cleary wasn't anywhere to be seen for rebounds or deflections Wednesday. Christ, scratch them both. I'd rather see Lebda getting 0:00 of icetime from the bench than put in a player who isn't doing his job.

What people?

People *do* think that guys like Abdelkadre and May will throw their bodies around every chance they get (and not be defensive liabilities) better than no-shows like Williams, Helm, Filpula and Franzen last night. It's the playoffs, boys. If you aren't scoring, you better be hitting. If you can't or won't do either, sit and think about it while some lunchbucket plug does the work you think you're too pretty for.

Look. When I saw Doan hitting our guys last night, I knew that there's soon gonna be a thread like this.

Bringing up May or anyone won't stop Doan hitting them. Scoring on the PP on the other hand...

I definitely agree that Abdelkader should be there over Williams. I just don't see anyone to be replaced with May right now.

Guest Crymson

I agree with all of this. Stuart should be on the point if Babs isn't going to use E.

E has horrible shot selection, is too slow, and is not confident enough.

Guest Lidstromboli

E would probably have some confidence if they used him correctly :unsure:

E has horrible shot selection, is too slow, and is not confident enough.

Stuart hasn't been very impressive in that capacity when moved in there either, and obviously Williams sucks. The Wings just don't have a strong fourth option for the point on the PP -- although that's hardly a situation unique to Detroit.

Look. When I saw Doan hitting our guys last night, I knew that there's soon gonna be a thread like this.

Bringing up May or anyone won't stop Doan hitting them. Scoring on the PP on the other hand...

I definitely agree that Abdelkader should be there over Williams. I just don't see anyone to be replaced with May right now.

If you let a big, tough canadian guy run around and try to take our players heads off without hitting back, he's going to keep hitting back. However if he gets ran over by May or Abdelkader a few times he might think twice about running anyone.

That PP stuff is just stupid. The PP isnt going to stop anything, last night proved our team might be too soft to win this series so put in the big boys.

The pens said Talbot fighting Carcillo was their turning point last year, why not let May be our turning point this year. May is a playoff warrior, put him and Ab on the 4th line and we have a great energy line. Last game we had Miller kinda providing energy.