• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

Jimmy Howard

Rate this topic

I think he definitely held up very well for his first-ever playoff game, especially considering the sleepy team in front of him.

Edited by Jenny

He was good, not great but very solid, you can't pin the loss on him. That's really all I was looking for from him. He looked cool, calm, and collected. It can only get better from here.

I think we may have our goalie for the foreseeable future.

The Yotes are pretty rough because they love to have traffic all around the net and crash it. Jimmy looked a little shaky but he held up, I think with a win he has some confidence which he can build off of. My hope is that he will play better. Way to go on your first win!

I think he just needs a bit of experience in the playoff atmosphere to get back to his barely above 2 goals against average.

Every goal against (except, arguably the one he punched out to Kronwall who lost it in his skates) hasn't had much to do with his abilities.

A couple big rebounds here and there. Other than that, he's been fine.

I thought there were a couple of times tonight where he could've tightened it up a little, but overall, I think he's done all right so far, especially considering the wild game tonight! Howie's good to go in my book for the time being. And the time being has been a long time now, so keep it up, my man!

i felt like he should have made the save on a couple of their bounce-back goals early. but i feel like he held his own late. you never want to give up four goals against, but we dropped six on bryzgolov, who is supposedly second to only luongo in the playoffs. it was just a wild game. jimmeh made enough stops to get the W, and that's all i really care about.

He hasn't been particularly great or bad. He's been decent. Wings haven't been giving him the best of help on the odd man rushes either.

Hopefully he can continue to play good enough to not lose us a game, which he hasn't yet. That's the most important thing for a rookie goaltender. Having one great night, and one lousy one isn't what you want, he needs to consistently give this team a chance to win.

Did not look good at all...hope he bounce back

he has not been that bad but been actually pretty decent so far. The first game he was better but tonight was not all his fault to allow 4 goals. He had to make that five hole shot but some pucks were bouncing crazily. I think he can have better games in JLA.

Guest mindfly

Did he have 84-87sv%? i just think it's too low... luckily Bryzgalov had a bad night, but this can just happen once for howard, he just gotta be better no excuses (and of course the wings D has to play better, too.)

There was one goal that he should of froze it, I think it was the 3rd goal = Rookie mistake.

4th Goal I'd have to blame Lidstrom on that play considering Howard had the player with the puck Lids should of had Doan out of the picture but instead stood in the middle.

There was one goal that he should of froze it, I think it was the 3rd goal = Rookie mistake.

4th Goal I'd have to blame Lidstrom on that play considering Howard had the player with the puck Lids should of had Doan out of the picture but instead stood in the middle.

You obviously don't know how to defend a 2 on 1 if you think Lidstrom should focus all his energy on Doan and let the puck-carrier have a clear path to Howard unopposed.