• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
blues_demitra38

Since 2002...

Rate this topic

The Western Conference representative in the Stanley Cup Finals has been either the Red Wings or the team that ousted them. Take a look:

2002: Cup champion

2003: Swept by Anaheim

2004: Ousted by Calgary in 6 games

2006: Ousted by Oilers in 6 games

2007: WCF loss to the Ducks

2008: Cup champion

2009: Cup finalist

This means that in the event the Wings are bounced by the Coyotes we all know who will represent the West in the Stanley Cup Finals.

yeah, in 03, 04, and 05 the team that beat us lost in game 7 of the finals. the senators had to go and mess that streak up by losing in 06!

I think you may have mixed up your years....

I'd like to point out, 3 of the 4 times we've won the Cup, we were behind in the first round.

Been there, done that.

1997 losing game 1 to St. Louis.

1998 losing game 3 in phoenix... 3-2. Little more pressure being down 2-1 than 1-0.

2002 down 2-0 heading into Vancouver.

2008 - weren't down, but Nashville had tons of momentum after coming out of the 2-0 hole.

Speaks volumes for the wings really, I'd take it as a complement. I think the precedent makes it all that much more of a big deal to me that the wings win- I am sick of the princess story post seasons for failing franchises.

Basically the motto is: The Wings lose because the team that beat them is the best in the Western Conference.

The other motto is: In order for the Wings to win the cup, they have to face adversity and overcome it in the first round.

Where do you come up with this stuff, it is genius. :P