• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wings1110

Abbys in!

Rate this topic

Also, defenseman Brad Stuart will take over at the point of the second power-play unit, opposite Niklas Kronwall.

Ohhh yeah.

Good job Babcock!

I knew he had to give Williams a chance considering how good he "could" be. But glad it was only a one game experiment.

This is great news. I was hoping that this would happen but was unsure whether or not Babs would be to stubborn to pull the trigger.

Regardless, the fourth line and Williams - as godawful as he may be - did not cost us the game last night. The team as a whole did not deserve to win because, after the 1st period, they got manhandled in a major way. Honestly, did we even get a legitimate scoring chance in the last 40 minutes? I can't remember one.

Nonetheless, I'm pumped to see that useless plug out of the lineup, hopefully for good.

:clap: Woot! Something we all agree on. Now if they can just have a talk with Bertuzzi and encourage him to throw his weight around. I'd say the same for Franzen but I doubt he'll ever drop gloves.

Almost forgot about Ericsson. Why doesn't he lay the body on more?

Edited by Lancz

:clap: Woot! Something we all agree on. Now if they can just have a talk with Bertuzzi and encourage him to throw his weight around. I'd say the same for Franzen but I doubt he'll ever drop gloves.

Almost forgot about Ericsson. Why doesn't he lay the body on more?

I agree with you totally. Bertuzzi might get a mulligan due to his past back injuries, he might not be able to throw his weight like we'd all like to see in order to stay healthy and that deserves a pass from me so long as he is getting some points.

Franzen, IMHO could be as dominant of a Power forward as Bertuzzi once was. He has everything except he is a 230 lbs puss? How can a man that big and strong not want to pound guy through the boards? Thats his only flaw I think.

Ericsson needs to take Filpula to the local vet and get themselves a nice cycle of Decca Durbolin this off season. They need to add some muscle and strength to their frames, add a little roid rage and we will have to monsters!

mlive

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- After watching his team come out on the short end of the physical game in Wednesday's 3-2 Game 1 loss to Phoenix, coach Mike Babcock, as expected, will insert Justin Abdelkader into the lineup for Game 2 Friday at Jobing.com Arena.

Abdelkader will center the fourth line, with Kris Draper and Drew Miller. He replaces Jason Williams in the lineup.

Abdelkader led the team in hits with 152 before being sent down to Grand Rapids (AHL) on Jan. 29 due to roster and salary-cap limitations, when players began returning to the lineup from injuries.

"He played well for us early in the year,'' Babcock said after Thursday's practice at the Alltel Ice Den. "He's just a bigger body. We feel our bottom six (forwards) need to be more physical than they were last night.''

Williams struggled down the stretch, with no goals and four assists in his final 17 regular season games.

Brad Stuart might replace Williams on the point on the second power-play unit. Or Babcock might just use a three man rotation at the point with Nicklas Lidstrom, Brian Rafalski and Niklas Kronwall.

Best news I have heard all day :thumbup: