4) Joe Koucer

3) Dave Schultz

2) Tie Domi

1) Bob Probert

Honorable Mention:

Wendell Clark

John Wensik

Edited by Hockey God

Since, you said fighter and enforcer, and since I'm not really in the mood for deciding where the Tony Twists of hockey belong, and since I want a list of Wings...

My five favorite fighters.

I've always loved watching Shanny fight. He had some real slug fests with Foote.

Darren McCarty he could play hockey, and throw down as needed nuff said.

[Honorable Mention: Chris Chelios, remember when he fought Luc... I distinctly remember his boy saying, "mom why is that man hitting daddy?"]

Probert and Kocur are gimmies, but they were really more on the enforcer end.

Fischer, he didn't fight much, but I'll also never forget the pounding he gave Hartnell after he healed. I would not what to be anywhere close to the receiving end of that. Plus he was just so young, he really had the passion.

Martin Lapoint, he had more upper body strength than any other Wing at that time, and he got into some great match-ups with guys who didn't realize it.

Mike Vernon, probably the chippiest netminder I'll give credit to ;)

1. Behn Wilson

2. Bob Probert

3. Dave Brown

4. Joey Kocur

5. Donald Brashear

Don't know how the OP can rank Wensink and Schultz ahead of guys like Wilson and Brown.

I think Probert is the best enforcer ever, but Behn Wilson has to be the best hockey fighter ever. Guy fought around 100 NHL fights and only lost around 5 or so times. None were bad losses either. He was the perfect fighter who had no weaknesses. Was a pretty good player as well on the blue line, scoring 360 points in 600 games or so, before injuries and laziness ended his career.

Also, I want to give a shout out to guys like Gillies, Nystrom and Playfair, who could easily be in anyone's top 5.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guest micah

In no order:

Bob Probert

Dave Brown

Dave Semenko

Joe Kocur

Behn Wilson

Laraque and Brashear could both be fit in there too.

Most skilled dominant fighter is Probert. Scariest fighter (as in the last guy I'd want mad at me) is dave Brown. Most entertaining is PJ Stock or Chris Murray. My most underrated is probably Sand McCarthy.

In the league right now I'm going with

Boogard

Colton Orr

Godard

Carkner

and Mcgratton

Might toss Ivanans in there but I wouldn't want him on my team. Laraque seems like hes done for now so I didnt count him either.

In no order:

Bob Probert

Dave Brown

Dave Semenko

Joe Kocur

Behn Wilson

Most skilled dominant fighter is Probert. Scariest fighter (as in the last guy I'd want mad at me) is dave Brown. Most entertaining is PJ Stock or Chris Murray. My most underrated is probably Sand McCarthy.

Well Current ones i got:

Colton Orr

Brian McGrattan

Matt Carkner

Zenon Konopka

Cam Janssen

Well Current ones i got:

Colton Orr

Brian McGrattan

Matt Carkner

Zenon Konopka

Cam Janssen

Konopka isnt a top heavy. He's a light heavy that just fights alot. Youre not gonna see him against a guy like Orr. Janssen is crazy as hell but I dunno if he's a top notch fighter and deserves on the list over someone like Boogard.

Konopka isnt a top heavy. He's a light heavy that just fights alot. Youre not gonna see him against a guy like Orr. Janssen is crazy as hell but I dunno if he's a top notch fighter and deserves on the list over someone like Boogard.

I wasn't exactly sure if we were talking about pure heavyweights or not.In that case,Boogaard over Konopka.

In no order:

Bob Probert

Dave Brown

Dave Semenko

Joe Kocur

Behn Wilson

Yeah, "The Sandman" was a tough SOB. You could argue that he was the best fighter in the league for a few years there in the 90's.

I don't agree with Semenko being up there, though. He had a great rep and was a good fighter before he played in the NHL, but he always had bad showings against top NHL heavies. An overrated fighter if there ever was one, maybe the most overrated fighter ever. Always jumped his opponents like a puss.

All time:

Bob Probert

Joey Kocur

Marty McSorely

Basil McRae

Craig Berube

Why do you think Basil McRae was one of the best fighters ever?

He was always a willing fighter, but never a top 5 guy during his career. Not the greatest win/loss record either.

Yeah, "The Sandman" was a tough SOB. You could argue that he was the best fighter in the league for a few years there in the 90's.

I don't agree with Semenko being up there, though. He had a great rep and was a good fighter before he played in the NHL, but he always had bad showings against top NHL heavies. An overrated fighter if there ever was one, maybe the most overrated fighter ever. Always jumped his opponents like a puss.

Why do you think Basil McRae was one of the best fighters ever?

He was always a willing fighter, but never a top 5 guy during his career. Not the greatest win/loss record either.

He had some epic battles with Probert and Kocur back in the day.Imo he was one of the best enforcers ever.

He had some epic battles with Probert and Kocur back in the day.Imo he was one of the best enforcers ever.

Oh he was definitely a great enforcer and a very willing and entertaining fighter.

I've just never heard anyone say he was one of the best fighters ever in terms of actual fighting ability and effectiveness. You're the only person I've ever come across who has him in the top 5.