• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockey God

Top 5 Fighters

Rate this topic

Fair enough, as long as you admit that Lucic is a bad person as well as a hater of small children. :D

BTW, am I being biased here on Lucic?

WOULD NEVER! He is a fine young man and could run for Prime Minister of the great north lands of the north we call...CANADA. Lucic is an all around good player and wish the Wings would get a guy just like him. We need that kind of force out there (who fights here and there and wins some :D )

It's hard for a lot of us to make an all-time list when we weren't alive to watch many of the fighters before Probert.

I don't know if Orr would make the list of best fighters all time, but I think he is currently the best enforcer in the league. His fighting style is very offensive and this makes him prone to getting tagged and losing. However, he has a good win percentage and isn't afraid to force the issue.

Unfortunately, I was too young to follow hockey when Probie played for the Wings, so I sadly don't have those kinds of memories.

You don't have to have been alive.

Go to youtube or dropyourgloves.com, and you can watch pretty much any great fighter from the 70's onwards, and watch many of their fights.

Just like it is with people who say they don't know Marlon Brando or John Wayne because they weren't alive back then. Doesn't make a difference when they existed, as long as footage of them is still around.

I've watched a lot of the old fights online. However, I like watching the games and seeing how the fighters enforcers played. I don't think I've watched enough of the old fighters to make an informed list because I usually just watch the names I've heard of before.

I think that Chara will never be an effective enforcer. Firstly, he is one of his team's best players, so even if he wins, his team still loses in a sense. Also, he tends to use his wrestling background a lot.

Well when Chara's pissed,he'll go with anyone.I specifically remember when he fought Donald Brashear a couple of years ago back when Brashear was a Washington Capital.And then there was the infamous pummeling of David Koci back when Koci was a Chicago Blackhawk.He's willing to throw with anyone if you get him pissed enough,but it doesn't happen often at all.

Chara is one of the best fighters in the league I would say, but not near the best enforcer. When Chara is pissed, he is a force to be reckoned with and there is not a lot of guys in the league I wouldn't pick him to win a fight over. But like was said before, he is too good to be a legit enforcer or anything because he is a legit number 1 defenseman

Kocur has to be in the top 5. Even Bob Probert himself said Kocur was the toughest fighter he had ever seen. Although Probert himself is clearly number 1 on that list.

Yeah Kocur just for having the greatest right hand of all time gets the nod for me. When he was with Detroit in his prime he had Probie too so he didn't have to enforce as much as he would and could've shown his ability better

Chara is one of the best fighters in the league I would say, but not near the best enforcer.

I don't know about that Chara can wrestle guys down but he rarely lands a good punch. When you're that big you sacrifice coordination