• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockey God

Top 5 Fighters

Rate this topic

Oh he was definitely a great enforcer and a very willing and entertaining fighter.

I've just never heard anyone say he was one of the best fighters ever in terms of actual fighting ability and effectiveness. You're the only person I've ever come across who has him in the top 5.

Well there's plenty of other guys that could be on the list.Top 5 fighters of all time is a big complicated.theres so many to choose from. I'm surprised there wasn't more people that had Chris Nilan.But then again,he's a wicked old timer so not as many people know about him.

Well there's plenty of other guys that could be on the list.Top 5 fighters of all time is a big complicated.theres so many to choose from. I'm surprised there wasn't more people that had Chris Nilan.But then again,he's a wicked old timer so not as many people know about him.

I've always thought of Nilan as a hugger who usually got beat up when he fought other top heavies.

He was a good fighter, but doesn't deserve top 10 status. I was surprised that more people didn't list Dave Brown. I figured everyone has heard of him.

I've always thought of Nilan as a hugger who usually got beat up when he fought other top heavies.

He was a good fighter, but doesn't deserve top 10 status. I was surprised that more people didn't list Dave Brown. I figured everyone has heard of him.

Oh yeah i've heard of Brown just haven't seen many of his fights.Never really saw enough of Nilan either to put him on the list.There's just so many to put on a list of 5.ya know?"tiger" WIlliams wasn't a heavy weight but he wasn't afraid of anybody.Gino Odjick was badass.The list goes on and on.

Oh yeah i've heard of Brown just haven't seen many of his fights.Never really saw enough of Nilan either to put him on the list.There's just so many to put on a list of 5.ya know?"tiger" WIlliams wasn't a heavy weight but he wasn't afraid of anybody.Gino Odjick was badass.The list goes on and on.

If you go to dropyourgloves.com, you can see at least 75% of Brown's fights, and the same with these other fighters from that era, and even earlier.

That's the beauty of the internet, where we can have access to these things.

I can't understand how anyone can't have Clark on this list...He took on anyone, and did well in most bouts against guys much bigger than him.

I agree,Clark was the toughest pound for pound ever.....beating guys always much bigger than him....he even handed Proby his ass as few times!! He had countless fights with Grimson, McSorley,Kordik, & never faired too badly. He was not a heavyweight & was also a top three player. However,it was from constantly tangling with these gorillas he screwed up his back & had to tone it down towards the end of his career.

Alexander Semin and here's proof

beat me to it haha

Well Current ones i got:

Colton Orr

Brian McGrattan

Matt Carkner

Zenon Konopka

Cam Janssen

You can't exclude the boogie man. He's probably the top fighter in the league right now. He is one scary man

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Hmmm....so many different variables to think of.

Personally, my list would always, under any circumstances, include:

Joey Kocur

After that there's quite a few

Domi (for his sheer size disadvantage, cement head and ability not to get knocked the feck out considering how much he fought)

Probert (for obvious reasons)

Chris Nilan (propensity for fighting and losing his mind)

Grimson (for his size, punching power and penchant for going absolutely whacko on the ice)

Many others

John Kordic

Dave Brown

the Hammer

Terry O'Reilly

Ferguson

Semenko

McSorely

modern guys i'd say my top 3 have been

Boogie

Laraque

Orr

Brashear (you almost have to include him b/c he dominated so many fights and rarely lost clean)

edit

For my money, Wendel Clark was one of the toughest guys I ever saw play.

Also, it was short lived, but when he was king of the mountain, Tony Twist was absolutely ferocious and not too many guys even wanted to dance with him.

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

I can't understand how anyone can't have Clark on this list...He took on anyone, and did well in most bouts against guys much bigger than him.

The reason is not many people remeber him, when I started this topic i didnt even remember until last night when I added him

Edited by Hockey God

Never liked Clark. He always jumped his opponents like a cheap ass.

Still, his win percentage is amazing and he did beat up on many enforcers. However, the reason most people don't think of him as a top 10 guy is because there's too many weak names on his card and he didn't exclusively fight the toughest guys in hockey. He never really had to be an enforcer that fought ever night.

Another honorable mention is Rob Ray

Punching bag who cheated to win his fights. s***ty win percentage at the end of the day. Did have great punching power, but he'd have a hard time cracking the top 10 fighters of the 90's list in my book.

Peter Worrell was a beast,although he didn't play very long.

Worrell was more of a hugger than a fighter. And he had no power for his size. Not many KO's and TKO's in the NHL level. He was a top 5 fighter in his day, but not really top 5 all-time.

Never liked Clark. He always jumped his opponents like a cheap ass.

Still, his win percentage is amazing and he did beat up on many enforcers. However, the reason most people don't think of him as a top 10 guy is because there's too many weak names on his card and he didn't exclusively fight the toughest guys in hockey. He never really had to be an enforcer that fought ever night.

Oh i'm not saying Worrell should even be considered on the all-time list.I'm just saying he was a beast.

Punching bag who cheated to win his fights. s***ty win percentage at the end of the day. Did have great punching power, but he'd have a hard time cracking the top 10 fighters of the 90's list in my book.

Worrell was more of a hugger than a fighter. And he had no power for his size. Not many KO's and TKO's in the NHL level. He was a top 5 fighter in his day, but not really top 5 all-time.

Rick Rypien is no slouch.

I think Rypien is overrated big time. He throws the jersey over ppls heads near the ends of fights then tees off on them so the refs can't get in like theyre supposed to. Yeah he's small and takes on bigger guys but its annoying how much ppl overrate him in my eyes. He throws weak punches too I think.

Watch the fight with May he had this year and May was pounding him until May got tired. Once May was tired out Ripper put his jersey over his head and teed off so the refs couldnt get in.

Neither am I.I was shocked and still am shocked Colorado re-signed him.

He's huge but not impressive by any means in his fights. They would have been better off keeping Mccormick and pairing him with Mcleod. Those 2 used to raise hell against Detroit