• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockey God

Top 5 Fighters

Rate this topic

Yeah I saw Buffalo re-signed McCormick to a 1 year deal.Maybe he'll be a regular in the Sabres lineup next year with the departure of Adam Mair.McCormick impressed in last year's playoffs against Boston.

I think Koci will get more playing time this year,but not much more than 40 games,I'd say.He reminds me of Chris Simon with the cheapshots he pulls during fights.

Yeah I saw Buffalo re-signed McCormick to a 1 year deal.Maybe he'll be a regular in the Sabres lineup next year with the departure of Adam Mair.McCormick impressed in last year's playoffs against Boston.

I think Koci will get more playing time this year,but not much more than 40 games,I'd say.He reminds me of Chris Simon with the cheapshots he pulls during fights.

Yeah Mccormick always seemed pretty decent to me. The Sabres don't have much size outside of Gaustad and Myers so he would help them for sure. Mcleod was clearly the better of the two however and I can't blame Colly for picking Mcleod over Mccormick

Gaustad doesn't really fight all that much,either.I couldn't find any details on whether McCormick's contract was two way contract or not.Buffalo signed Tim Conboy yesterday I believe,which will also make them a bit meaner.I couldn't find out if Conboy's was a two way either.Conboy can play defense and forward so maybe he'll get more playing time than he did with Carolina.

Gaustad doesn't really fight all that much,either.I couldn't find any details on whether McCormick's contract was two way contract or not.Buffalo signed Tim Conboy yesterday I believe,which will also make them a bit meaner.I couldn't find out if Conboy's was a two way either.Conboy can play defense and forward so maybe he'll get more playing time than he did with Carolina.

Conboy has a 2 way and Mccormick a one way. Gaustad doesn't fight a lot but he can when he needs too.

Probert's always been an old favorite of mine.

Currently, I think Colton Orr has to be ranked right up there. From the Toronto games I watched the past season he generally just destroys people. Also, I've always had a soft spot for Parros, as I'm pretty sure his mustache has magical powers.

Probert

Kocur

Pushor

Nyström

Wilson

Norton

Brown

(Spot the incorrect answers.)

As for most entertaining, the answer is an obvious one, even though he was more of a Pest [on PCP] than an enforcer...

Andy 'The Buzzsaw' Bezeau

Nota bene - based on clips seen online.

Probert

Kocur

Pushor

Nyström

Wilson

Norton

Brown

As for most entertaining, the answer is an obvious one, even though he was more of a Pest [on PCP] than an enforcer...

Wow I just looked him up on youtube. He looks like he is straight out of the movie slap shot. What a psycho lol

Wow I just looked him up on youtube. He looks like he is straight out of the movie slap shot. What a psycho lol

You've got to love his stats from the 1995-1996 regular season playing for the IHL's Fort Wayne Komets:

GP G A P PIM

74 10 11 21 590

Edited by NGKEIB

Probert's always been an old favorite of mine.

Currently, I think Colton Orr has to be ranked right up there. From the Toronto games I watched the past season he generally just destroys people. Also, I've always had a soft spot for Parros, as I'm pretty sure his mustache has magical powers.

I love the way Colton Orr plays. I watched a fair amount of Leafs games last and he seems to embody the enforcer role. It takes a lot to make Philly look weak, but he managed to run around without recourse during their games.

Carcillo refused to fight Orr every time Toronto and Philadelphia played.

Orr went after Richards a few times, ran Leighton, went after Carcillo, threw cheap shots, etc and nothing happened. Asham eventually stepped up, but he didn't seem to excited about it.

Here's him running Leighton.

I think Rypien is overrated big time. He throws the jersey over ppls heads near the ends of fights then tees off on them so the refs can't get in like theyre supposed to. Yeah he's small and takes on bigger guys but its annoying how much ppl overrate him in my eyes. He throws weak punches too I think.

Watch the fight with May he had this year and May was pounding him until May got tired. Once May was tired out Ripper put his jersey over his head and teed off so the refs couldnt get in.

So you don't like Rypien not only because he fights smart, but because he has more stamina than May. Got it. :rolleyes:

Players I have seen...

Probert

Kocur

Lucic (this is no joke, the guy is just ridiculous)

Orr

Grimson (scary guy)

Lucic is overrated as a fighter IMO. This year he only had four fights, and he only won one of them. Most of his fights in previous years, although impressive, were not against top fighters. Therefore, I don't think he can be considered a great fighter. He's a great player (mix of skill and physicality) and I love his style, but he's not one of the greatest fighters in the past ~20 years.

Players I have seen...

Probert

Kocur

Lucic (this is no joke, the guy is just ridiculous)

Orr

Grimson (scary guy)

If Lucic is one of the 5 best fighters you've ever seen, then I feel really sorry for you.

Even if he wasn't a pure spotpicker, I'd still feel sorry for you for putting Lucic on the same list as true heavies.

Probert

Kocur

Pushor

Nyström

Wilson

Norton

Brown

Yeah, Bezeau is a weird one.

Right up there with Link Gaetz and Steve Durbano in terms of psycho status.

Its sorta all time and some ppl are talking about present day guys.

Anyways,its hard to go against Orr.Brian Burke is beefing up the Leafs even more with the acquisition of Mike Brown and Colby Armstrong.

It's hard for a lot of us to make an all-time list when we weren't alive to watch many of the fighters before Probert.

I don't know if Orr would make the list of best fighters all time, but I think he is currently the best enforcer in the league. His fighting style is very offensive and this makes him prone to getting tagged and losing. However, he has a good win percentage and isn't afraid to force the issue.

Feel sorry for me for picking a fighter? Wow GMR... lol NOT. THAT. SERIOUS. :lol:

Hey, you can neg me all you want, but Lucic would get killed by any of the guys on your list if they fought in their primes.

He's not even one of the 20 best fighters in hockey today, and I doubt any fight fan would say otherwise.

It's hard for a lot of us to make an all-time list when we weren't alive to watch many of the fighters before Probert.

I don't know if Orr would make the list of best fighters all time, but I think he is currently the best enforcer in the league. His fighting style is very offensive and this makes him prone to getting tagged and losing. However, he has a good win percentage and isn't afraid to force the issue.

You don't have to have been alive.

Go to youtube or dropyourgloves.com, and you can watch pretty much any great fighter from the 70's onwards, and watch many of their fights.

Just like it is with people who say they don't know Marlon Brando or John Wayne because they weren't alive back then. Doesn't make a difference when they existed, as long as footage of them is still around.

Hey, you can neg me all you want, but Lucic would get killed by any of the guys on your list if they fought in their primes.

Didn't neg ya there btw. I have my opinion on this "discussion" board and you have your's. Not totally against what you are saying seeing how Lucic is not a "fighter" per se. With his scraps I would say he more or less is spotty too. I will take a mulligan on that one and go with Rob Ray. LOL whatever man, just saying though, take your sympathies for my choices of fighter and use it on some other poster. ;)

Didn't neg ya there btw. I have my opinion on this "discussion" board and you have your's. Not totally against what you are saying seeing how Lucic is not a "fighter" per se. With his scraps I would say he more or less is spotty too. I will take a mulligan on that one and go with Rob Ray. LOL whatever man, just saying though, take your sympathies for my choices of fighter and use it on some other poster. ;)

Fair enough, as long as you admit that Lucic is a bad person as well as a hater of small children. :D

BTW, am I being biased here on Lucic?