• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FunkedUp

Center Ice subscribers / VS

Rate this topic

So it looks like VS will be joining the Wings game "in progress" and won't show the game until 11. I'm not seeing the FSN feed on my center ice subscription. Is this happening to anyone else? I wouldn't be very happy if I had to miss half the game.

So it looks like VS will be joining the Wings game "in progress" and won't show the game until 11. I'm not seeing the FSN feed on my center ice subscription. Is this happening to anyone else? I wouldn't be very happy if I had to miss half the game.

I was just about to ask the same thing. VS has 4 games on tomorrow night. Unbelieveable.

Vs only has 3 games on tomorrow, but the Wings game IS JIP. Hopefully, the Hawks game is quickly played, few whistles, no OT.

I think it's 4. Ott-Pit, Nash-Chi,Det-Pho, and Col-SJ.

The CHI/NSH game starts at 8:30. IF, and this is a big IF, they play a low scoring game with few stoppages of play then the game will end around 11:15 or so. But let's be super generous and say that it will end at 11:00 sharp. This means, that we will miss the ENTIRE 1st period, and perhaps the 1st half of the 2nd period, depending on the pace of the Wings game.

I just don't understand why the hell the FSN Detroit feed wouldn't be available on the Center Ice package. You would think that the FREAKIN PLAYOFF GAMES WOULD BE SHOWN!!!

I think it's 4. Ott-Pit, Nash-Chi,Det-Pho, and Col-SJ.

You're right.

I went to the Versus site and checked. Thnere may be good news... check this out.

Friday

Game 2: Ottawa at Pittsburgh, 7:00

Game 1: Nashville at Chicago, 8:30 (JIP)

Game 2: Detroit at Phoenix, 10:00

Game 2: Colorado at San Jose, 10:30 p.m (JIP)

http://www.versus.com/blogs/nhl/vs-nhl-schedule/

Notice what's NOT after the Wings game?

Checked just a little bit ago and it's showing up on my center ice to have FSD in HD so no more worries for me. Hopefully you guys get it as well

Awesome, I just checked again and I saw it. They must have just updated the listings. I suppose this thread can now be buried.

Awesome, I just checked again and I saw it. They must have just updated the listings. I suppose this thread can now be buried.

I now blame game 1 loss on not being able to watch the game with Kenny and Mick. After period 1 Babs said lay off guys BamaWing isn't getting this with the good announcers so wait for Friday night and plus we'll have Abby in there.

that's my story and me and Captain Morgan are sticking to it :ph34r:

For those of us with Center Ice, have any of you guys ever figured out if there is a rhyme or reason as to which of the 2 channels the Wings' home broadcast is shown vs. the "other guys"? For instance, tonight's game is being shown on channel 775 and 776. I want to DVR the game, but don't know which of the two channels to pick. I usually have to actually be HOME to make sure I pick the right one, which sort've defeats the purpose.

Thanks,

Jeff

For those of us with Center Ice, have any of you guys ever figured out if there is a rhyme or reason as to which of the 2 channels the Wings' home broadcast is shown vs. the "other guys"? For instance, tonight's game is being shown on channel 775 and 776. I want to DVR the game, but don't know which of the two channels to pick. I usually have to actually be HOME to make sure I pick the right one, which sort've defeats the purpose.

Thanks,

Jeff

Yes, I've dealt with that as well. One thing I noticed a week-or-so ago is that I believe the visiting team is on the first channel (in this case 775) and the home team gets the second (776). I haven't tested this theory yet, but its worth another look next season.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff, I've noticed that the visiting team broadcast is the lower of the two channel numbers.....for example, 775 Red Wings @ Coyotes or 776 Red Wings @ Coyotes, you would want the 775 or 775-1 (HD) Channel. Just my experience.

With DISH Network, and Center Ice the home team gets the feed will be in HD...Channels seem to vary.

Have you guys with DirecTV, and Center Ice ever gotten MSG in HD?...Seems as though most games that are in HD are via FOX sports.

If the NHL wants to avoid having issues with VS, and overlapping games - they should schedule the game with the least likely viewing audience to be aired on the NHL Network...Just my opinion.

I don't recall either way. I'll look for it though the next opportunity I get.

Thanks,

Jeff

If you look at the lowest channel for the Center Ice package that has the entire schedule on it for the day, you'll usually see a (H) or an (A) next to each listing indicating home or away coverage. At least that's how it is on mine. So essentially you could pick the right game to dvr before you leave for work and you'd be all set.

Good Luck!

esteef

If you look at the lowest channel for the Center Ice package that has the entire schedule on it for the day, you'll usually see a (H) or an (A) next to each listing indicating home or away coverage. At least that's how it is on mine. So essentially you could pick the right game to dvr before you leave for work and you'd be all set.

Good Luck!

esteef

And that's on/for DirecTV? How the hell have I never noticed that? Does the guide list the channel as anything out of the ordinary (I.E. NHL Schedule)?

And that's on/for DirecTV? How the hell have I never noticed that? Does the guide list the channel as anything out of the ordinary (I.E. NHL Schedule)?

Not sure about DirecTV as I have cable. So for example I have channels 670-680 or something with 670 being the channel that just says something like "Call such and such number to order Center Ice" and then 671 thru the rest have the schedule for the day until the games actually come on those channels. That's where I normally see the schedule with the Home and Away indicated. I'm in the same boat as Jeff, I look to set up the dvr to record the Detroit feed before I go to work in the morning.

esteef

That's what nice about having a satellite dish; there are multiple feeds for Center Ice which allows you to pick which broadcast to watch...I'll NEVER go back to cable!

We have the multiple feeds too, normally, just not this time. ;)

esteef

On my CI schedule on DISH, scroll thru the schedule until the time the actual game starts. There you will see the game info PLUS the feed DET or PHX on each channel.

Edit: Course my LIVE feed tonite will be SEC 116 ROW G Seats 1 & 2.

Edited by TheWestWing