• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 2 GDT: Red Wings 7 at Coyotes 4

Rate this topic

Did someone drop acid in my drink in the 1st intermission or did that 2nd period really happen?

Craziness. Atleast we're scoring. I feel the more open the game is, the more advantage it is for the Wings with their skill.

Great to see Pav, Hank, Fil all stepping up. Like what I'm seeing from Mule as well, he just needs to get his scoring touch activated.

This game could go either way, but it's ENTERTAINING to say the least!

Haha! I heard that too!

That "Kronwalled" defintion on the inspirationl poster w/ the pic of Kronwall destroying Havlat was emailed all over the place. Can't remember if that one originated on this board.

Rafalski is responsible for that Lombardi goal.

He got beat to the puck and failed to pick up his man.

True story. All 3 goals they Yotes have scored have been defensive breakdowns. Howard cannot be faulted for any of them.

I start drinkin' the Wings start scoring...

Keep drinking then!

Mr. Franzen, please answer the red courtesy phone.

Seriously, time for the Mule to get it going here....

Ok, it's now the end of the 2nd period, and Franzen was scaring the crap out of me for awhile there. He looked totally indecisive. But he sure picked it up in the second half of the second. As they ALL did.

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!! GO, WINGIES!!! You have found your rhythm so stick to it, dammit!!!

Definitely flipped a s*** on my brother in a text when he asked me if they "Threw The Snake"

Told him it was a bunch of ****** bags imitating a tradition they knew nothing about that were completely absent 3 months ago when the team needed support to show they belonged and now flock to the arena as if the give a ******* s***.

True story. All 3 goals they Yotes have scored have been defensive breakdowns. Howard cannot be faulted for any of them.

Eh, I'd have liked to see him stop the Lombardi goal. That's half on him.

Seriously, though, the one that came before that....Kronwall WTF.

Your hockey ignorance knows no bounds. Its quite apparent you have never played the game, nor been a goalie. Helps to not be biased.

One of the main skills of a good goalie is being able to either a) control your rebounds or b) absorb the puck.

That said, you should always direct your rebounds towards the corners if you have to give them up on shots from the middle. You should direct your rebounds towards the end boards if you are taking a shot from the side.

This is based on the meaning that if you drew a line from the goal post to the dot and then to the boards on that side, on each side, the area between those lines is the "middle" area and the area below it is the "side" area.

Beyond that, a goalie has to know when he can drop the puck if he is holding it and when to just freeze it.

Howard has a tendency to drop the puck with opposing players around, or to kick rebounds into the slot right to opposing players. He has had a great year, but this series has shown that he still needs to improve in some basic areas.