• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 2 GDT: Red Wings 7 at Coyotes 4

Rate this topic

I don't know, that ice looked pretty fast tonight.

Uhh, No. The ice was s***. The puck bounced around and unless the team went and got free booze at Embassy Suites, one would have to wonder why 3 players (2 wings) that I counted fell over for no apparent reason.

Not happy w/ the first line...If I'm Babs, I bump up Cleary to take Franzens spot until Franzen decides to be a force.

So make it harder for Franzen to be a force out there until he can be a force out there?

Skilled players go on the top line. Cleary is not one of those players.

So make it harder for Franzen to be a force out there until he can be a force out there?

Skilled players go on the top line. Cleary is not one of those players.

Skilled BIG players that play on the perimeter need to be sent a message. You will get more goals out of Cleary if he crashes the net, then Franzen figure skating. Williams and Abby are a major case in point.

Don't get me wrong, I have been one of Cleary's biggest critics all year, but Franzen has just about disappeared and this is supposed to be his time.

Edited by clutchngrab

Skill players that play on the perimeter need to be sent a message. You will get more goals out of Cleary if he crashes the net, then Franzen figure skating. Williams and Abby are a major case in point.

Don't get me wrong, I have been one of Cleary's biggest critics all year, but Franzen has just about disappeared and this is supposed to be his time.

It's been two games. Two games where the Wings have been forced to adapt their game based on lack of home ice and a team that is basically competing on adrenaline.

Babcock isn't going to panic with line changes. He will juggle them around, but he isn't going to panic just because Franzen hasn't been dominant yet (especially since they scored 7 goals tonight).

Franzen has always been a streaky player. He runs off confidence, no way you can take him off the first line. He's not playing horribly, the puck just isn't finding him in the offensive zone.

He'll score 4 goals in 2 games soon, just how he is.

Guest mindfly

WTF I got a power failure just when 1st period ended and just hours ago got the power back on, what a sick ******* game.... I really didn't like how they got a goal back so short after all the time, Howard wasn't as sharp as one would like... The offense I liked though, can't complain

btw... SHANE DOAN IS A MORON

Edited by mindfly

WTF I got a power failure just when 1st period ended and just hours ago got the power back on, what a sick ******* game.... I really didn't like how they got a goal back so short after all the time, Howard wasn't as sharp as one would like... The offense I liked though, can't complain

btw... SHANE DOAN IS A MORON

I used to like the guy. Now it's pure hatred. Quick transformation Doan.

Guest mindfly

Did you also notice Zetterbergs sick beard growth, he had nothing at puckdrop in the first game and now two days later a full beard.... insane.

Did you also notice Zetterbergs sick beard growth, he had nothing at puckdrop in the first game and now two days later a full beard.... insane.

His beard has a life of it's own.

His beard should stand up to Doan.

No doubt 'Z' had that look that he wasn't going to be denied tonight. Such a smart player knowing how to pace himself when pushing to the net (i.e. his first and second goals) but did he ever crush a coyote (don't know who it was) right in front of the Wings bench. Babcock was right about lines 3 and 4, they really did a job tonight - love Miller's play along the boards - he wins most of his battles.

I foresee the same type of effort for games 3 and 4. It is fun to watch when they play like they did in periods 2 and 3 last night.

Franzen has always been a streaky player. He runs off confidence, no way you can take him off the first line. He's not playing horribly, the puck just isn't finding him in the offensive zone.

He'll score 4 goals in 2 games soon, just how he is.

I agree. He was a bit of a slug tonight, but he'll get it going. It might have gotten lost in that torrent of goals in the second, but he did make a sick backhand pass right onto Pavel's tape for the goal, and that was no mean feat. As soon as he gets his snipe on the Wings will really be rolling.

Great win nice to see Hanks line pick it up , I thought after the first pentaly to Bert he played a great game showed alot of desire and determination and played a tough style of hockey :clap: just what this team needed along with adding Abby to the lineup .I also liked the way Draps played he got under their skin and was a big reason Abby got the break on his goal.Great win you need to compete not float to win in the playoffs and thats just what the Wings did last night. :siren::siren::siren::siren: LIGHT EM UP AGAIN ON SUNDAY :siren::siren: