• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 2 GDT: Red Wings 7 at Coyotes 4

Rate this topic

It's been two games. Two games where the Wings have been forced to adapt their game based on lack of home ice and a team that is basically competing on adrenaline.

Babcock isn't going to panic with line changes. He will juggle them around, but he isn't going to panic just because Franzen hasn't been dominant yet (especially since they scored 7 goals tonight).

I'm not saying bench him, just shuffle him around a bit. I'd do the same with Bert if he starts being a passenger. We need these big guys to play like big guys, period or we won't go that deep. So if I'm Babcock, I try to coach the compete level of those 2 in particular. BTW, It's not like his lackluster play just started with the playoffs.

WTF I got a power failure just when 1st period ended and just hours ago got the power back on, what a sick ******* game.... I really didn't like how they got a goal back so short after all the time, Howard wasn't as sharp as one would like... The offense I liked though, can't complain

btw... SHANE DOAN IS A MORON

It's funny how people just noticed this when he acted the same way in game 1. However because it was a winning effort he was heralded as a player with such emotion.

Helm's line still looks somewhat nervous out there. Patience with the Mule, although he didn't score tonight he had a sick feed to Datsyuk for his goal, and looked to show a little more urgency out there. Its only a matter of time I think till the Mule is at full strength. Great game for the 2nd line though, Flip and Bert really suprised me with their play. I hadn't see Bertuzzi get that angry in a long time.

That "1" looks good up there :)

Yeah, Matt! It's beeeeeeauuuutiful! :thumbup:

Skilled BIG players that play on the perimeter need to be sent a message. You will get more goals out of Cleary if he crashes the net, then Franzen figure skating. Williams and Abby are a major case in point.

Don't get me wrong, I have been one of Cleary's biggest critics all year, but Franzen has just about disappeared and this is supposed to be his time.

I agree - at least for the first two periods. But I believe Franzen made a pass that scored a goal. So I'm not about to dump him anywhere yet.

WTF I got a power failure just when 1st period ended and just hours ago got the power back on, what a sick ******* game.... I really didn't like how they got a goal back so short after all the time, Howard wasn't as sharp as one would like... The offense I liked though, can't complain

btw... SHANE DOAN IS A MORON

And then he whined to the refs after the game about his penalty. Which pretty much proves your point.

It almost appeared as if they were playing 'possum in the first 20, I didn't think it was as bad as I was reading on here (caught up with it on the DVR, skipped ALL the commercials..) but they were playing at a level that was just barely equal to the opposition.

After they got their legs going in the second, it seemed as if for periods of time they were just putting the dogs to shame. To be fair, Jimmy did bail them out a few times.

Any time you score seven goals against a team in the playoffs, that's sending a message. Unless they score 9.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Doan is like a dog humping a pant leg out there. His tackle on Lidstrom cost his team any chance of tying the game. Doan always was dumb as a bag of rocks and it was nice to see him prove it once again. Your opponent must actually have the puck if you want to hit him. I was surprised the refs called it even though it was obvious. He's gotten away with at least 5 other cheap shots in the first 2 games. It's times like this where I really miss Dallas Drake. A player who could take a run at Doan and knock his chicklets out. If anything, keep the other team honest and make them think twice about humping pant legs.

The playoffs are good for Bert. During the regular season he can keep his temper down, but in a series against the same team I have a feeling things might eventually boil over for him. He also played pretty well last night.

Guest Crymson

Switch Hank and Mule?

Break up an extremely successful scoring line? What?