• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 2 GDT: Red Wings 7 at Coyotes 4

Rate this topic

All goalies give up bad rebounds from time to time. Even the best goalies give up wide open chances. Its just the way the puck bounces. That is why these are 7 game series. It eliminates how a bad bounce can determine a series or a hot goalie can determine a series if he is only hot one game.

Watch this game in its entirety and count how many saves Howard has made where he has done as you said or covered it with no rebound. Do the same with Bryz. You will see both have given up their fair share of bad rebounds. The main difference here is that as a Wings fan, you only remember the bad things from your own goalie and see the good things from Bryz.

To blame every goal Howard has allowed on him is pretty harsh and inaccurate.

I don't blame every goal on Howard.

I said Howard has a tendency to give up bad rebounds, and make bad decisions with the puck. I have been saying this since he first became a Red Wing. It doesn't mean every goal he gives up is his fault, or a bad goal. But those problems have reared their head tonight. Take another look at the replay, and you'll notice my point regarding these particular issues on these particular goals. It's no different than Osgood having a shaky fivehole. Each goalie has their pros and cons, and they have their good nights and bad nights. Sometimes even they have good periods and bad periods. A goalie could be terrible for a period, and be the best he's ever been the next period.

And despite being a Wings fan, I do my best to try to remain unbiased with regards to player abilities in terms of overall skills and particular skill sets.

Guest Shoreline

Caught pinching again. There is officially no defense from both teams in this game. :lol: