• Please log in to reply
1142 replies to this topic

#1121 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,291 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:54 AM

Did you also notice Zetterbergs sick beard growth, he had nothing at puckdrop in the first game and now two days later a full beard.... insane.

Zetterberg was the 1st star tonight, his beard the 2nd.

#1122 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:33 AM

Zetterberg was the 1st star tonight, his beard the 2nd.

sigged

#1123 Littlest Caesar

Littlest Caesar

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:05 AM

No doubt 'Z' had that look that he wasn't going to be denied tonight. Such a smart player knowing how to pace himself when pushing to the net (i.e. his first and second goals) but did he ever crush a coyote (don't know who it was) right in front of the Wings bench. Babcock was right about lines 3 and 4, they really did a job tonight - love Miller's play along the boards - he wins most of his battles.

I foresee the same type of effort for games 3 and 4. It is fun to watch when they play like they did in periods 2 and 3 last night.

#1124 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:07 AM

Franzen has always been a streaky player. He runs off confidence, no way you can take him off the first line. He's not playing horribly, the puck just isn't finding him in the offensive zone.

He'll score 4 goals in 2 games soon, just how he is.

I agree. He was a bit of a slug tonight, but he'll get it going. It might have gotten lost in that torrent of goals in the second, but he did make a sick backhand pass right onto Pavel's tape for the goal, and that was no mean feat. As soon as he gets his snipe on the Wings will really be rolling.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#1125 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:25 AM

Wow, what a game! I thought the second period the score was going to be like 10 to 10 at the rate that was going. This is a huge win for us and I can see us taking the series for sure now.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#1126 ACE

ACE

Jr. Prospect

• 23 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:33 AM

Great win nice to see Hanks line pick it up , I thought after the first pentaly to Bert he played a great game showed alot of desire and determination and played a tough style of hockey :clap: just what this team needed along with adding Abby to the lineup .I also liked the way Draps played he got under their skin and was a big reason Abby got the break on his goal.Great win you need to compete not float to win in the playoffs and thats just what the Wings did last night. :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: LIGHT EM UP AGAIN ON SUNDAY :siren: :siren:

#1127 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:09 AM

It's been two games. Two games where the Wings have been forced to adapt their game based on lack of home ice and a team that is basically competing on adrenaline.

Babcock isn't going to panic with line changes. He will juggle them around, but he isn't going to panic just because Franzen hasn't been dominant yet (especially since they scored 7 goals tonight).

I'm not saying bench him, just shuffle him around a bit. I'd do the same with Bert if he starts being a passenger. We need these big guys to play like big guys, period or we won't go that deep. So if I'm Babcock, I try to coach the compete level of those 2 in particular. BTW, It's not like his lackluster play just started with the playoffs.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#1128 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:30 AM

Huge win last night and the top two lines were very good. Nice to see putting Abdy in paid off as well.

#1129 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:37 AM

Did you notice how someone said that the 2nd line isn't working and we should have Flip as 3rd line center to have more depth, and immediately they started scoring?
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#1130 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:54 AM

Switch Hank and Mule?
But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#1131 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:01 AM

Ahh yes I can go to game 3 with a tied series now. Feels goooood.

#1132 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:04 AM

WTF I got a power failure just when 1st period ended and just hours ago got the power back on, what a sickf****** game.... I really didn't like how they got a goal back so short after all the time, Howard wasn't as sharp as one would like... The offense I liked though, can't complain

btw... SHANE DOAN IS A MORON

It's funny how people just noticed this when he acted the same way in game 1. However because it was a winning effort he was heralded as a player with such emotion.

Posted Image

#1133 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:18 AM

Helm's line still looks somewhat nervous out there. Patience with the Mule, although he didn't score tonight he had a sick feed to Datsyuk for his goal, and looked to show a little more urgency out there. Its only a matter of time I think till the Mule is at full strength. Great game for the 2nd line though, Flip and Bert really suprised me with their play. I hadn't see Bertuzzi get that angry in a long time.

#1134 RedWingsFanatic

RedWingsFanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:28 AM

Game 2 thoughts:

Hockeytown Happenings: Game 2 Recap
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time."
-Mickey Redmond

#1135 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:15 PM

That "1" looks good up there :)

Yeah, Matt! It's beeeeeeauuuutiful! :thumbup:

Skilled BIG players that play on the perimeter need to be sent a message. You will get more goals out of Cleary if he crashes the net, then Franzen figure skating. Williams and Abby are a major case in point.

Don't get me wrong, I have been one of Cleary's biggest critics all year, but Franzen has just about disappeared and this is supposed to be his time.

I agree - at least for the first two periods. But I believe Franzen made a pass that scored a goal. So I'm not about to dump him anywhere yet.

WTF I got a power failure just when 1st period ended and just hours ago got the power back on, what a sickf****** game.... I really didn't like how they got a goal back so short after all the time, Howard wasn't as sharp as one would like... The offense I liked though, can't complain

btw... SHANE DOAN IS A MORON

And then he whined to the refs after the game about his penalty. Which pretty much proves your point.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1136 ltgator333

ltgator333

Combustion on Contact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:20 PM

It almost appeared as if they were playing 'possum in the first 20, I didn't think it was as bad as I was reading on here (caught up with it on the DVR, skipped ALL the commercials..) but they were playing at a level that was just barely equal to the opposition.

After they got their legs going in the second, it seemed as if for periods of time they were just putting the dogs to shame. To be fair, Jimmy did bail them out a few times.

Any time you score seven goals against a team in the playoffs, that's sending a message. Unless they score 9.
- LT

#1137 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:09 PM

Doan is like a dog humping a pant leg out there. His tackle on Lidstrom cost his team any chance of tying the game. Doan always was dumb as a bag of rocks and it was nice to see him prove it once again. Your opponent must actually have the puck if you want to hit him. I was surprised the refs called it even though it was obvious. He's gotten away with at least 5 other cheap shots in the first 2 games. It's times like this where I really miss Dallas Drake. A player who could take a run at Doan and knock his chicklets out. If anything, keep the other team honest and make them think twice about humping pant legs.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#1138 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:38 PM

The playoffs are good for Bert. During the regular season he can keep his temper down, but in a series against the same team I have a feeling things might eventually boil over for him. He also played pretty well last night.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1139 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,160 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

I hope Jovanovski pisses Bertuzzi off enough to make him play angry again.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1140 revnic

revnic

Rookie

• Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:42 PM

Posted Image