• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kmac

McCarty on Vs....what happened?

Rate this topic

I was watching Pitt and Ottawa on VS and I was looking forward to hearing Darren McCarty with the VS guys after the first period. They teased it, promised us DMac's commentary...and then when they cut to the intermission commentary, the announcers were laughing and joking about McCarty not being available and sending him to the penalty box. Any idea what happened? I love Mac and want the best for him and my worst nightmare would be that he showed up drunk to work and they wouldn't let him on air. Anybody hear any more on this?

sorry if I sound like a nancy-boy about this, but Mac is kind of a hero of mine because I know what its like to deal with addiction issues in life. I want him to be okay, because I can (somewhat) relate to what he deals with and, yes, when something like that happens unexpectedly I worry that something bad is going on, because I have been there. And yes, I am more focused on the Wings winning tonight, I just watched VS to kill time before the game, was just curious and nervous...

He's in the trunk of Claude Lemiuex's car right now most likely.

If so, we don't need to worry. Mac will be able to punch his way out. I can't imagine Claude's car is any braver in a fight than Claude is.

Edited by Jenny

LMAO!!! THAT is freaking rad. God, wouldn't it be great if somebody sent him that with a bow tied around it?

Well, whaddya know, I was watching the FSD feed tonight, and I was kinda bummed that I was going to miss D-Mac on VS., but I guess I didn't. I hope it's not a big deal...like Zetts said, if it was serious, I doubt they'd joke about it. Maybe he just had to pee really bad right then, lol.

:huh: What IS true? I'm praying for him right now.

I didn't say it was a "problem" for him again or anything like that, but he does still enjoy the 'ginger ale', as Mickey would say. Nothing wrong with that as long as he's put those demons fully behind him.

I didn't say it was a "problem" for him again or anything like that, but he does still enjoy the 'ginger ale', as Mickey would say. Nothing wrong with that as long as he's put those demons fully behind him.

Thanks for the clarification, Matt. But speaking as a twelve-stepper myself, I haven't put anything behind me if I take even one more drink. Millions have learned the hard way that if you are truly addicted, there's no such thing as being able to drink moderately.

Guest scottj

lol i remember goin to court ordered na meetings n tellin them i don't actually have a problem n one guy was like "you sure? i think you have a problem."... all this after me sitting at the table for 5 minutes not saying a word until i explained my situation (arrested with MARIJUANA!!!!!!!!!)

sorry, off topic but it still bugs me... like f***, seriously?

Millions have learned the hard way that if you are truly addicted, there's no such thing as being able to drink moderately.

i don't think enough people really understand that. i see"tagged" d-mac pictures on facebook all the time. they are usually him at a bar or a house party, and that is a slippery slope. i hope everything is good with d-mac. alcohol can be the devil for alot of people.

edit: link

Edited by soultrain