• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kmac

McCarty on Vs....what happened?

Rate this topic

I don't know what happened to him the other night but I do know for a fact he still is drinking and drinking heavily. I really hope this isn't the case but knowing the shape I saw him in a few months ago I wouldn't put it past him. Sad, very sad.

I don't know what happened to him the other night but I do know for a fact he still is drinking and drinking heavily. I really hope this isn't the case but knowing the shape I saw him in a few months ago I wouldn't put it past him. Sad, very sad.

A couple years ago the story was that he lost his way but eventually became sober and valued nothing more than his sobriety. To hear that he's potentially off the wagon adds a kind of, "Nope, just kidding" ending to that story, which is common with alcoholics but still frustrating.

I wouldn't worry about it, he was an analyst on the NHL Networks NHL on the Fly, so I'm sure it wasn't a bad thing... if anything I would guess whoever was tapped to be the analyst on the night for NHL on the Fly had something come up and Darren covered for him, thus pulling him off the VS broadcast, as they already had other analysts to fill that show...

Edited by stevkrause

I was watching Pitt and Ottawa on VS and I was looking forward to hearing Darren McCarty with the VS guys after the first period. They teased it, promised us DMac's commentary...and then when they cut to the intermission commentary, the announcers were laughing and joking about McCarty not being available and sending him to the penalty box. Any idea what happened? I love Mac and want the best for him and my worst nightmare would be that he showed up drunk to work and they wouldn't let him on air. Anybody hear any more on this?

Don't worry, they wouldn't have been laughing and joking about him if he had had a serious problem. He probably was in the bathroom or stuck in traffic or something, which would be laugh worthy. Or, like Stevkraus noted, maybe he got called over to a different broadcast or some other job, some kind of "promotion" and they were making fun of him for bailing on them.

Edited by VM1138

Good on MAC for saying the "fight" at the end of the Buffalo Boston game wasn't even a fight and no one should be suspended, then pointing out a better example of an instigated fight at the end of a game by showing Malkin going after Z last year. Of course, he's probably just some conspiracy theorist a-hole that doesn't know anything about hockey. :rolleyes:

esteef

Guest scottj

Or he didn't genuflect as he passed the Cindy statue in the studio.

hahahaha

Glad to see him back last night! I was watching the FS-D feed, but I recorded the VS one too, just in case something screwy happened, and I'm glad I did since he was back again. I wish they'd have him on there permanently...Engblom always gets off on one of his "this is serious business" type of rants, and it's nice to have McCarty there to lighten the mood a little. Thank God they don't have him (Engblom, I mean) and Milbury on the same show...