• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

Jordan Leopold is ended by Andy Sutton

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

What a thing of beauty.. do not ever take away those kind of hits from the nhl...

Guest mindfly

How do you not see the elbow to the back of the head? I'm gonna go against the grain here... That was one of the more dirtier plays I've seen in a while.

He didn't reach out with the elbow he kept it tight and close to the body and also he's 6'6 it's easy to hit with the elbow if you're tall and the other one is short

How do you not see the elbow to the back of the head? I'm gonna go against the grain here... That was one of the more dirtier plays I've seen in a while.

Im going to have to go against you on this one... sorry... Sutton kept the elbow tight to his body.... He made no attempt to reach out his elbow to make contact with Leopold's head.... If sutton was 4-5 inches shorter... that would have been all shoulder.... Sutton being the height he is could not avoid his elbow making contact with his head unless he totally avoids the hit completely.... Great no call... You cant start penalizing guys because of hits like that because of their height...

Guest Lidstromboli

seems pretty clean to me

he didn't elbow him in the back of the head. shoulder to shoulder hit, the way he was positioned did have his elbow behind Leopold but it doesn't appear that there was any real contact (if it did hit his head it would've been in the helmet). the angle also made the hit a bit weird and the landing didn't seem too pleasant

zy7uav.png

Edited by Lidstromboli

He didn't reach out with the elbow he kept it tight and close to the body and also he's 6'6 it's easy to hit with the elbow if you're tall and the other one is short

Yeah, just ask Chris Pronger. Oh wait, that's right. He leads with elbows.

Seriously though, I thought it was clean. Clean enough for a hit on a Penguin anyway.

Awesome,crushing hit. Loving it!

not even so much that he's short, but his head is practically in his feet. I don't like the hit BECAUSE a player got injured, but there's nothing wrong with it. You can take headshots out of the game as much as you want, but players have to smarten up and keep their head up. I sound like Cherry here, but it's the truth. Keep your head up when you're moving forward and you won't have to deal with these types of injuries.

/rant.

The thing that people don't realize about the elbows on these hits is the physics involved in them. When the players make contact the body stops moving forward, but the arms and elbows still have inertia and keep going. That's why it looks like the elbow is flying.

Great hit, and clean - but still scary. Any contact with the elbow comes from Leopold pushing the puck blindly, obviously. The way he ragdolled after the hit was frightening, though.

I am one to think that most every other hit that seems bad, I think it's fine. So that being said, I play hockey, and am a bigger guy. I make a hit like that (same body size ratio), I get thrown out of a high school varsity game.

I think that the fact that there was any head contact at all is enough to warrant suspension. I think that I think like a hockey player more than I do as just a fan.

I am surprised that NOTHING was called because of the team that got drilled.