• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

Jordan Leopold is ended by Andy Sutton

Rate this topic

I am surprised at the general consensus that Sutton's hit was clean when most members here disagreed with my assessment of Mike Richards' hit on David Booth as clean for the exact same reasons as are being stated here. Richards led with his shoulder, and hit Booth only because Booth basically skated headfirst into the hit. Same as Leopold/Sutton.

I am surprised at the general consensus that Sutton's hit was clean when most members here disagreed with my assessment of Mike Richards' hit on David Booth as clean for the exact same reasons as are being stated here. Richards led with his shoulder, and hit Booth only because Booth basically skated headfirst into the hit. Same as Leopold/Sutton.

I liked both hits. :cool:

How do you not see the elbow to the back of the head? I'm gonna go against the grain here... That was one of the more dirtier plays I've seen in a while.

The commentators had it right, no other place for his elbow than by his side. Nothing dirty about the hit at all "just a violent collision."

IMO, guy's elbows only came up on the follow-through (ala kronwall) and the leo just got decked because he didn't have his head up. glad to see he skated off under his own power: a stretcher is the worst thing you want to see in any pro sports game. but leo was wrong place wrong time against a bit body who had him lined up.

Richards elbow wasn't at his side... it also appeared to move very deliberately.

I think the biggest difference for me is what these plays look like at regular speed.

Could be more material for the "no hard elbow and shoulder pads" debate though.

Oh, and maybe not being along the boards just makes it look worse.

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Funny interview with Sutton and some reporter from Pittsburgh

God, that got my Saturday morning off and running.

That had the makings for a good 'Who's on first' routine. Hysterical.

Leopold needs to quit taking lessons from RJ. Clean hit IMO, elbow looked tucked in and he hit what was offered to him. No different then a good Kronwall hit.

It was good to see him get up and skate off under his own power.

Edited by softshoes

Guest screwdahawks

Entertaining hit. I'm truly surprised that there was no penalty or suspension called due to the team leopold plays for.

If it had been "THE FACE OF HOCKEY" on the receiving end of that hit there's a 99% chance of a penalty AND a suspension. Also the day is not over there could still be a suspension in the works. Betty is more than likely either begging or threatening Cambell at this very moment.

I am one to think that most every other hit that seems bad, I think it's fine. So that being said, I play hockey, and am a bigger guy. I make a hit like that (same body size ratio), I get thrown out of a high school varsity game.

I think that the fact that there was any head contact at all is enough to warrant suspension. I think that I think like a hockey player more than I do as just a fan.

I am surprised that NOTHING was called because of the team that got drilled.

I've koed a kid in hs hockey and not gotten thrown out, im not a big guy though, when i played this was what hitting was all about, head contact happens, you should never be penalized for it if it isn't premeditated

both were clean, richards got alot of shoulder

Sutton's hit was North/South.

Richard's was East/West.

Different types of hits.