• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

Jordan Leopold is ended by Andy Sutton

Rate this topic

What a thing of beauty.. do not ever take away those kind of hits from the nhl...

Your kind of a sick f*** aren't you mindfly? I don't know how you watch that hit as a human being and not have your stomach churn a bit. But hey, gladiator on if thats your thing.

I am one to think that most every other hit that seems bad, I think it's fine. So that being said, I play hockey, and am a bigger guy. I make a hit like that (same body size ratio), I get thrown out of a high school varsity game.

I think that the fact that there was any head contact at all is enough to warrant suspension. I think that I think like a hockey player more than I do as just a fan.

I am surprised that NOTHING was called because of the team that got drilled.

Yup. Why is it an OK hit in the NHL to run heads? I've been watching hockey for a long time and this s*** didn't happen in the 70's and 80's because there was something called retribution if one chose to play that way. This crap is not good for the game. Hard hits are good. Head hits are bad. Unless of course you want to bring back fighting.

Edited by clutchngrab

How do you not see the elbow to the back of the head? I'm gonna go against the grain here... That was one of the more dirtier plays I've seen in a while.

i agree i hate the pens as much as anyone here but the elbow was up! the sad part is that he probably woulda been just as hurt without the elbow lol so i wonder now if he will get suspended

I've koed a kid in hs hockey and not gotten thrown out, im not a big guy though, when i played this was what hitting was all about, head contact happens, you should never be penalized for it if it isn't premeditated

both were clean, richards got alot of shoulder

That right there. That is exactly the arguement I have been waiting for. This is the best point that will be made in this thread. But, sadly, that is not the NHL we see everyday. That's not the league I play in. If you injure someone, SEE YA! But thank you, the fact that someone finally made that counter point made my day.

From Ottawa Citizen :

In fact, Clouston wants to see more of the same. From Sutton and others on his bench.

"It's a good hit," the coach said. "That's why he's here. We need him to do more of that. We need more guys to be physical. We never like to see a player hurt. By no means, you don't, but if you look at that play from four or five different angles, there's a lot of reasons why (Leopold) was in that position. Nick Foligno is giving back-side pressure, (Leopold) has his head down.

"Andy is a big man. He's 6-5. If you have your head down, it's going to be a target. It's not easy to avoid that."

Did Sutton hit him twice or something? The reason I ask is I can't figure out how anyone would think the first hit was a dirty hit. His elbow was at his side during contact and came up AFTER the hit. Unless being 6' 6" is illegal in hockey, he did nothing wrong. Out of curiousity's sake, what do you guys think Sutton should have done? Crouch down since Leo wasn't paying attention? Utterly ridiculous.

Did Sutton hit him twice or something? The reason I ask is I can't figure out how anyone would think the first hit was a dirty hit. His elbow was at his side during contact and came up AFTER the hit. Unless being 6' 6" is illegal in hockey, he did nothing wrong. Out of curiousity's sake, what do you guys think Sutton should have done? Crouch down since Leo wasn't paying attention? Utterly ridiculous.

Looks worse than what it was. I saw zero intent of whacking him with the elbows or anything like that. Bottom line is Leopold needed to keep his head up.

The reason some people wanted a penalty/suspension is becuase a Penguins player got knocked down.Best thing is he stood right up to the reporter.Pittsburgh doesn't rule this league.I really respect Sutton for not letting some ******* reporter tell him what happened. :thumbup:

Yup. Why is it an OK hit in the NHL to run heads? I've been watching hockey for a long time and this s*** didn't happen in the 70's and 80's because there was something called retribution if one chose to play that way. This crap is not good for the game. Hard hits are good. Head hits are bad. Unless of course you want to bring back fighting.

Players are bigger. Players are stronger. The game is faster. The pads are harder.

There is no way you can compare the two time periods when it comes to hitting. Things have changed, and it makes things more dangerous for the players because of that.

Why did his elbow only make contact and not the body? Sorry, I love these kinds of hits but I think this one is borderline, upon review. At game speed? Good hit. If we are going to review in slow motion? Ehhh...maybe.

Beauty of a hit, probably states evidence #1 of reasons why pads should be softened, and definitely a great training tool.

On how to hit, and how not to get hit.

Sutton was text book, well right up until he went through the Sin Bin Door. (BTW what was up with the doors at that game, two or three times players went through them. ONe I think the Zamboni guys opened on the Sens player.

Leopold, as much as you hate to blame a guy when he gets hurt, was at fault. Sure the back check was on, but from the minute he left his own zone until he went to sleep he was looking at the puck, hockey is not the game for you if you have to focus really hard on one object at a time. As there are usually 5 objects looking to take you away from the puck.