* * * * * 4 votes

Jordan Leopold is ended by Andy Sutton

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)

Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:32 AM

Entertaining hit. I'm truly surprised that there was no penalty or suspension called due to the team leopold plays for.

If it had been "THE FACE OF HOCKEY" on the receiving end of that hit there's a 99% chance of a penalty AND a suspension. Also the day is not over there could still be a suspension in the works. Betty is more than likely either begging or threatening Cambell at this very moment.

#42 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:38 AM

How do you not see the elbow to the back of the head? I'm gonna go against the grain here... That was one of the more dirtier plays I've seen in a while.

And that was your 1st game???
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#43 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:50 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmVdVJ1sRJI&feature=player_embedded

Funny interview with Sutton and some reporter from Pittsburgh

and the bad part is that idiot failed-English-major is probably a local hero to the inbreds in s***zburgh now.
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#44 Williams29fan

Williams29fan

THe NiCkeRS

• PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:14 PM

That hit was amazing! That interview was even more amazing! Andy Sutton just shot up in my awesome player book! :thumbup:

Edited by Williams29fan, 17 April 2010 - 12:14 PM.

#45 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:56 PM

Hit looked worse than what it turned out to be. Bottom line is, KEEP YOUR HEAD UP! ;)

And I :D at his interview as well!

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 17 April 2010 - 12:57 PM.

#46 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:12 PM

I am one to think that most every other hit that seems bad, I think it's fine. So that being said, I play hockey, and am a bigger guy. I make a hit like that (same body size ratio), I get thrown out of a high school varsity game.

I think that the fact that there was any head contact at all is enough to warrant suspension. I think that I think like a hockey player more than I do as just a fan.

I am surprised that NOTHING was called because of the team that got drilled.

I've koed a kid in hs hockey and not gotten thrown out, im not a big guy though, when i played this was what hitting was all about, head contact happens, you should never be penalized for it if it isn't premeditated

I am surprised at the general consensus that Sutton's hit was clean when most members here disagreed with my assessment of Mike Richards' hit on David Booth as clean for the exact same reasons as are being stated here. Richards led with his shoulder, and hit Booth only because Booth basically skated headfirst into the hit. Same as Leopold/Sutton.

both were clean, richards got alot of shoulder
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#47 WingNut 25

WingNut 25

Minister of Defense - Red Wings Nation West

• PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:12 PM

That reporter looked scared s***less!

#48 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:35 PM

he was lol
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#49 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:45 PM

I am surprised at the general consensus that Sutton's hit was clean when most members here disagreed with my assessment of Mike Richards' hit on David Booth as clean for the exact same reasons as are being stated here. Richards led with his shoulder, and hit Booth only because Booth basically skated headfirst into the hit. Same as Leopold/Sutton.

Sutton's hit was North/South.

Richard's was East/West.

Different types of hits.

Posted Image

#50 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:48 AM

Sutton's hit was North/South.

Richard's was East/West.

Different types of hits.

Agreed.Nothing wrong with the hit by Sutton at all.a good clean hard hockey hit.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#51 Rockitman

Rockitman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:48 AM

WOW gotta keep your head up LEO!?
C'mon Wings let's fly!!!

#52 TRD604

TRD604

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:17 AM

Are you an expert?

#53 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:21 AM

Are you an expert?

Are you telling me or asking me?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#54 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:32 AM

Keep your head up, kid. Guys come at you fast if your eyes are on your skates.

Seems to be a theme this year.

#55 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:30 AM

What a thing of beauty.. do not ever take away those kind of hits from the nhl...

Your kind of a sick f*** aren't you mindfly? I don't know how you watch that hit as a human being and not have your stomach churn a bit. But hey, gladiator on if thats your thing.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#56 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:36 AM

I am one to think that most every other hit that seems bad, I think it's fine. So that being said, I play hockey, and am a bigger guy. I make a hit like that (same body size ratio), I get thrown out of a high school varsity game.

I think that the fact that there was any head contact at all is enough to warrant suspension. I think that I think like a hockey player more than I do as just a fan.

I am surprised that NOTHING was called because of the team that got drilled.

Yup. Why is it an OK hit in the NHL to run heads? I've been watching hockey for a long time and this s*** didn't happen in the 70's and 80's because there was something called retribution if one chose to play that way. This crap is not good for the game. Hard hits are good. Head hits are bad. Unless of course you want to bring back fighting.

Edited by clutchngrab, 18 April 2010 - 02:49 AM.

Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#57 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:42 AM

Poor Leopold. He was concentrating on bringing the puck up fast and keeping it away from the Senator skating beside him (Foligno). Then suddenly this wall appears in front of him. Sutton timed it perfectly.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |

#58 hockeygods

hockeygods

TonySmith

• 32 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:15 AM

How do you not see the elbow to the back of the head? I'm gonna go against the grain here... That was one of the more dirtier plays I've seen in a while.

i agree i hate the pens as much as anyone here but the elbow was up! the sad part is that he probably woulda been just as hurt without the elbow lol so i wonder now if he will get suspended

#59 Real1

Real1

I Could Have Never Happened

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:18 AM

I've koed a kid in hs hockey and not gotten thrown out, im not a big guy though, when i played this was what hitting was all about, head contact happens, you should never be penalized for it if it isn't premeditated

both were clean, richards got alot of shoulder

That right there. That is exactly the arguement I have been waiting for. This is the best point that will be made in this thread. But, sadly, that is not the NHL we see everyday. That's not the league I play in. If you injure someone, SEE YA! But thank you, the fact that someone finally made that counter point made my day.

"the more you dream, the farther you get"

Like random things? Follow me on Twitter.

#60 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:26 AM

From Ottawa Citizen :

In fact, Clouston wants to see more of the same. From Sutton and others on his bench.

"It's a good hit," the coach said. "That's why he's here. We need him to do more of that. We need more guys to be physical. We never like to see a player hurt. By no means, you don't, but if you look at that play from four or five different angles, there's a lot of reasons why (Leopold) was in that position. Nick Foligno is giving back-side pressure, (Leopold) has his head down.

"Andy is a big man. He's 6-5. If you have your head down, it's going to be a target. It's not easy to avoid that."

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.