• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingAbner

So....San Jose is a different team....

Rate this topic

Hard to say.

It's difficult to gut a team that you know will finish first or second in the Conference every year. Most teams in the league would take that success in a heartbeat.

However, if they lose this series, they do need to dump at least 2 of their top 3 players, meaning Thornton, Nabokov and Marleau.

It may mean rebuilding their team, but if they're serious about the Stanley Cup, that's what they need to do, even if it means suffering in the short term.

Hard to say.

It's difficult to gut a team that you know will finish first or second in the Conference every year. Most teams in the league would take that success in a heartbeat.

However, if they lose this series, they do need to dump at least 2 of their top 3 players, meaning Thornton, Nabokov and Marleau.

It may mean rebuilding their team, but if they're serious about the Stanley Cup, that's what they need to do, even if it means suffering in the short term.

Agreed--but who takes them? I think most teams would know San Jose needs to shake it up, and may try to get a steal....or....if they can make a move, those salaries (save Marleau--isn't he a UFA?) would be unmovable given that Thornton is the Phantom of the Postseason and Nabokov is setting a new standard for being a penny-slug goalie.

Adminantly they seem more unlucky than terrible, granted Nabakov has dropped the ball big time, though they were also robbed of a goal earlier.

Did I just hear correctly that he's given up 5 goals on 16 shots? This guy has Cheveldae written all over him.

The guy had a .250 save percentage in the 2nd period too.

Adminantly they seem more unlucky than terrible, granted Nabakov has dropped the ball big time, though they were also robbed of a goal earlier.

The guy had a .250 save percentage in the 2nd period too.

Wow, I haven't seen you around here in a while.

I miss seeing that "odd" avatar that you used to have.

San Jose is like Washington. They are built for the regular season. Teams like Detroit, Pittsburgh, New Jersey, Nashville, Ducks are built for the postseason if they make it.

Marleau would be the guy I'd figure would be out.

Nabokov will be the goat and the sacrificial lamb if they go down 0-2 and end up losing this series. Look for him to go somewhere like Atlanta. I could easily see Thornton shipped back to the East, possibly to Toronto. If Marleau's a UFA, he's probably as good as gone too. Think they might try and do a pseudo-rebuild around Heatley, though they really need to find someone for between the pipes. Maybe one of the extra goaltenders from the Isles? I don't think McClellan's job will be in any danger; he's a good coach, just has a bunch of postseason chokers on the ice.

Geeze. They really squeaked that win out. I really don't think that was enough to "spark" them. I really think that Nabakov lost a lot of confidence after his performance in that game.

Down 0-2, I think the Sharks might have folded. I just looked at last year's results and they lost the first two games to Anaheim. This year, I don't know if Colorado has enough to beat them.

The Sharks have a habit of losing games where they outshoot the opponent, but it's not like they're just taking weak, perimeter shots or something. They're getting tons of scoring chances.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I've said it once, I'll say it again, Nabokov is the most overated player/goalie in the NHL.