17 replies to this topic

#1 commadore183

commadore183

Versus televised America's last nuclear bomb test

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:36 PM

From The Tennessean

Nashville Predators owners turned over newly signed personal guaranty contracts to the city at Friday's meeting of the Sports Authority.

The new agreements, which were put in place to cure a potential default incurred by lead owner David Freeman, will keep the hockey team in Nashville until at least 2012. Freeman was not required to sign a new contract.

Mike Illich does not care about Detroit. Boycott 2013 Winter Cla$$ic.
Skilled hockey is, and will forever be, winning hockey. Deal with it.
"A perfect vision, some simple ways to let you know
Free range humans all couped up naked clone is playing lame" Avon by Queens of the Stone Age

#2 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:38 PM

For some reason all I get out of that is were here till we find a more suitable home
HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#3 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:59 PM

It seems to me that it's not really a good sign for the long-term existence of a team in that city if they have to keep signing agreements to stay there.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#4 Rockitman

Rockitman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:17 PM

It seems to me that it's not really a good sign for the long-term existence of a team in that city if they have to keep signing agreements to stay there.

Bettman should contract back to about 22 teams, The league is just to watered down with all these teams in places that cannot sustain interest in the sport unless they are in the playoffs! The whole thing with Bettman and the NHL running the Coyotes right now is an utter joke!
C'mon Wings let's fly!!!

#5 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:44 PM

Teams like St. Louis, Colorado and Calgary (and probably Chicago) come and go in terms of competitiveness. Nashville is ALWAYS a pain in the ass. I've always liked the way that franchise handles business. I hope they stay in Nashville for a long time.

#6 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:00 PM

loking forward to seeing more of badaboum in the near future.

#7 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

Agreed. I also like how easy they make it for me to go see the Wings. 3 hours away. Nice.

Teams like St. Louis, Colorado and Calgary (and probably Chicago) come and go in terms of competitiveness. Nashville is ALWAYS a pain in the ass. I've always liked the way that franchise handles business. I hope they stay in Nashville for a long time.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#8 WingNut 25

WingNut 25

Minister of Defense - Red Wings Nation West

• PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:05 PM

My best friend lives in Nashville and I got to games when I go out and visit. I hope they stay.

#9 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,817 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:07 PM

I can't wait till the Wings move to the East.

Then we can play teams in the playoffs who have actual knowledgeable hockey fans.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#10 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:16 AM

I can't wait till the Wings move to the East.

Then we can play teams in the playoffs who have actual knowledgeable hockey fans.

You mean you DONT like Ducks fans?!?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#11 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:20 AM

As if we don't hear the C-Word on this forum enough.

#12 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:36 AM

This.

Other than Tootoo, I like their organization. I like that they've been willing to keep their coach for such a lengthy period, which rarely happens in sports at all. The one time I drove up to Nashville for a game, even though it was the 8-0 game they got clobbered in, I enjoyed the atmosphere and the area.

#13 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:45 AM

I agree, good for them, I hate the little bastards but I respect the hell out of them. I hope they beat the hawks, which i have them and colorado as my upset picks so i'm sure they will.

#14 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:24 AM

Well said.
*this space for rent*

#15 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:27 AM

Out of all the expansion teams and teams in poor hockey markets, I've always hoped that Nashville would pull away from all the stigma associated with it. They run a tight ship down there.

#16 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,817 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:32 AM

You mean you DONT like Ducks fans?!?

No. When did I say otherwise?

Wow, some idiots actually lowered my rep for saying the truth. I never said I like Ducks fans. What fans? Only one I know is DuckGuy and he's alright, but the rest of their fans I could care less about.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 18 April 2010 - 12:36 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#17 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,012 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:31 PM

Out of all the expansion teams and teams in poor hockey markets, I've always hoped that Nashville would pull away from all the stigma associated with it. They run a tight ship down there.

Agreed. They've managed to put together a competitive team with relative little resources. I think the Preds are always at or near the bottom in terms of payroll spending. Trotz is a good coach and makes a team that's a pain in the ass to play against.

As for the market, I don't know. The Predators have about as sweetheart of a deal as an expansion team could hope for, and they still can't seem to turn a profit. Time will tell I guess.

#18 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:12 PM

Don't mistake this for saying anything nice about Nashville, but it's pretty simple as far as keeping the franchise there -- is it profitable? IIRC when pushed with the prospect of losing their team the fans put more asses in the seats than what was required, otherwise the owners could have broken their agreement with the city. So for the time being, the fans have earned their team being there. Nashville still sucks though, and has a rather annoying fanbase with an inferiority complex that needs to chant a rival division team sucks more than cheer their own team on.