• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
commadore183

Predators sign on to stay in Nashville until at least 2012

Rate this topic

From The Tennessean

Nashville Predators owners turned over newly signed personal guaranty contracts to the city at Friday's meeting of the Sports Authority.

The new agreements, which were put in place to cure a potential default incurred by lead owner David Freeman, will keep the hockey team in Nashville until at least 2012. Freeman was not required to sign a new contract.

It seems to me that it's not really a good sign for the long-term existence of a team in that city if they have to keep signing agreements to stay there.

Bettman should contract back to about 22 teams, The league is just to watered down with all these teams in places that cannot sustain interest in the sport unless they are in the playoffs! The whole thing with Bettman and the NHL running the Coyotes right now is an utter joke!

Agreed. I also like how easy they make it for me to go see the Wings. 3 hours away. Nice.

Teams like St. Louis, Colorado and Calgary (and probably Chicago) come and go in terms of competitiveness. Nashville is ALWAYS a pain in the ass. I've always liked the way that franchise handles business. I hope they stay in Nashville for a long time.

Teams like St. Louis, Colorado and Calgary (and probably Chicago) come and go in terms of competitiveness. Nashville is ALWAYS a pain in the ass. I've always liked the way that franchise handles business. I hope they stay in Nashville for a long time.

This.

Other than Tootoo, I like their organization. I like that they've been willing to keep their coach for such a lengthy period, which rarely happens in sports at all. The one time I drove up to Nashville for a game, even though it was the 8-0 game they got clobbered in, I enjoyed the atmosphere and the area.

I agree, good for them, I hate the little bastards but I respect the hell out of them. I hope they beat the hawks, which i have them and colorado as my upset picks so i'm sure they will.

Well said.

You mean you DONT like Ducks fans?!?

No. When did I say otherwise?

Wow, some idiots actually lowered my rep for saying the truth. I never said I like Ducks fans. What fans? Only one I know is DuckGuy and he's alright, but the rest of their fans I could care less about.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Out of all the expansion teams and teams in poor hockey markets, I've always hoped that Nashville would pull away from all the stigma associated with it. They run a tight ship down there.

Agreed. They've managed to put together a competitive team with relative little resources. I think the Preds are always at or near the bottom in terms of payroll spending. Trotz is a good coach and makes a team that's a pain in the ass to play against.

As for the market, I don't know. The Predators have about as sweetheart of a deal as an expansion team could hope for, and they still can't seem to turn a profit. Time will tell I guess.

Guest Shoreline

Don't mistake this for saying anything nice about Nashville, but it's pretty simple as far as keeping the franchise there -- is it profitable? IIRC when pushed with the prospect of losing their team the fans put more asses in the seats than what was required, otherwise the owners could have broken their agreement with the city. So for the time being, the fans have earned their team being there. Nashville still sucks though, and has a rather annoying fanbase with an inferiority complex that needs to chant a rival division team sucks more than cheer their own team on.