• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

#1 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:22 PM

Jiri Hudler has been released from Moscow Dynamo, reports @dchesnokov DC knows his stuff

http://twitter.com/JeffMarek

#2 Rockitman

Rockitman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:24 PM

http://twitter.com/JeffMarek

Great news hopefully #26 will be wearing the winged wheel again next season!!!
C'mon Wings let's fly!!!

#3 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:29 PM

Does this clear him from every KHL commitment? What does this mean for his transfer card?

#4 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:31 PM

Why? That's the 1st thing that comes to my mind.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#5 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:35 PM

skittles

Posted Image

#6 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:39 PM

He will be if he ever wants to play hockey again, the sad part for him is that his probably going to get less then what he probably was going to get before he left to Russia.

#7 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:47 PM

He will be if he ever wants to play hockey again, the sad part for him is that his probably going to get less then what he probably was going to get before he left to Russia.

He's already got a contract here.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

#8 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:51 PM

He's already got a contract here.

Correct. 2 years at $5.75m.

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#9 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:00 PM

Not that I necessarily want to trade Hudler away or anything like that. I'm just curious. What could the Wings realistically get for him in the trade market?

Again I'm not really for or against trading Hudler right now. I'm just wondering what the Wings could potentially get for him. I'm one of the bigger Filppula slappies on LGW and I was still curious what the Wings could get for him.

#10 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:07 PM

Yay, I hope we see little Huds next year.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 NBCnothingbutcrosby

NBCnothingbutcrosby

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Get rid of the slow skating, traitor, money hungry midget. He turned his back on the organization for money... trade his ass, he isn't worth nearly 3mill a year anyway.
Not now chief, I'm in the zone.

#12 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Not that I necessarily want to trade Hudler away or anything like that. I'm just curious. What could the Wings realistically get for him in the trade market?

i would assume they couldn't get much other than a draft pick or 2 until he started producing in the nhl again. if they were to trade him it would probably be at the deadline after everyone has seen how he is playing. saying that, i don't think they would move the little guy...he is a red wing.

#13 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:10 PM

Again I'm not really for or against trading Hudler right now. I'm just wondering what the Wings could potentially get for him. I'm one of the bigger Filppula slappies on LGW and I was still curious what the Wings could get for him.

They could get some talent for him, I'm sure. Hudler has proven he can score. Obviously weaker teams would want him but I see no reason for the Wings to trade him. We need him.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Hudler-Zetterberg/Filppula

I like that lineup.

The bottom 6 will need to be arranged. I didn't want to list them because I'm not sure what combination to use but I see these guys returning (obviously): Helm, Miller, Eaves, Abdelkader. Draper could return, Maltby could return, who knows.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#14 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:16 PM

Martin St.Louis has made it known that he wants outta Tampa...Dunno if they'd want Hudler, but you can bet I'd love to see St.Louis wearing the Winged Wheel!

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#15 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:40 PM

Martin St.Louis has made it known that he wants outta Tampa...Dunno if they'd want Hudler, but you can bet I'd love to see St.Louis wearing the Winged Wheel!

Wings can't afford his contract.

Posted Image

#16 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:23 AM

Wings can't afford his contract.

St.Louis' cap hit is $5.25 million - although he's slated to make $4 million for the 2010/2011 season...Forgive my ignorance, but would the team that trades for him have a cap hit of $5.25, or $4 million :blush:

I honestly think we could afford him - although it would take a few UFA players to take less (if they were to re-sign Lidstrom, Lilja, Holmstrom, etc, etc), and of course there's the possibility of 1 of our players from our current roster (other than Hudler) would be a part of the trade (more cap space).

I don't think it'll happen; my guess is Holland is looking to re-sign guys that currently playing for us, and he'd hate to give away players/picks for a guy who could walk after 1 season.

#17 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:26 AM

I'd take St. Louis over Hudler any day.St. Louis actually plays defense. :thumbup:
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#18 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:30 AM

I don't think it'll happen; my guess is Holland is looking to re-sign guys that currently playing for us, and he'd hate to give away players/picks for a guy who could walk after 1 season.

At this point, I just want Lidstrom to say he'll come back and worry about his cap hit later.

He definitely wasn't the only one who made mistakes on Doan's goal in game 2 but it's mistakes like those that make me fear that he thinks he can't enjoy the game anymore if he's prone to more mistakes in his game than usual. I'd still take a Lidstrom who has lost a step over anybody else to be the Wings #1 dman.

#19 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:37 AM

At this point, I just want Lidstrom to say he'll come back and worry about his cap hit later.

He definitely wasn't the only one who made mistakes on Doan's goal in game 2 but it's mistakes like those that make me fear that he thinks he can't enjoy the game anymore if he's prone to more mistakes in his game than usual. I'd still take a Lidstrom who has lost a step over anybody else to be the Wings #1 dman.

I'm not too worried about him retiring yet.I think he'll be back next year.I just really want to find a way to get rid of Brian Rafalski.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#20 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:41 AM

I'm not too worried about him retiring yet.I think he'll be back next year.I just really want to find a way to get rid of Brian Rafalski.

Dunno why many don't like Rafalski; he is/was a significant upgrade over Schneider, and IMO he's performed quite well since becomming a Red Wing - albeit a few mistakes here, and there.