• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Report: Hudler released from Moscow Dynamo

Rate this topic

Guest micah

No matter how you look at it, Jiri Hudler is a top6 forward in the NHL and definitely a good one too.

You could look at him as being not good enough for our 1st or 2nd line last year, not good enough to stay with his KHL team next year and not good enough to make the Olympics, that's another way.

Chara was statistically worse than Lidstrom that year. It was a case of Lidstrom having a sub-par first half and the media clinging to that as much as possible.

Chara was not better than Lidstrom last year.

If Hudler can get 57 points on the 3rd line I really don't care. The guy has proven he can hack it in the NHL and provide offense. He is going to play for the Wings next year and he is going to provide offense they need.

and that, i believe, is the real and ONLY point. everything else, be it dwarvism or where and how he scored his points or whether or not he's a traitor, is just fan-to-fan dick measuring. he's coming back, he's being welcomed with open arms by his teammates and management. period. so can we please whine and complain about something currently relevant?

Guest micah

I hope he comes back next year, plays a complete 2-way physical game, scores 75 points, stays away from hookers and proves all his detractors wrong. That would be awesome.

You could look at him as being not good enough for our 1st or 2nd line last year, not good enough to stay with his KHL team next year and not good enough to make the Olympics, that's another way.

I prefer to look at him as being good enough to provide tons of value from whatever role he was slotted on two very good Red Wings teams, good enough to take all those Ruskies' money before coming back to a real hockey league, and laughing all the way to the bank with it while the Czech Olympic squad tanked to a non-medal finish, that's my way. :D

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

We had much better offense last year. You do remeber this guy, Marian Hossa?

Not too good to stay with the KHL team? He wants to come here. Dynamo is merging with MDV and his contract will end because of that. Has nothing to do with how good he is, but I'm pretty sure most teams in the KHL would want him.

I don't know what the Czech coach was thinking on that one. Although they have pretty good guys on offense and Hudler's not a 4th liner type. But look what happened to them. Ended up being 7th(?).

This thread is a good reminder that some people won't be happy with Hudler - or any other Wings pickup - unless he gets 200 penalty minutes and/or 100 points.

Right now, I'd take the 57 points he had last year in place of Williams and/or Bert. Phoenix is beating the Wings with speed. Hudler has that.

Mlive just kinda confirmed that hudler will return next season. Wahh hoo happy is coming back!

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2010/04/estranged_red_wings_forward_ji_6.html

:thumbup:

Although I'm probably in the minority here, I'm happy Hudler's coming back. I loved having him on the team and I will welcome him back to Detroit with open arms.

Chara has the last norris trophy taken from Nick Lidstrom so Chara proved he was the most dominant defenseman in the league. Hudler has yet to prove to Babcock he deserves more then third line minutes.

And yeah you can say he gets a licking and takes it and blah blah but when was the last time Hudler dished out a licking? You gotta be able to dish it out a bit in hockey. Small guys like Fleury and Terrible Ted were pretty feisty guys, Hudler isn't. Nor does Hudler have world class talent like a guy like St louis. He has below average speed, physicality and defensive awareness but is good on the PP. Thats about it.

I don't recall Hudler's ferocious back checking either.Good on the power play yes.Everything else not so much.Too one-dimensional.

I don't recall Hudler's ferocious back checking either.Good on the power play yes.Everything else not so much.Too one-dimensional.

Let's take a look at forwards who have played so far in the playoffs, and who are better at some of the most important skills in hockey:

Skating: Datsyuk, Franzen, Zetterberg, Filppula, Helm, Miller, Cleary, Abdelkader, Draper, Eaves, Williams

Shooting: Datsyuk, Franzen, Zetterberg

Playmaking: Datsyuk

Puckhandling: Datsyuk, Zetterberg

Defense: Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula, Helm, Miller, Cleary, Abdelkader, Draper, Eaves

Despite how he compares to the team, Hudler is still above average in Skating and Defense, and as you would expect in the other three he ranks among the better players in the league.

Physicality is the only skill he really lacks, and that is simply a size issue. He is a feisty player, he simply doesn't have the size to be an Iginla or a Shanahan plowing through opposing defenses. If he possessed a 6-4, 230lb frame, he'd be the best player in the world.

I hope he comes back next year, plays a complete 2-way physical game, scores 75 points, stays away from hookers and proves all his detractors wrong. That would be awesome.

Hookers are so misunderstood.

Hudler in, Willie out. Whats to discuss? Other than trading someone for a legit top 4 defenceman?

Wasn't the much anticipated Igor Grigorenko pretty much gassed most of the training camp, and by no means ready for the NHL?

I have a hard time believing Jagr.

Tell ya what, go through a life threatening car accident where both of your legs are basically shattered, heal up to the point where you can actually play hockey again (after being given a 10% chance of LIVING) and see how well conditioned you are two or three years later compared to just before the accident.

Pav and Z should absolutely start next season on the same line; at least 15-20 games or until they go cold.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Hudler-Filppula-Franzen

Cleary-Abdelkader-Eaves

Ritola-Helm-Miller

Draper-Maltby

But bearing in mind Babs' strange stubborn obsession with keeping the Euro Twins apart I would hope to see something like this:

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Franzen

Cleary-Zetterberg-Filppula

Hudler-Helm-Eaves

Ritola-Abdelkader-Miller

Draper-Maltby

-The Datsyuk-Franzen pairing is a proven regular season hit.

-The Zetterberg-Filppula pairing is good as we all know

-Hudler worked well with Helm in the past; not so much with Z or Pav

-Ritola and Abdelkader are like best friends off the ice and it shows on the ice. These guys loved playing together and setting each other up for points in GR.

Guest Crymson

I don't want Hudler back. He has proven over the last nine months---with his nonsense during the summer and his affairs with prostitutes---that he's being less mature rather than the opposite.

Hookers are so misunderstood.

Hudler in, Willie out. Whats to discuss? Other than trading someone for a legit top 4 defenceman?

Bingo on the bolded.

Hudler isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread, and at the time with him and Samuelsson and Hossa leaving, the signing of Williams was a decent one to hopefully fill some respectable percentage of the goal scoring void. I think now though for Williams with him being scratched, the writing is on the wall that he might not be re-signed. Never say never until it actually happens, but he hasn't done enough to impress overall I think.

Who knew back then we'd be missing Hudler and Samuelsson as much in terms of goal scoring?

I don't want Hudler back. He has proven over the last nine months---with his nonsense during the summer and his affairs with prostitutes---that he's being less mature rather than the opposite.

More often than not, I'm all about giving people second chances in life if they do their time, are willing to learn from their mistakes, whatever. And I'm talking about doing stuff much worse than this. Never forget, but you have to move on in life sometime. Hudler seems to have? Wings management seems to have, people around him who he works with probably have as well. Why can't you?

If this is deterrent if/when he returns to Detroit, it will be handled properly. Until then, quit being so proud and let's give him his chance if he returns to the Wings.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

:clap:

You really hate the guy don't you? There are like three people having this rebellion against Hudler coming back and you're one of them, with these comments that have no actual value to the discussion. "Hudler is selfish!" "Hudler paid for hooker!" "Hudler is not North American!"

Comments that have nothing to do with what he does on the ice. I think the only reason you hate him is because he isn't a big NA goon.

Edited by Finnish Wing

Guest micah

You really hate the guy don't you? There are like three people having this rebellion against Hudler coming back and you're one of them, with these comments that have no actual value to the discussion. "Hudler is selfish!" "Hudler paid for hooker!" "Hudler is not North American!"

Comments that have nothing to do with what he does on the ice. I think the only reason you hate him is because he isn't a big NA goon.

1) Hudler is kinda selfish. He put his own wants ahead of the interest of the team he was with, the team I like.

2) It sounds like Huds did have a thing for hookers. Being that I know the kind of backgrounds most of these girls have, that's a pretty s***ty thing to do, even if they're asking for it. Prostitutes are human beings who are almost always in some sortof distress, and paying them to have sex with you is not how good men treat other human beings.

3) Who complained that he wasn't North American? I think you're making things up now.

You're right in that these things don't have anything to do with what he does on the ice - thankfully though, I'm not such a s***ty person that I only care about what my team's players are like on the ice. These are the Detroit Red Wings. I expect alot from the men who get a chance to play for them.

1) Hudler is kinda selfish. He put his own wants ahead of the interest of the team he was with, the team I like.

2) It sounds like Huds did have a thing for hookers. Being that I know the kind of backgrounds most of these girls have, that's a pretty s***ty thing to do, even if they're asking for it. Prostitutes are human beings who are almost always in some sortof distress, and paying them to have sex with you is not how good men treat other human beings.

3) Who complained that he wasn't North American? I think you're making things up now.

You're right in that these things don't have anything to do with what he does on the ice - thankfully though, I'm not such a s***ty person that I only care about what my team's players are like on the ice. These are the Detroit Red Wings. I expect alot from the men who get a chance to play for them.

I'm still waiting for some evidence of how Hudler is selfish. Because I think you're making thing up there. He does his job. He deserves to get paid for it. It was the same case with Sammy. I don't see him being selfish either.

About prostitutes. I believe the girls agree to do it themselves and get paid for it. I don't have a problem with that. Nice to see how you get all so sensitive considering you're the one who thinks players should be punished by punching them to face instead of suspensions.

He wants to be the star of the team and he ******* about getting 3rd line minutes.He's nothing but a distraction.Sure he'll put up 50 points.That's great.But we've been through this with him before and he proves to be a distraction.I never said he paid for hookers.I said he is selfish because Moscow threw more money at him so he bolted out of here and now he wants to come back becuase he had a s*** year in the KHL.The loyalty isn't there.He's just like Fedorov,he loves the team and the organization and the city until you throw just a little more money at him to go somewhere else and he's gone.

Thank you.good to know some there are a few people who aren't total disps***s in here.

He wants to be the star of the team and he ******* about getting 3rd line minutes.He's nothing but a distraction.Sure he'll put up 50 points.That's great.But we've been through this with him before and he proves to be a distraction.I never said he paid for hookers.I said he is selfish because Moscow threw more money at him so he bolted out of here and now he wants to come back becuase he had a s*** year in the KHL.The loyalty isn't there.He's just like Fedorov,he loves the team and the organization and the city until you throw just a little more money at him to go somewhere else and he's gone.

Where did he exactly said anything of wanting to be the "star of the team"? Who wouldn't WANT to play top line minutes. Better yet, if you know that you're an offensive player, don't you think it would help the team if you'd playing in an offensive role? I haven't seen him bitching about anything. Some evidence would be nice.

Nothing, but a distraction? OK. Why?

Put up 50 points? I think 57 points is rather 60 than 50 points. And he did that playing in the 3rd line.

Selfish? Again, is it selfish for getting the money you deserve? He's worth much more than 1.5m. Red Wings would be selfish if they wouldn't offer him more.

He is coming back because his contract ends, because the two teams are merging there. He is coming back because this organisation wants him. And as I said, I bet every team in the KHL would want him.

So you're dissing Fedorov now? Maybe because he isn't North American either? Again, the players do this for living. They deserve to be paid for it. And I think Fedorov has the right to end his career playing in his home country.

Edited by Finnish Wing

Actually it was his left femur, and left tibia that was fractured, and not both legs...It was the fat embolism that formed from his fractures that the Russian MDs gave Grigorenko a 10% chance of survival; had he been here in the States I'm certain he would've gotten a much better prognosis, and it was 4 years from the time of his accident to the time he was in the Red Wings summer camp.

What I was trying to convey was the fact that Jagr is full of it when he claimed KHL players are/were in better shape due to more rigorous practices.

Jagr was saying what he said mostly because there's a difference between Russia and the NHL in how the training process is structured. The KHL players are used to long pre-season training camp, which is designed to get them into game shape.

Also, they do much more actual physical training during the season (as opposite to NHL practices, that are more skill/tactics oriented). And their season is shorter. So they are probably fitter/less exausted in March than their NHL counterparts.

NHL players nowadays are expected to arrive for training camp already in/close to game shape. And they don't do as much weight/endurance training as the Russians during the season.

So when Grigorenko arrived to Detroit, he most likely expected to get in shape during the camp. He didn't expect everyone else to already be in shape, and so he couldn't keep up. I believe this was at least a part of the reason for his failure.