• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Report: Hudler released from Moscow Dynamo

Rate this topic

Guilty As Charged :cool:

well, at least we agree on one thing.

meanwhile, as you prep the ruler to see who's opinion has the bigger dick, i'll simply wash my hands of this retarded argument, and let you get all crosby about how right you are. cause you're right. in that reason and logic are the furthest things from your mind...

enjoy the discourse. i'm out of this one...

well, at least we agree on one thing.

meanwhile, as you prep the ruler to see who's opinion has the bigger dick, i'll simply wash my hands of this retarded argument, and let you get all crosby about how right you are. cause you're right. in that reason and logic are the furthest things from your mind...

enjoy the discourse. i'm out of this one...

Later ******.You know it all man.

How is Armstrong a better fit for this team?

We're not gonna resigng more than one of Bertuzzi, Williams and Holmstrom. Top6 guys we're going to have next season: Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Filppula, Bertuzzi/Williams/Holmstrom, X

Bottom6: Cleary, Helm, Draper, Abdelkader, Eaves, Miller

We already have enough bottom6 guys for next season. Of our top6 guys only two are better than Hudler offensively. Plus, three of them, Filppula, Zetterberg, Datsyuk are all good penalty killers too.

I fail to understand how Armstrong or any guy that brings us less offense and more defense for that same money could be a better option for this team. Armstrong has potential for +50, Hudler has potential for +70. Hudler is two years younger and has already played for this team and played under Babcock. You can hate all you want but I know which of them Babcock and Kenny want.

You just seriously don't get it.He's gonna be a 3rd line guy again.A linemate of his last year(Filppula)will be getting 2nd line minutes,therefore not playing with him.His ofense will be at the same level or less because of this.

How is Armstrong a better fit for this team?

We're not gonna resigng more than one of Bertuzzi, Williams and Holmstrom. Top6 guys we're going to have next season: Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Filppula, Bertuzzi/Williams/Holmstrom, X

Bottom6: Cleary, Helm, Draper, Abdelkader, Eaves, Miller

We already have enough bottom6 guys for next season. Of our top6 guys only two are better than Hudler offensively. Plus, three of them, Filppula, Zetterberg, Datsyuk are all good penalty killers too.

I fail to understand how Armstrong or any guy that brings us less offense and more defense for that same money could be a better option for this team. Armstrong has potential for +50, Hudler has potential for +70. Hudler is two years younger and has already played for this team and played under Babcock. You can hate all you want but I know which of them Babcock and Kenny want.

Like I said, a guy who brings 20 less points in the regular season, that can hit, fight and show up in the playoffs if nothing else but laying out bodies in the top 6 is much more important to a team then a 60 point getter that can't play in his own zone or be even slightly effective in the corners.

Think of it this way. We could trade Hudler for a couple prospects or draft picks, with that money sign Armstrong. Essentially youre trading Hudler for Armstrong and 2 prospects. Sounds good to me anyday.

Its obvious that Hudler can put up points. What he can't do is play defense or be physical which are integral parts of hockey. Detroit believes in solid two way play from all forwards, Hudler was the only one last season that couldn't play good defensively.

Dats and Z are still physical players, especially compared to Hudler.

Like I said, a guy who brings 20 less points in the regular season, that can hit, fight and show up in the playoffs if nothing else but laying out bodies in the top 6 is much more important to a team then a 60 point getter that can't play in his own zone or be even slightly effective in the corners.

Think of it this way. We could trade Hudler for a couple prospects or draft picks, with that money sign Armstrong. Essentially youre trading Hudler for Armstrong and 2 prospects. Sounds good to me anyday.

Its obvious that Hudler can put up points. What he can't do is play defense or be physical which are integral parts of hockey. Detroit believes in solid two way play from all forwards, Hudler was the only one last season that couldn't play good defensively.

Just don't even try explaining to them.they don't understand the fact that playoff hockey isn't for one-dimensional ballerinas.

How is Armstrong a better playoff player than Hudler? Haven't seen any concrete proof for that. Armstrong had almost 30 points this season while Hudler had almost 60 points last season. Armstrong had 40 points when playing with guys like Crosby and Kovalchuk. Hudler had 57 points when playing with last year's Filppula and last year's Samuelsson. So I think the difference is even bigger.

You really think Hudler is worse two-way forward than guys like Holmstrom, Bertuzzi, Maltby, Miller... Guys like Miller or Maltby can't provide offense. Two-way means both offense and defense.

Our team lacks more offense than defense. That's what you don't get.

Later ******.You know it all man.

You just seriously don't get it.He's gonna be a 3rd line guy again.A linemate of his last year(Filppula)will be getting 2nd line minutes,therefore not playing with him.His ofense will be at the same level or less because of this.

Err... wrong. Hudler will be a top6 forward next season, with better linemates than last season as Filppula is better than last season and Franzen is better than Samuelsson last season.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

A well-rounded TEAM.Not a one-dimensional TEAM.

I seriously doubt you truly believe that spending less than 3 million dollars on Hudler will make us a one-dimensional team.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I seriously doubt you truly believe that spending less than 3 million dollars on Hudler will make us a one-dimensional team.

It's like I said. We're lacking offense right now. Getting Armstrong will make our team even more defensive (=more one-dimensional). Getting Hudler will provide us with something that we are lacking (=less one-dimensional).

Armstrong>Hudler case closed.

Yes, I loved your great arguments in that case too. You explained them so well that I didn't have anything to say to defend Hudler. Have you thought about politics? Edited by Finnish Wing

Got it, but you don't get the point that he's not a huge offensive guy, what does he do in playoffs? Gets laid out to give the other team momentum and be too smalls and slow to make an impact. I would sacrifice 20 points in the regular season for a guy who will actually make an impact come playoff time. Hudler's 57 points doesn't mean s*** come playoffs.

Those 57 points would generally mean a higher seeding which can be very beneficial in the playoffs and also mean that the Wings don't have to ride their stars quite so hard (preemptive . . . that's what she said) which should lead to a better rested team come playoff time.

Edited by Frozen-Man

Colby Armstrong has had 0+1=1 points in 5 playoff games in his career, meaning 0.20 ppg.

Jiri Hudler has had 9+19=28 points in 51 playoff games in his career, meaning 0.55 ppg.

Hudler's has also ten times more playoff experience than Armstrong. Yet, somehow Armstrong is better playoff player. Weird.

LOL..

The BEST part of this thread is all the name calling, dick swinging bravado over nothing. LOL

Hudler is back. You're opinions, just like mine, mean nothing.

On that note, I'm willing to bet 5 bucks that the Wings do better next season than this one.

LOL..

The BEST part of this thread is all the name calling, dick swinging bravado over nothing. LOL

Hudler is back. You're opinions, just like mine, mean nothing.

On that note, I'm willing to bet 5 bucks that the Wings do better next season than this one.

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

and thats all i was trying to say before....somehow, this makes me a know-it-all. also, it makes me a "******" :zzz: . and they say creative thinking is dead...

thank you, 2guns, for reaffirming my faith in logic and reason.

:clap::clap:

Colby Armstrong has had 0+1=1 points in 5 playoff games in his career, meaning 0.20 ppg.

Jiri Hudler has had 9+19=28 points in 51 playoff games in his career, meaning 0.55 ppg.

Hudler's has also ten times more playoff experience than Armstrong. Yet, somehow Armstrong is better playoff player. Weird.

Hudler is invisible in the playoffs. Stats aren't everything. A guy like Colby Armstrong would be much more beneficial in the playoffs then Hudler. I guarantee you our team would be better off with 2 draft picks plus Colby Armstrong then just Hudler. I'm not saying I think this will happen but to think that this wouldn't make our team better is dumb. If you get rid of Hudler you free up basically 3 million or have about 3 million to spend after other guys come off the books and with 3 million you can get either a) a better offensive guy then Hudler who can play top 6 b) a strong 2 way guy like Armstrong who can hit and fight and will be noticeable come post season.

Hudler is invisible in the playoffs. Stats aren't everything. A guy like Colby Armstrong would be much more beneficial in the playoffs then Hudler. I guarantee you our team would be better off with 2 draft picks plus Colby Armstrong then just Hudler. I'm not saying I think this will happen but to think that this wouldn't make our team better is dumb. If you get rid of Hudler you free up basically 3 million or have about 3 million to spend after other guys come off the books and with 3 million you can get either a) a better offensive guy then Hudler who can play top 6 b) a strong 2 way guy like Armstrong who can hit and fight and will be noticeable come post season.

Dats has a .62 PPG in the playoffs

So by that logic

Armstrong>Datsyuk

Considering Kenny Holland has made a career out of regular season and playoff success, I'll take his opinion on the matter over some nobody who thinks a low scoring forward who is "physical" can do better than Jiri Hudler.

Jiri_Hudler_2008.jpg

Edited by Doc Holliday

Considering Kenny Holland has made a career out of regular season and playoff success, I'll take his opinion on the matter over some nobody who thinks a low scoring forward who is "physical" can do better than Jiri Hudler.

Jiri_Hudler_2008.jpg

How do you know what Kenny Holland thinks? He's loyal to the people he drafts. How do you know he doesn't think he would be better off signing armstrong and trading Hudler but just doesn't do it because he's loyal? Or how do you know he won't sign Armstrong? Just cause he hasn't yet, but you never know he might. I doubt he will but too say you know what Kenny thinks is done. What Kenny thinks and what Kenny does can be two different things.

How do you know what Kenny Holland thinks? He's loyal to the people he drafts. How do you know he doesn't think he would be better off signing armstrong and trading Hudler but just doesn't do it because he's loyal? Or how do you know he won't sign Armstrong? Just cause he hasn't yet, but you never know he might. I doubt he will but too say you know what Kenny thinks is done. What Kenny thinks and what Kenny does can be two different things.

Why would he bother dealing with the arbitration issue if he could get rid of him for draft picks? Oh that's right, because he understands that keeping players who know the system and were raised in the system is much better than bringing in some pluggers who can't even bring the same offensive game.

Kenny is going to take Hudler and neither Armstrong or Clarkson will be on the roster next season. You can book it here.

Edited by Doc Holliday

Why would he bother dealing with the arbitration issue if he could get rid of him for draft picks? Oh that's right, because he understands that keeping players who know the system and were raised in the system is much better than bringing in some pluggers who can't even bring the same offensive game.

Kenny is going to take Hudler and neither Armstrong or Clarkson will be on the roster next season. You can book it here.

I said that I didn't think they would be. What I said is that Armstrong would be better for this team. Detroit is moving away from 3 scoring lines and a 4th line and more into a 2 scoring line grind line 4th line team.

Hudler won't fit that system, because he isn't a top 6 player.

A pair of guys that are more rounded than Hudler.Hudler isn't gonna score 70.Get the f*** over yourself.Armstrong will score more than 30 points.

You're high if you think Armstrong can even hold a candle to Hudler offensively. I mean sure, Hudler can't touch Armstrong's Selke quality defensive play (lol) but then again Armstrong does fight, is known for dirty hits and takes selfish penalties due to a lack of discipline, so that's really what you were aiming at, right?

Because if there's one thing the play of the Wings taught us this year it's that we need more grinders and not more top 6 players. Right? :lol: I guess that's the benefit of leading the league in scoring like the Wings did this year.

I said that I didn't think they would be. What I said is that Armstrong would be better for this team. Detroit is moving away from 3 scoring lines and a 4th line and more into a 2 scoring line grind line 4th line team.

Based on?

Yeah-- Jiri Hudler, the guy who was drafted by the Detroit Red Wings and played for 4 years for them, won't fit in the Wings system.

Based on?

Well they're definitely not basing that off statistics. :lol:

I'm assuming you didn't watch the playoffs in 2008 because that's a retarded statement if you did.