• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Report: Hudler released from Moscow Dynamo

Rate this topic

Drake are you really expecting them to back up anything they are saying with anything that remotely resembles logic.

These are the guys saying a player who has never played in the Wings system is better suited than a guy that was already in the Wings system. And they are basing that off of the fact that said player scored fewer points while playing with superior talent than Hudler did.

See where I am going here, your logic is not working on them young Jedi!

Edit:

Oh oh oh, I forgot the main reason why he fits is he is NA and will fight, can't forget that, even though the Red Wings just had their worst season in about 19 years and showed a serious lack of scoring depth, what they really need is a guy willing to throw down!

Edited by Opie

Drake are you really expecting them to back up anything they are saying with anything that remotely resembles logic.

These are the guys saying a player who has never played in the Wings system is better suited than a guy that was already in the Wings system. And they are basing that off of the fact that said player scored fewer points while playing with superior talent than Hudler did.

See where I am going here, your logic is not working on them young Jedi!

I find it entertaining to continually challenge them with facts, reasoning and logic, though. The more they ignore this the more foolish they look.

I have no idea who this Armstrong guy is, but scoring near;y 60 points in pretty limited time in a season is quite impressive. And a post I read that Hudler is invisible in the playoffs is absurd. He's not the greatest thing since sliced bread but if he "disappears" in the playoffs, so do a lot of other NHLers in the postseason not named Zetterberg, Crosby, etc. Not wanting him on the team is one thing but don't sound like he is this awful player.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

It's going to be even more fun watching you squirm next season when Hudler disappears in the playoffs (again)

Didn't seem to disappear in the playoffs in 2008 when it counted most. Remember SCF game 4 perhaps? Had a respectable 2009 playoffs. Just two full playoff seasons so far and he's been solid.

Again, not saying he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, but if he underperforms, so do a majority of the NHLers with postseason experience. You are getting a wee bit ridiculous in undervaluing him.

Didn't seem to disappear in the playoffs in 2008 when it counted most. Remember SCF game 4 perhaps? Had a respectable 2009 playoffs. Just two full playoff seasons so far and he's been solid.

Again, not saying he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, but if he underperforms, so do a majority of the NHLers with postseason experience. You are getting a wee bit ridiculous in undervaluing him.

I just hope he works on his defensive game.Not a totally worthless player.Not an all star.imo he's just not what we're looking for tho.

I just hope he works on his defensive game.Not a totally worthless player.Not an all star.imo he's just not what we're looking for tho.

Sure he is. We have defensive players for the PK and late game situations. What we don't have is depth scoring.

:thumbup:

He's had 3 GWG in the last two playoff seasons. Hardly invisible.

Edited by MidMichSteve

Guest micah

I didn't see a lack of scoring as a big problem this year - with seemingly half our roster (mostly soft Euros) out with injuries (probably faking), the wings still scored at a better clip than the average team did.

On the plus side w/ Hudler, he did get into a fight this year. Granted it was with another soft Euro and was probably mostly slapping and hair-pulling, but it’s a start. Any indication that he is interested in becoming a complete player is a welcome one. I think Huds is gonna be the powerforward I've been clamoring for.

Here's hoping he comes back next year and has grown into a legitimate top-6 forard who can score, hit, fight and be defensively responsable. You don't have to excell at all of them but as long as you're willing and game and try your best at each, I like you. Welcome back, Huds!

Another example that we lack more offense than defense is the fact the we have a Selke nominee (winner last year) who isn't even playing on the PK. We also have Filppula and Zetterberg, both who arent among the top4 PK forwards. Then again, we have a guy like Dan Cleary who's obviously not a offensive forward playing on the PP and occasionally on top6.

Yes, the top6 needs also players who have size, but we already have Franzen and Holmstrom. Bertuzzi and Williams will probably be gone and Hudler fits there perfectly. We have the EuroTwins vol. 1 in Datsyuk-Zetterberg and EuroTwins vol. 2 in Filppula-Hudler.

I see no scenario where Armstrong or any armstrong-type player would be better fit for this team.

Also about the toughness thing and Hudler being "invicible" in the playoffs. The game is divided to offense and defense. Toughness can be part of both, but at the end only the result matters, not the way you do it. Many times players who are tougher get more points in the playoffs because the game style changes a bit and the refs don't make calls so easily. It's the result that matters and obviously when you look at the points Hudler has been ok or good in the playoffs in his role (3rd liner). Armstrong has no actual proof that he's better than Hudler in the playoffs.

I don't care if you score a goal by crashing the net or by deking the defender. It really doesn't matter to me. Obviously, for some guys here, style points matter more than the actual outcome.

Edited by Finnish Wing

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

It's going to be even more fun watching you squirm next season when Hudler disappears in the playoffs (again)

In '08 Hudler turned a line with Darren McCarty and Kris Draper into a scoring line.

Hudler has scored at a .50 PPG pace in the regular season and a .55 PPG pace in the playoffs... where scoring is down approximately 20%.

That is the exact opposite of someone "disappearing in the playoffs".

Where's all this "disappears in the playoffs" nonsense coming from. Hudler has 28 points in 51 playoff games which equates to .55 points per game. In the regular season Hudler has 127 points in 255 games which is .50 points per game. How is that disappearing?

I didn't see a lack of scoring as a big problem this year - with seemingly half our roster (mostly soft Euros) out with injuries (probably faking), the wings still scored at a better clip than the average team did.

On the plus side w/ Hudler, he did get into a fight this year. Granted it was with another soft Euro and was probably mostly slapping and hair-pulling, but it’s a start. Any indication that he is interested in becoming a complete player is a welcome one. I think Huds is gonna be the powerforward I've been clamoring for.

Here's hoping he comes back next year and has grown into a legitimate top-6 forard who can score, hit, fight and be defensively responsable. You don't have to excell at all of them but as long as you're willing and game and try your best at each, I like you. Welcome back, Huds!

He's probably as much of a power forward then Leino is. :rolleyes:

Guest micah

I honestly hope he's in great shape, has extra jump in them little legs, and scores 30 plus goals on 1 of the top 2 lines, plays with a little "edge", and proves me wrong in every aspect of the game that I questioned him in.

Me too. I didn't like Hudler much before because he was kinda cowardly and didn't play the body, even though at his height and weight he has the potential to be strong on his skates and play a complete game. I hope he comes back and impresses me by playing to his Stan Jonathan-esque potential:)

Later ******.You know it all man.

i only claimed to know two specific things:

1. hudler is coming back, and all your bitching about it won't change that.

2. you cannot be reasoned with.

neither of these things did you deny, and at least one you fully agreed with. so yes, i do know it all, in this respect. at least, i know and am unchallenged about the points which i posited. as for being a ******...i suppose i should be insulted, but i'm a grown up. i am, however, impressed by your spelling. way to go, gold star...

I find it entertaining to continually challenge them with facts, reasoning and logic, though. The more they ignore this the more foolish they look.

keep fighting the good fight, drake! your resoned arguments and logical conclusions are one of the many things that keep me coming back to wade through the muck and mayhem that is LGW...

final analysis here gang...he's coming back NEXT SEASON. until then, how about we focus on the task at hand, which is bitching about THIS playoff season? we're not gonna have williams to beat up on forever, you know...

Guest micah

He's probably as much of a power forward then Leino is.

Off topic, but on Leino. Does anyone know if he's hurt or is he just not good enough to play for Philly in the post-season? I mean, I no he's know Daniel Carcilo-esque superstar, but I'd think he'd be good enough to at least get a sniff of icetime in Philly. I know he played a little bit a month or so ago - did they conclude that he was too soft to be trusted with playoff duty?

Edited by micah