• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Report: Hudler released from Moscow Dynamo

Rate this topic

Off topic, but on Leino. does anyone know if he's hurt or is he just not good enough to play for Philly in the post-season? I mean, I no he's no Daniel Carcilo-esque superstar, but I'd think he'd be good enough to at least get a sniff of icetime in Philly. I know he played a little bit a month or so ago - did they conclude that he was too soft to be trusted with playoff duty?

if i had to hazard a guess, i'd bet on work ethic (or lack thereof) being the reason. same as it ever was...

Off topic, but on Leino. does anyone know if he's hurt or is he just not good enough to play for Philly in the post-season? I mean, I no he's no Daniel Carcilo-esque superstar, but I'd think he'd be good enough to at least get a sniff of icetime in Philly. I know he played a little bit a month or so ago - did they conclude that he was too soft to be trusted with playoff duty?

It was reported that he had a flu, but now he's been a healthy scratch. Laviolette said that he doesn't want to change his lineup, although many fans have said that they prefer to see Leino over Hartnell or Powe.

Patrick Kane lived with Verbeek some years ago, and by doing so he learned how to beat up 60 yr old cabbies :hehe: .....Maybe some of that spunk could rub off on Hudler?

I wouldn't call that kind of energy spunk but rather just being a ******.

Guest micah

In all seriousness though I'd love to see a guy like Hudler develope a few Verbeek like qualities.

Verbeek was certainly a fun guy to watch.

I doubt that Hudler has the drive to be as effective a player as Verbeek was - he'll never score like Verbeek did, he's not Captain material like Verbeek was, he won't be an all-star like Verbeek was, he'll likely never have a thumb ripped off then surgically reattatched durring his career (without missing a game) like Verbeek did, he won't log 19 years in the NHL, but he might still be okay if he just learn's to play with a bit of old Pat's sandpaper.

Edited by micah

Guest micah

Would that make Huds "Tiny Ball of Hate" then?

"Tiny Ball of Relative Apathetic Dislike".

Hudler doesn't seem to have Verbeek's passion.

Edited by micah

Verbeek was certainly a fun guy to watch.

I doubt that Hudler has the drive to be as effective a player as Verbeek was - he'll never score like Verbeek did, he's not Captain material like Verbeek was, he won't be an all-star like Verbeek was, he'll likely never have a thumb ripped off then surgically reattatched durring his career (without missing a game) like Verbeek did, he won't log 19 years in the NHL, but he might still be okay if he just learn's to play with a bit of old Pat's sandpaper.

Hudler has more skill than Verbeek did, just less opportunity. If he had Verbeek's physical game and muscle (Beeker had a bit more weight on him) then Huds would be putting up some sick numbers. Probably over a point per game and definitely All-Star worthy.

Hudler has more skill than Verbeek did, just less opportunity. If he had Verbeek's physical game and muscle (Beeker had a bit more weight on him) then Huds would be putting up some sick numbers. Probably over a point per game and definitely All-Star worthy.

Yeah but he doesn't have the muscle or the physical game at all. He doesn't even have a little bit of a physical game its non existent. Thats why he doesn't get a chance because he's too weak to play against top 2 lines. Its kinda like saying if Helm had Datsyuks hands he would score more. Fact of the matter is he doesn't.

Yeah but he doesn't have the muscle or the physical game at all. He doesn't even have a little bit of a physical game its non existent. Thats why he doesn't get a chance because he's too weak to play against top 2 lines. Its kinda like saying if Helm had Datsyuks hands he would score more. Fact of the matter is he doesn't.

Hudler has muscle, and he is willing and feisty enough to go into the corners and crash the net. People say he's a soft Euro because he's small and isn't overpowering, and doesn't lay big hits.

Seriously, watch some film. See how often you can find Hudler digging in the corners, screening the goalie, or crashing the net. He does it more than most players with his level of skill, despite his size disadvantage. Hudler is not a power forward, but he's one of the most skilled playmakers in the world, and has a very good shot. Take him for the ability he does have, instead of discarding him because he's not what the superstar power forward you wish he was.

Hudler has muscle, and he is willing and feisty enough to go into the corners and crash the net. People say he's a soft Euro because he's small and isn't overpowering, and doesn't lay big hits.

Seriously, watch some film. See how often you can find Hudler digging in the corners, screening the goalie, or crashing the net. He does it more than most players with his level of skill, despite his size disadvantage. Hudler is not a power forward, but he's one of the most skilled playmakers in the world, and has a very good shot. Take him for the ability he does have, instead of discarding him because he's not what the superstar power forward you wish he was.

He barely has muscle, or weight at least he gets pushed around like 90. It really isn't thought that counts though, Hudler isn't scared to go in corners but that doesn't mean he's even remotely effective in them. I'm not saying he's horrible, I'm saying there are guys that would be more effective and its true they would. He just isn't strong enough to do anything but play the PP well and play against other teams third lines.

Is there a single player in the NHL who would be better than Hudler if Hudler had his body?

I can think of a few. People seriously overrate Hudler.

I can think of a few. People seriously overrate Hudler.

You seriously underrate him, if you think a guy who put up 57 points isn't top6 material. And he even got most of them playing in the 3rd line. There were 69 guys who had more than 57 points last season and there are 180 (6x30) top6 forwards in the league. Hudler would have been in the first line in some teams as there were about 30 guys behind him who were still considered as 1st line forwards (3x30=90).

He gets to play with better linemates and in a bigger role next season so I say anything can happen. As I said before, it doesn't matter how you get your points. Hudler is easily one of the better top6 forwards in the league and could still be on the 1st line in some teams. That's a proven fact when looking at the point production.