291 replies to this topic

#261 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:49 AM

He's probably as much of a power forward then Leino is. :rolleyes:

Luckily there are no points given for style.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#262 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:51 AM

Luckily there are no points given for style.

huh? :huh:
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#263 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:52 AM

I honestly hope he's in great shape, has extra jump in them little legs, and scores 30 plus goals on 1 of the top 2 lines, plays with a little "edge", and proves me wrong in every aspect of the game that I questioned him in.

Me too. I didn't like Hudler much before because he was kinda cowardly and didn't play the body, even though at his height and weight he has the potential to be strong on his skates and play a complete game. I hope he comes back and impresses me by playing to his Stan Jonathan-esque potential:)
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#264 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:08 AM

huh? :huh:

Even if you have 0 hits it's the goals that count at the end, and it doesn't matter how you score them.

#265 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:12 AM

Even if you have 0 hits it's the goals that count at the end, and it doesn't matter how you score them.

Hitting is always a plus :thumbup:

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#266 deetroit dario

deetroit dario

i ride on two wheels, and they both have wings!

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:38 AM

Later ******.You know it all man.

i only claimed to know two specific things:
1. hudler is coming back, and all your bitching about it won't change that.
2. you cannot be reasoned with.
neither of these things did you deny, and at least one you fully agreed with. so yes, i do know it all, in this respect. at least, i know and am unchallenged about the points which i posited. as for being a ******...i suppose i should be insulted, but i'm a grown up. i am, however, impressed by your spelling. way to go, gold star...

I find it entertaining to continually challenge them with facts, reasoning and logic, though. The more they ignore this the more foolish they look.

keep fighting the good fight, drake! your resoned arguments and logical conclusions are one of the many things that keep me coming back to wade through the muck and mayhem that is LGW...

final analysis here gang...he's coming back NEXT SEASON. until then, how about we focus on the task at hand, which is bitching about THIS playoff season? we're not gonna have williams to beat up on forever, you know...
RAISE #16 TO THE RAFTERS!!!

i think, therefore i'm rare.

#267 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:45 AM

He's probably as much of a power forward then Leino is.

Off topic, but on Leino. Does anyone know if he's hurt or is he just not good enough to play for Philly in the post-season? I mean, I no he's know Daniel Carcilo-esque superstar, but I'd think he'd be good enough to at least get a sniff of icetime in Philly. I know he played a little bit a month or so ago - did they conclude that he was too soft to be trusted with playoff duty?

Edited by micah, 22 April 2010 - 02:21 PM.

"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#268 deetroit dario

deetroit dario

i ride on two wheels, and they both have wings!

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:48 AM

Off topic, but on Leino. does anyone know if he's hurt or is he just not good enough to play for Philly in the post-season? I mean, I no he's no Daniel Carcilo-esque superstar, but I'd think he'd be good enough to at least get a sniff of icetime in Philly. I know he played a little bit a month or so ago - did they conclude that he was too soft to be trusted with playoff duty?

if i had to hazard a guess, i'd bet on work ethic (or lack thereof) being the reason. same as it ever was...
RAISE #16 TO THE RAFTERS!!!

i think, therefore i'm rare.

#269 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:56 AM

Off topic, but on Leino. does anyone know if he's hurt or is he just not good enough to play for Philly in the post-season? I mean, I no he's no Daniel Carcilo-esque superstar, but I'd think he'd be good enough to at least get a sniff of icetime in Philly. I know he played a little bit a month or so ago - did they conclude that he was too soft to be trusted with playoff duty?

It was reported that he had a flu, but now he's been a healthy scratch. Laviolette said that he doesn't want to change his lineup, although many fans have said that they prefer to see Leino over Hartnell or Powe.

#270 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:45 PM

Me too. I didn't like Hudler much before because he was kinda cowardly and didn't play the body, even though at his height and weight he has the potential to be strong on his skates and play a complete game. I hope he comes back and impresses me by playing to his Stan Jonathan-esque potential:)

Maybe Hudler should crash at Pat Verbeek's pad this summer - might learn a thing, or 2.

Patrick Kane lived with Verbeek some years ago, and by doing so he learned how to beat up 60 yr old cabbies :hehe: .....Maybe some of that spunk could rub off on Hudler?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#271 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:03 PM

Patrick Kane lived with Verbeek some years ago, and by doing so he learned how to beat up 60 yr old cabbies :hehe: .....Maybe some of that spunk could rub off on Hudler?

I wouldn't call that kind of energy spunk but rather just being a ******.

#272 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:08 PM

Basically the only positive thing i can get outta him coming back is he is an upgrade over Jason Williams,which isn't saying much..but still..

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#273 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:19 PM

I wouldn't call that kind of energy spunk but rather just being a ******.

My attempt at humor/humour ;)

In all seriousness though I'd love to see a guy like Hudler develope a few Verbeek like qualities.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#274 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:24 PM

In all seriousness though I'd love to see a guy like Hudler develope a few Verbeek like qualities.

Yeah were lacking snarl

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#275 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:19 PM

Verbeek was certainly a fun guy to watch.

I doubt that Hudler has the drive to be as effective a player as Verbeek was - he'll never score like Verbeek did, he's not Captain material like Verbeek was, he won't be an all-star like Verbeek was, he'll likely never have a thumb ripped off then surgically reattatched durring his career (without missing a game) like Verbeek did, he won't log 19 years in the NHL, but he might still be okay if he just learn's to play with a bit of old Pat's sandpaper.

Edited by micah, 22 April 2010 - 02:20 PM.

#276 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:24 PM

Would that make Huds "Tiny Ball of Hate" then?

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#277 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:30 PM

Would that make Huds "Tiny Ball of Hate" then?

"Tiny Ball of Relative Apathetic Dislike".

Hudler doesn't seem to have Verbeek's passion.

Edited by micah, 22 April 2010 - 02:38 PM.

#278 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:32 PM

"Tiny Ball of Relative Apathetic Dislike" Hudler doesn't seem to have Verbeek's passion.

"Tiny Ball of Meh?" then?

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#279 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:45 PM

"Tiny Ball of Meh?" then?

Lol, I like the sound of that!

#280 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:54 PM

Hudler will be "Little Ball of Happiness".