• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

#41 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:56 AM

I wasn't a big fan of how he left, but if Kenny had either a plan or has no problem with bringing him immediately back then I'll welcome him. He did lack size but he has an epic pair of balls on him, you will see him in the middle of traffic and scrums. Basically the dude does everything we'd like to see williams do this year, so come on back you angry midget.
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#42 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:04 AM

Get rid of the slow skating, traitor, money hungry midget. He turned his back on the organization for money... trade his ass, he isn't worth nearly 3mill a year anyway.

So you would turn down 3 or 4 times your salary elsewhere to stay with your current employer? What if those numbers factored in the millions instead of hundreds or thousands? I don't think so. Everyone who is pissy about Hudler leaving for money should get off the high horse.

This isn't Fedorov stringing the organization along for more money. Hudler had his intentions known to Holland, got the organization's blessing to go get a paycheck that really no one in Hudler's position could turn down, and both worked out keeping Hudler's rights for his eventual return with a damn good cap hit.

I'd welcome that slow skating, traitor, money hungry midget back in a heartbeat and every Red Wings fan should feel the same.

EDIT: spelling

Edited by b.shanafan14, 18 April 2010 - 09:05 AM.

#43 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:08 AM

Don't we all.

I definitely don't. Salary cap creates more competing and GM's need to really understand what they are doing. I know Red Wings is probably one of those teams who would benefit with no cap, because of the reputation here. I just think it's stupid that some teams could have better players because they've got more money, yet the way they've got that money have nothing to do with ice-hockey usually.

I really want some kinda salary cap system here in FEL too. It's just so stupid how Jokerit for example can always get those better players because they've got a freakin soda business.

And how can people say that Hudler turned his back to the organisation? He deserves some money for his work. Obviously Kenny had other plans if he wasn't able to pay him his money.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#44 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:10 AM

So you would turn down 3 or 4 times your salary elsewhere to stay with your current employer? What if those numbers factored in the millions instead of hundreds or thousands? I don't think so. Everyone who is pissy about Hudler leaving for money should get off the high horse.

This isn't Fedorov stringing the organization along for more money. Hudler had his intentions known to Holland, got the organization's blessing to go get a paycheck that really no one in Hudler's position could turn down, and both worked out keeping Hudler's rights for his eventual return with a damn good cap hit.

I'd welcome that slow skating, traitor, money hungry midget back in a heartbeat and every Red Wings fan should feel the same.

EDIT: spelling

:clap:

Loyalty is a great thing to have, but most people who work in professional sports are no different than us. Of course you want to perform well for your employer at the time, but if you think you can improve your career making more money, most of us are going to do so. Nothing wrong with being selfish to a degree and watching out for your own best interests. And sometimes that requires working in a different city/area. This is no different and Hudler didn't leave on bad terms whatsoever.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 18 April 2010 - 09:11 AM.

#45 FedorovGurl

FedorovGurl

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 548 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:28 AM

Yes, I hate the salary cap.
No, I don't blame him for going to play in the KHL
Yes, I so want him back as do a lot of people including Holland.

Am a bit hungover ... did I miss anything??

Posted Image

"Lets go Red Vings..."

Edited by FedorovGurl, 18 April 2010 - 09:29 AM.

Welcome Back Kotter Hudler!! ".... who'd of thought they'd lead ya back here where we need ya? "

#46 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:30 AM

Sure but as we saw in the Olympics unfortunately you had a bunch of European players who were probably in great shape but still didn't handle the smaller rinks and physical contact as well as the North Americans. Hudler has to get used to getting hit and having very little room again, but at least it shouldn't take him very long.

He's already managed to put up 60 points in the NHL, seems to me he's got hockey pretty well figured out wherever he plays.

You think he's improved his skating speed and agility? No? I hope so.

I doubt it, we can't all skate like Fedorov, just have to live with the hand you're dealt. A little on the slow side, but some people around here make out like he's at a Holmstrom level of skating or something.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#47 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:08 AM

He had three game-winning goals in the last two playoffs with Detroit. I'd like to have him back.

Attached File  juri_h.jpg   105.59KB   9 downloads

Besides, I miss his goofy smile. :D

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#48 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:13 AM

Shut up fan babies. Hudler worked his ass of here and made a business decision. Find me one player that improved over the 2 or 3 year span that he did. I for one will welcome him back at 2.x mil. Trade him later if need be.

Steve Downie does it all.Hudler's tooo one-dimensional
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#49 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:30 AM

So you would turn down 3 or 4 times your salary elsewhere to stay with your current employer? What if those numbers factored in the millions instead of hundreds or thousands? I don't think so. ...

If my employer was the best in the business, and operated at the very highest level in my industry, and the salary they were offering afforded me the opportunity to live a lifestyle most people can only dream of while still allowing me to invest enough to comfortably retire after 10 years (if I even wanted to), then you're damn right I would.

That said, his contract is a good value (possibly even a bargain if he can better his previous production) so I wouldn't hate seeing him back. Unless Kenny can somehow manage to pick up an elite winger, we aren't likely to find anything better than little Happy.

#50 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:32 AM

Steve Downie does it all.Hudler's tooo one-dimensional

Once again Steve Downie plays with top tier talent every night.

Wasn't the much anticipated Igor Grigorenko pretty much gassed most of the training camp, and by no means ready for the NHL?

I have a hard time believing Jagr.

Grigorenko was involved in an car accident that really hurt his development.

Edited by Doc Holliday, 18 April 2010 - 10:35 AM.

Posted Image

#51 dicksmack

dicksmack

Tunnel bus to the Joe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:45 AM

Good news... I doubt the Wings will trade him; he will almost certainly play for us next year. He's scored 26 pts in his last two playoff runs with the Wings, so he's welcome back in my book...
Finally someone that can post with actually integrity, nice to see. :thumbup: --Carman

#52 Zata fan 40

Zata fan 40

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:55 AM

Come back Huds..would be even better if we could also keep Bert as well.
c:\documentsandsettings\amy\mydocuments\homefortheholidays

#53 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:58 AM

and im guessing he would be a bit of a better player also.

Sorry, but why would be be a better player after playing in a sub-par league to the NHL? If anything he's going to be worse than he was when he left because he's more used to the slower play, etc. If he comes back I wouldn't be surprised if he has a worse season than 08-09. You can't tell me that's not a logical assumption. It's like would Cleary get better if you sent him to the AHL?

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#54 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:00 AM

Does detroit really want this overly soft euro? he doesn't play defense and would only make a third line better offensively but in the same time worse defensively, and probably would make the 2nd pp unit better, but 2.875M caphit is kinda big with red wing measurement's

Edited by mindfly, 18 April 2010 - 11:00 AM.

#55 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:06 AM

Sorry, but why would be be a better player after playing in a sub-par league to the NHL? If anything he's going to be worse than he was when he left because he's more used to the slower play, etc. If he comes back I wouldn't be surprised if he has a worse season than 08-09. You can't tell me that's not a logical assumption. It's like would Cleary get better if you sent him to the AHL?

I feel comfortable saying that the KHL is the 2nd best league in the world behind the NHL. He was playing a lot of minutes over there on the top line, and I would say his line mates were decent players. His development might have slowed, but if it even did it couldn't be by much. He was constantly improving with us. He still had plenty of room for improvement IMO.

Edited by cjm502, 18 April 2010 - 11:07 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#56 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:10 AM

Does detroit really want this overly soft euro? he doesn't play defense and would only make a third line better offensively but in the same time worse defensively, and probably would make the 2nd pp unit better, but 2.875M caphit is kinda big with red wing measurement's

Obviously the Red Wings do want him back. This team needs more offense and Hudler provides exactly that. I think you are exaggerating that Hudler doesn't play defense. Red Wing fans have such a skewed image of what defensive forwards should be like because we are spoiled watching Z, Datsyuk, Helm, Miller, etc. play at such a high level defensively. Hudler isn't going to be killing penalties, but he isn't a complete liability on defense.

I'll take a 57-point player for around three million anyday. Especially when it addresses one of the Red Wings most glaring weaknesses.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#57 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:12 AM

Obviously the Red Wings do want him back. This team needs more offense and Hudler provides exactly that. I think you are exaggerating that Hudler doesn't play defense. Red Wing fans have such a skewed image of what defensive forwards should be like because we are spoiled watching Z, Datsyuk, Helm, Miller, etc. play at such a high level defensively. Hudler isn't going to be killing penalties, but he isn't a complete liability on defense.

I'll take a 57-point player for around three million anyday. Especially when it addresses one of the Red Wings most glaring weaknesses.

Especially a 57pt player who did it playing on the 3rd line.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#58 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:23 AM

the sad part for him is that his probably going to get less then what he probably was going to get before he left to Russia.

Plus I'm sure living in North America instead of Russia is worth making less.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#59 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:25 AM

I feel comfortable saying that the KHL is the 2nd best league in the world behind the NHL. He was playing a lot of minutes over there on the top line, and I would say his line mates were decent players. His development might have slowed, but if it even did it couldn't be by much. He was constantly improving with us. He still had plenty of room for improvement IMO.

It's not that I don't think he can't improve, but he hasn't been in the NHL for a year, so he'll have to re-adjust. He might be at the same or better level than when he left, but the transition from the start of the season will show and affect his end of the year totals.

I'm not saying it definitely made him worse, but it sure as hell didn't make him better.

Especially a 57pt player who did it playing on the 3rd line.

On the PP*

Edited by Z and D for the C, 18 April 2010 - 11:24 AM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#60 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:26 AM

^^
this.