• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
aflac9262

4/18 OOT Playoff Gameday

Rate this topic

Just when I think the Wings were the biggest chokers of the day.....the Sharks come to the rescue.

Did they just score on them selves that last goal? :blink:

Anderson was hot - I'll give them that. But their fate is looking worse than ours. At least the Wings are playing a higher seed without home ice AND we have at least gone deep the last three years, if nothing else.

Well at least when the Wings put in a s***ty effort I can look forward to watching SJ choke...

The whole time I was watching that game, I felt like San Jose was DESTINED to lose.

They are the greatest example of fatalism in 21st century America.

Seriously, Nabokov can't even stop a backhanded shot from 30 feet away with no screen. What a bum.

Guest Crymson

The whole time I was watching that game, I felt like San Jose was DESTINED to lose.

They are the greatest example of fatalism in 21st century America.

Seriously, Nabokov can't even stop a backhanded shot from 30 feet away with no screen. What a bum.

Hilariously, it was actually a very good shot.

oh that was classic... oh san jose... u find more intresting ways to choke in the playoffs every year...good times :thumbup::clap: :clap: well played san jose... well played

Edited by Duck Guy

Just when I think the Wings were the biggest chokers of the day.....the Sharks come to the rescue.

Did they just score on them selves that last goal? :blink:

Anderson was hot - I'll give them that. But their fate is looking worse than ours. At least the Wings are playing a higher seed without home ice AND we have at least gone deep the last three years, if nothing else.

Well at least when the Wings put in a s***ty effort I can look forward to watching SJ choke...

Yeah, but if the Sharks go down 3-1, they could still have two games at home potentially.

If we go down 3-1, we're finished.

Hilariously, it was actually a very good shot.

Well, Boyle is considered a good offensive defenseman. :D

Kind of bad how Nabokov and Murray both stared at Boyle as if to say WTF, instead of going over to console him or something. Nice teamwork San Jose.

Imagine if Lebda did something like that here, though. :ph34r:

Well, Boyle is considered a good offensive defenseman. :D

Kind of bad how Nabokov and Murray both stared at Boyle as if to say WTF, instead of going over to console him or something. Nice teamwork San Jose.

Imagine if Lebda did something like that here, though. :ph34r:

That one of the weirdest plays I think I've ever seen wow!?

Papa Shango hates the Sharks.I hope someone gets that wrestling reference.

Wow, going back to the 80's there.

For anyone who's interested, the Sharks forums right now are a MUST read. Like reading a Shakespeare tragedy.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Yeah, but if the Sharks go down 3-1, they could still have two games at home potentially.

If we go down 3-1, we're finished.

They choke away games on home ice just as easily as anywhere.

My point is that even if both teams get eliminated (please Wings keep fighting) the Sharks will always be the bigger chokers. The Wings have proven we are winners the past several years alone. 3 trips in a row to the WCF - 2 to the SCF - 1 Cup. We won a tough game 7 last year. This may (or may not) be our year but the Wings haven't even come close to the chokejobs the team from SJ does.

Imagine if they go down to the 8th seed as the 1 seed two years in a row (and the Avs ain't no Ducks folks). I watched the Wings back in the dark days - we've come up short plenty - but nothing close to that.

They choke away games on home ice just as easily as anywhere.

My point is that even if both teams get eliminated (please Wings keep fighting) the Sharks will always be the bigger chokers. The Wings have proven we are winners the past several years alone. 3 trips in a row to the WCF - 2 to the SCF - 1 Cup. We won a tough game 7 last year. This may (or may not) be our year but the Wings haven't even come close to the chokejobs the team from SJ does.

Imagine if they go down to the 8th seed as the 1 seed two years in a row (and the Avs ain't no Ducks folks). I watched the Wings back in the dark days - we've come up short plenty - but nothing close to that.

I guess we sort of came close to that in 2007, when we had that tough first round series against Calgary, after losing the prior year as a number 1 seed to Edmonton.

The first round has been the toughest round for the Red Wings this past decade. It's great that we have won Cups, but we're not beyond choking in the first round ourselves.

BTW, here's what one poster wrote on hfboards. :lol:

"Wikipedia on top of it:

Early in 2010, Boyle was diagnosed with hockeyus dyslexius (latin for "hockey dyslexia"). This is a rare disease that is found only among NHL players. The disease causes sudden bouts of confusion in its victims, causing them to randomly shoot the puck into their own net. The disease didn't manifest itself until April 19, 2010, when, in game 2 of the Western Conference Quarterfinals against the Colorado Avalanche, Boyle shot the puck into his own net, costing the Sharks the game, and likely leading them to another first round disappointment."

Edited by GMRwings1983

I guess we sort of came close to that in 2007, when we had that tough first round series against Calgary, after losing the prior year as a number 1 seed to Edmonton.

The first round has been the toughest round for the Red Wings this past decade. It's great that we have won Cups, but we're not beyond choking in the first round ourselves.

BTW, here's what one poster wrote on hfboards. :lol:

"Wikipedia on top of it:

Early in 2010, Boyle was diagnosed with hockeyus dyslexius (latin for "hockey dyslexia"). This is a rare disease that is found only among NHL players. The disease causes sudden bouts of confusion in its victims, causing them to randomly shoot the puck into their own net. The disease didn't manifest itself until April 19, 2010, when, in game 2 of the Western Conference Quarterfinals against the Colorado Avalanche, Boyle shot the puck into his own net, costing the Sharks the game, and likely leading them to another first round disappointment."

Wings have had some very tough series losses (Ducks 2003) but still we have come back and won enough that those things all even out.

I think Coffey scored on his own net for us circa mid-90s. Last time I recall a Wings player doing that - and he was promptly shipped out of town in the off season....

Looks like its deja vu all over again this year Sharks fans!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jakiqCPKyFU

AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My hysterical laughing and desk smacking matched this video in such a similar manner. There is so little difference between joy and sadness in some way it seems.

This was amazing and I thank you (from a small, very shallow and menacing spot inside my soul) for sharing this.