• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 3 GDT: Coyotes 4 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Me too. He didn't look at all well at the end of the game. :ph34r: Really too bad about Doan, too, huh... :cool:

Yeah, I'd hate to see Doan miss the entire series. :D

Howard was the one who injured him, so props to Jimmy for that! Also props to the JLA boards.

Yuck. The last 15 mins of the 2nd was an exercise in just how far the Wings can stick their heads up their own butts. We MUST score a quick one on the Doggies at the start of the 4rd and then keep beating them down. Finish checks. Tighten defense. Get our no-show players to make their presence felt on the SCOREBOARD. LETS GO WINGS!

They need to get the f*** off of the boards and attack the net.

zero angle shots and these cutesy tip plays aren't working for them today. Drive the net and work for rebounds by the net like Phoenix is doing.

I agree, but that has proven to be a difficult task. Phoenix has done a pretty good job keeping them to the outside really.

I would also like to point out that the hungrier team typically wins. So far, the Wings have not been as hungry as the Yotes. Howard is playing fine. Bryz is giving up almost 3x more rebounds but Detroit cannot capitalize.

Howard has NOT been playing fine. The team hasn't been doing well but you cannot say with a straight face that the regular season Howard has been in this series.

Sloppy passing and sloppy rebound control. That's not going to get us far in the playoffs. And I don't care that Bryzgalov's given up more rebounds. Phoenix has been scoring on Jimmy's rebounds. Again, time to cut the sloppy passes and sloppy rebound control. Terrible time to give up a goal.

Sloppy passing? You bet

Sloppy rebound control? By Phoenix for sure. By Detroit? You have your head up your ass just based on the stats themselves. Its called taking advantage of your opportunities. Detroit has more, but can't capitalize.

Guest mindfly

Howard has NOT been playing fine. The team hasn't been doing well but you cannot say with a straight face that the regular season Howard has been in this series.

Howard hasn't been fine, ans osgood is never fine

Conclusion: Wings goaltending situation is horrible.

I cannot say with a straight face that Detroit has been playing as hungry as they were in the regular season since the olympic break. Crap defense doesn't help your goalie in the least bit.

i just realized I forgot to put on my lucky winter classic jersey :bag:

so we should dominate the third period...it's on now!

I BLAME YOU!

Just kidding, maybe we can get some luck going in the 3rd!

That PP that Phoenix got has changed the whole game around.

They didn't score, but got a million chances and have controlled the game since then.

It seems like forever since we had a playoff comeback in the third period. Last year it didn't go too well for us in these situations. :(

Howard hasn't been fine, ans osgood is never fine

Conclusion: Wings goaltending situation is horrible.

Maybe instead of pointing out useful stats, I should just point out the ignorant fans who are talking out their asses.

I cannot say with a straight face that Detroit has been playing as hungry as they were in the regular season since the olympic break. Crap defense doesn't help your goalie in the least bit.

Good example of diverting the blame to other people in order to take away from the fact Howard hasn't been playing like the Wings need him to play.

Ever since Doan has been gone the wings have set back. Only one line has been checking since then, and where's the forecheck? Sure we're getting chances, but what about 2nd and 3rd chances? What's up with the D? How come we can't get the puck when they start that cycling crap?