• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 3 GDT: Coyotes 4 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Nick... -3.... I know you will hang em up but for god sake make a difference this final time!?!?!?!

I don't understand how Phoenix can come into this game with drive and determination to win, while the Wings act like it is no big deal if they win or lose.

Does Detroit think that just because they have more talent that they don't really have to give much of an effort? Where is the passion and desire to compete and win?

This wasn't a good game. That said, we went down 1-2 against Anaheim last playoff season and we won.

Some of you are downright pathetic. If you're so quick to insult and disrespect the players whenever they don't win, then you should consider either finding yourself a different team to root for or solving some of your personal problems.

I'm confident they'll come back to win.

And the broken record keeps on playing.

How dare anyone criticize a team that doesn't compete in the playoffs?

I'm not gonna say much because this is gonna be the thread of the year for negativity, but man. What a s***ty effort from everyone not named Bertuzzi, Datsyuk and Abdelkader. If our goaltending isnt better, and our defence doesnt improve, this series will be done in 5... for Phoenix.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Phoenix was just better

Yup

This wasn't a good game. That said, we went down 1-2 against Anaheim last playoff season and we won.

Some of you are downright pathetic. If you're so quick to insult and disrespect the players whenever they don't win, then you should consider either finding yourself a different team to root for or solving some of your personal problems.

I honestly get depressed when I read these boards some of the time, it makes me embarrassed that other people can be this fickle.

We were outplayed across the board. Phoenix earned this one. We didn't. Lousy effort. Terrible passing, not enough intensity in the offensive zone, backbreaking goals against, sloppy, sloppy changes...this was hard as hell to watch without bursting out into tirades of profanity.

Seemed like they only cranked up the intensity after they fell behind by two goals, and that's not good enough.

Zetterberg's line has been the only one that's done anything in this series. Datsyuk and even the third liners need to step up and chip in.

And obviously, Howard has to be much better. The team wasn't great today but any chance they had was snuffed out with his soft goals.

It's a brand new game Tuesday, and the Wings have to win it now.

Guest Crymson

We had home ice tho. Even if we tie it up 2-2 they still have home ice.

I'm afraid the fat lady is warming up :(

And so you're trying to give me reasons why we probably can't come back.

Just stop watching now. You obviously don't have the stomach for it.

You're probably one of those that gave up on this team at about the 50 game mark too? Its 2-1 and we still have one at home. I don't know about you but I've seen this team win 3 of 4 about 3432 times in my 20 years as a fan against better teams that these g uys !

Guest mindfly

They had Osgood who turned it on in the playoffs and stopped pucks.. howard has a 4GAA and cant stop a beachball... it's a huge difference they also had hossa, hudler, samuelsson....give ya head a shake ffs

Miserable effort. Cutesy passes, no consistent forecheck, too much play from outside the circles. It's not a coincidence that the Wings' best scoring chances from this game and in general come from hammering the Phoenix defense on the forecheck and then crashing the net.

Home ice doesn't mean crap anymore. Hell, every series was 1-1 up until this point. So every home ice team has ALREADY LOST home ice until tonight.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I think it's time for Lebda to get a chance in this series.

Thanks for all your contributions over the years Nick, but it's time to step aside.

Ummm...what?

Guest scottj

... sometimes we were playing like a ******* joke

we better step it up or we're out... i'm gettin really fed up with these no look passes being made that result in turnovers and big scoring chances for the coyotes

bryz was pretty solid i think but god damnit... :(

Team played like s***, period. Top to bottom. Played like a bunch of *******. And Howard hasn't given the Wings they saves they need.

Either there is a huge shift in the series in Game 4 where the real Red Wings show up or this series is over in 5. That's not being negative, that's being honest.

Edited by b.shanafan14

Being a fan does not entail putting on blinders. We call them as we see them.

Talent wise the Wings could still win this series.

But not how they played today. Today was their chance to take a hold on the series. They looked uninspired and played terribly.

When they finally got something going Howard let in the World's Softest Goal on the short side and they died until the last 2 minutes of play.

Nobody played a full 60 minutes of solid hockey on this team today.

Unless they play better on Tuesday they won't win this series.

Lidstrom wasn't doing so well. I mean -3 yeah, but you could see that he had some problems even without looking the plus-minus. Didn't make mistakes with the puck but the Coyotes forwards just seemed to have chances by winning him on 1on1 -battles.

Bertuzzi wasn't good either. Didn't play physical at all. Kinda floated around there, got about four great scoring chances, but didn't manage to put one in.