• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 3 GDT: Coyotes 4 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

The Wings are playing like crap but I've never seen the puck bounce to a team like I have in the first three games. Coyotes seems to get every puck and scrum and come out with it on their stick.

:ranting:

Well, this certainly didn't do anything for my shaky faith in Howard, did it. One quick one in the first 30 secs of the first. Another one in the last 30 seconds. Then he lets in the back breaker after we start to show life again. Unreal.

Overall, we showed about maybe 20 mins of effort in this game. I just don't understand what happened to the hitting once it showed that it was working. We hit. We score. Simple as that. We stop hitting... we don't score.

Now, of course, we can hear all series about how "the heart of the Coyotes can't play for them right now, but the team is going out to win it for him". :rolleyes:

There had better be a damn sight better effort on Tuesday or as ol' Uncle Owen Lars used to say, "There'll be hell to pay". (Though I think that was about having the moisture vaporaters repaired up on the South Ridge). :hehe:

Rafalski, Lidstrom, Kronwall, Franzen and Cleary are my five for the biggest letdowns so far this series. Howard is a rookie, can't blame him for playing like one either. When your defense is awful, a rookie goalie can only do so much, or so little.

A+ for Z, Dats, Bertuzzi, Fil, Abdelkader.

Why is Drew Miller still in the lineup? He's awfully non existent. I mean, at least hit...don't do nothing when your on the ice.

Doan had more of an impact off the ice then our top guys did while on the ice. They picked it up, Detroit got sloppier. Congrats on two strong wins for the Yotes.

BERTUZZI??? He was god awful today. Just terrible. Couldn't control pucks, gave it away, missed great scoring chances.. UGH.

Guest Crymson

Being a fan does not entail putting on blinders. We call them as we see them.

Saying "OMG THE SERIES IS OVER" has nothing to do with having blinders off. It is nothing less than a totally arbitrary statement made by people who haven't the stomach to deal with uncertainty.

Guest micah

If Lids had been replaced by the league's average Dman, we might have won tonight. I never thought I'd type those words. The Captain has to set the tone, not be the goat. I fully expect that he will come back in a big way next game, he's had bad games before and always returned to dominance. I hope Jimmy can do the same.

Bertuzzi wasn't good either. Didn't play physical at all. Kinda floated around there, got about four great scoring chances, but didn't manage to put one in.

I actually thought that Bertuzzi was one of the Red Wings' better forwards this afternoon. Although he didn't score before the the whistle he had his nose in there, made a nice pass to Franzen to (then) cut the deficit to 1 and generally was using his size all over the ice.

Guest mindfly

Just put osgood in there... if they are realy lucky he just magically turns it on, he has had that ability in the past atleast, howard wont win any games letting in atleast 4goals every game

Because it isn't sheer talent that will win this series. It's effort -- and Lombardi has had it in spades.

Which is something the 2002/2003 Ducks and 2005/2006 Oilers could attest too...

And look, who beat the wings in the first round those years? Babcock should be all over his players right now.

He didn't look good on the Lepisto or Prucha goals, especially the latter, he and Rafalski really got worked by that give and go. Not good enough is right.

What makes it sad is the names you just mentioned.

Leipissto and Prucha? These guys are lucky they're even playing in the NHL.

One thing I'm fed up of seeing is how the Wings pass blindly and turn the puck over and get caught. It seemed like they did this for a good 2/3 of the game.

Edited by aflac9262

Guest DetroitBoy313
Remember when the Wings beat the Pens 5-0 and then 2 games later the Pens won the Stanley Cup?

I hate remember whens....This is a whole different series.You my HONEST opinion,I think this series is over.Wings just don't have it,you can tell.

Rafalski played one of the worst games I've ever seen from him. Just pretend it's the Olympics, Raffi.

It hurts to say it, but Nick was bad tonight. Reminds me of that Rory Fitzpatrick commercial

Hank was not his normal self until late in the 3rd.

And I hate calling people out. I do think everyone will be better on Tuesday and for the rest of the series though.

I have faith, I hope everyone else does too.

I know we'll play better down the stretch, I believe in these guys very much. It's just, we all know from past experience as the number of games in a series increase more and more . . . puck bounces are one of the biggest ultimate determining factors to who might pull this series out. We've got a lot of work to do, but I can't believe we're done yet. Too much pride to let this happen, but s*** can happen in Phoenix . . . or in Detroit like today apparently. :(

I hate remember whens....This is a whole different series.You my HONEST opinion,I think this series is over.Wings just don't have it,you can tell.

The "they just don't have it" line has been used often during the Red Wings' first-round series over the years, but the majority of the time they "find it" before it's too late.

Guest Crymson

That isn't your honest opinion. It's your way of giving up hope so that you won't be as disappointed if the Red Wings lose.