• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 3 GDT: Coyotes 4 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Yes! Nothing can keep them down. They're a GOOD team.

Trying to remember my password for letsgopens.com.

Last time I checked, your boys had just lost home ice advantage to the frickin Ottawa Senaors and Fleury was playing like crap. Good luck with that one...

Agreed. You'd hope that it wouldn't take nearly to the halfway point of the series to figure it out, though.

Old habits are hard to break?

let's hope they change their ways, and fast. The Wings deserved to lose this one, and more often than not haven't looked like a very scary team to play against.

Howard is giving up goals every where, can he stop anything? How long do we stay woth a goalie giving up 4 goals a game in the playoffs and think we can even move to the next round. I am still sticking with Ozzie, we need him in, he knows what it takes.

I don't blame Howard, but I won't be shocked to see Osgood in net for game 4.

I don't think we looked too bad out there, but a lot of our little mistakes are turning into big opportunities for Phoenix. Turnovers and sloppy plays, poor puck control, inconsistent offensive, even a soft goal or two....it all adds up.

The best way to beat Detroit is to get us off our puck possession/passing game, and Phoenix has simply done that very well. Hence why we're setting up the occasional mad rush at the net, but then chasing the puck all the way back down the ice every time. When Detroit isn't playing a solid possession game, we get no defensive scoring. When Detroit is not getting defensive scoring in the playoffs, it's usually a bad sign.

There's a lot of factors to blame. But tonight our team as a whole just did not play well. Then again, we didn't play well the first half of game 2 either (Oh everyone loves to say "It was a great game!!" but go back and read the first half of the GDT 2 thread, and perhaps remind yourself of how we "actually" played half that game), or most of game 1, we also played pretty poorly.

When you are going into game 4 and you have to admit that your team hasn't played well perhaps 70-80% of the previous 3 games, well....it wouldn't be our first early exit from the playoffs, and our play this year looks eerily similar to a few contests I can recall between 2003 and 2007.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not an easily derailed bandwagoneer, nor a naysayer, but you have to admit we've seen this before.

Though, I bet very strongly that we will win game 4. Detroit has the ability to turn it on, and while I don't think we're going to look "good" in game 4 either, we've got a lot of guys starting to step it up. With a little luck Franzen's goal was just a start, and I don't think we've seen the most that guys like Abby and Miller have to offer quite yet.

Besides, Datsyuk is due a goal now :)

What did Datsyuk do to make you think he should get an "A+" except turn the puck over? He was horrible all game.

And holy s*** Katrina just lean in and kiss him already.

I never pay attention to anything that ditz says or does after she said that Pittsburgh had better fans than Detroit back in '08.

Yeah, these two I cant argue. Kronwall is playing like s***, and is being a passive *****. Wont throw a hit. Franzen was better today for physical stuff, but still isnt even close to his form from the past 2 playoffs. He has to be better, there was a case for him being a Conn Smythe trophy winner two years ago, and now he can only score one lucky goal in 3 games?? Come on now.

I don't know where Kronwall's head is at, but that turnover that led to Wolski's goal is just baffling. How did he not see Abdelkader standing right there?

Yeah, these two I cant argue. Kronwall is playing like s***, and is being a passive *****. Wont throw a hit. Franzen was better today for physical stuff, but still isnt even close to his form from the past 2 playoffs. He has to be better, there was a case for him being a Conn Smythe trophy winner two years ago, and now he can only score one lucky goal in 3 games?? Come on now.

One lucky goal? Are you kidding? Did you see where he put that shot? Yor hate is blinding you.

Got off work just in time to see PHX go up 3-1, so I can't comment on the entire game, but what I did see was way too many turnovers by our defense (I must have seen Rafalski give it away 4 or 5 times in the last ten minutes alone) and some poor goaltending by Howard. Those two will both need to be better if we are going to win this thing. To anyone calling for Osgood, I think you're crazy. Howard got the team this far and there's no turning back now, we just have to hope he can step it up big for game 4.

Not worried yet, but we need to play better and smarter.

One lucky goal? Are you kidding? Did you see where he put that shot? Yor hate is blinding you.

Yeah he had a bad game but that goal was a beauty. I hope that was what he needed to get some confidence because we desperately need him to come up big for us in this series.

Zetterberg played really well again today, but Datsyuk had a really off game IMO. As good as Zetter is, I think for this team to win, Datsyuk still has to be their best player, and he really didn't carry much of the play today.

Hopefully that goal woke Franzen up, cause he had been dragging his ass in this series to that point.

bench Ericsson for Lebda

I know that's the go-to roster move on this team but Ericsson was a +/- 0 today, he wasn't the problem.

Sadly Lidstrom and Rafalski was the worst d-pairing tonight and when that happens..well, we lose.

it's the playoffs, so it must be time for dats to pull his disappearing act. wings looked ******* lousy today. reminded me of the finals last year. their desire didn't come close to matching the cayotes'. oh well. hopefully babcock gets them going before next game. another effort like this one and it's lights out.

Guest Lidstromboli

I know that's the go-to roster move on this team but Ericsson was a +/- 0 today, he wasn't the problem.

Sadly Lidstrom and Rafalski was the worst d-pairing tonight and when that happens..well, we lose.

well +/- doesn't really account for players going for a change right before the team enters the zone and scores ;)

Guest mindfly

I get more angry when they are losing than happy when they are winning...Why is that so? :ranting: