• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 3 GDT: Coyotes 4 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

I know that's the go-to roster move on this team but Ericsson was a +/- 0 today, he wasn't the problem.

Sadly Lidstrom and Rafalski was the worst d-pairing tonight and when that happens..well, we lose.

wings get way more wins with lebda in, hes lucky or something

With Bryzgalov and how hard the Coyotes play, this was either going to be a long, entertaining series or a quick Phoenix win. People wrote the Coyotes off, but this was never going to be a "Detroit in 5" situation. My thought was Wings in 6 before it started and I'm sticking to it, but it's pretty clear that Phoenix has been the hungrier team for 2 of 3 games now. If Detroit doesn't match that intensity, it'll be over Friday. If they do, then we'll see.

I actually think Detroit matches up great with the top 3 seeds in the West ... so this could honestly be the toughest series, if Detroit survives.

I'm not mad, I'm just really disappointed.

Hell, even Lidstrom was terrible today. No one's skating for pucks, constant turnovers in the neutral zone, if we're lucky enough to get out of our zone. No one can handle the puck or make a pass.

I'll be at Game 4, and I will make a scene if they ruin my journey with another performance like that.

I get more angry when they are losing than happy when they are winning...Why is that so? :ranting:

I get angry at the WAY in which they lost. :thumbdown:

This may be their last wake-up call of the year. :siren:

I get more angry when they are losing than happy when they are winning...Why is that so? :ranting:

Because you can't stand the humiliation of defeat. I'm the same way. We follow the proud samurai code of death before losing. :ph34r:

I'm not mad, I'm just really disappointed.

Hell, even Lidstrom was terrible today. No one's skating for pucks, constant turnovers in the neutral zone, if we're lucky enough to get out of our zone. No one can handle the puck or make a pass.

I'll be at Game 4, and I will make a scene if they ruin my journey with another performance like that.

In Lidstrom's own postgame words, "I played like Lebda today". :hehe:

Your bias against Howard is quite obvious as you are clearly talking out your ass. The Wings have had more opportunities but are not burying their chances. The stats show this quite well. Its time to put the blame straight where it belongs, on the lack of intensity and hunger of the forwards and defenseman of the Wings.

I understand that the game is over now and I'm talking after the fact, but Howard should have stopped that 4th goal. Period. He was out of position. Period. He's not perfect, and that's OK, because he's still our best goalie. But he should have stopped that goal.

What pisses me off the most is when the boys start flying with about two minutes left and they're down 2 goals. It's really a slap in the face to the fans as we are given a brief glimpse of everything that they are not doing for the other 58 minutes of the game.

To me, this was essentially game 1 just set in Detroit. Decent first 20 minutes, followed by an embarrassing 2nd and 3rd periods in which the team is unable to manage any sustained pressure and simply gets outworked by a much less talented, hungrier team.

Howie was a big reason we lost this game, too, of course. There is really no way that we can go to Ozzy anymore, so Howie has to play better or we are done, simple as that.

In all, though, I have faith. One game at a time, boys. Whatever it takes.

We need some inspiration.

vladdy2.jpg

Yessir, we do. Thanks. :thumbup:

Nothing even close to a scoring chance for us.

Without Doan they are embarassing us. That's bad.

This was the most depressing part of this loss. That Doan and Fiddler were both out and we still lost. Clearly, right now, they want it more. The Wings already proved they could beat the Coyotes in the second period in the last game. They were intimidated in this one. And I for one would like nothing better than for someone to wipe the smirk off their coach's face at the end of the game. Ain't gonna happen unless we win this series but I can dream.

Wings start to work when the game is virtually done.

Yes, and amen. You see it way too often in Bert, and Franzen has also been guilty of that. And that comes pretty close to criminal negligence, especially with Franzen.

I'd be shocked to see Osgood at all in this series, even if he doesn't bounce back from the dismal performance today. IMO Babcock seems pretty married to him.

And Babcock created that problem all by himself by not playing Ozzie more. Of course I still want us to win the series but somehow I'd also like this to come back and bite Babcock in the butt for not having more perspective. Lotsa luck on having it both ways, eh? :sly:

this team must be injured

I'm thinking Rafalski might be. Even though he came back in.

Guest Lidstromboli

or they're just playing like s***. you don't need an excuse every time they are

Turnovers and missed opportunities have really summed up the first three games for sure..

My question, however, is what happened to Cleary? skating over pucks, no grit, just NOTHING OUT OF HIM.

Guest Lidstromboli

I'm not excusing anyone. Except maybe Rafalski, since they said he was injured?

he might be injured. he's played like that all year though

Turnovers and missed opportunities have really summed up the first three games for sure..

My question, however, is what happened to Cleary? skating over pucks, no grit, just NOTHING OUT OF HIM.

what game did you watch? Cleary worked his ass off all game and provided a lot of energy and early chances. you must be thinking of Franzen ;)

Just got back from the game and I gotta say that was god awful. Haven't seen the Wings play that poorly and sluggish in a long time. Passes weren't connecting, they weren't winning any battles, and no traffic in front of Bryzgalov at all. Gotta be MUCH better on Tuesday. I know they will be damn it! GO WINGS!!!!

Reminiscent of the 1st game, good 1st period and thats about it. Yep Howard should have had the 4th goal. Im mad about the quick whistles but at the same time feel the Wings deserved to lose.

This team will bounce back and win the series.

GO WINGS!

Guest Trilobite

it doesn't seem like enough credit is being given to the Coyotes; they're younger, faster, hungrier and have better goaltending. For some reason people around here thought this was going to be a good matchup for the Wings when in fact it was the worst possible first round draw for us.

Edited by Trilobite

The Wings to me are still the better team... When the Wings Forecheck and work like they did the second half of game 2 they will win... they didn't come close to doing that 2day, the Yotes outworked and out shifted them all game. They just have to be the WINGS and out work the Yotes Tuesday or this series is over... 3-1 is death 4 us