• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 3 GDT: Coyotes 4 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

someone needs to tell the Wings they are in the 1st round of the playoffs and they are playing PHX..

Sidenote: Don;t blame Jimmy.. he is doing his best, the rest of the team needs to wake Up.. today was a complete FAIL

Edited by tdinc

Guest screwdahawks

Come on Wings play this f***in bad for 2 more games and put us out of our misery! These *****'s play like they already have their golf vacations planned. I think the only thing that would really wake up this lazy team is for one of the so called stars to get traded. Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen or Kronwall needs to go. Rafalski is a lost cause, no one would take that s*** contract he has.

There's only one way the Wings will win this series: outwork the Coyotes on every shift. Grind their defense down. Win the small puck battles.

Game 1: The Coyotes outworked the Wings--> Coyotes win 3-2

Game 2: The Wings outworked the Coyotes--> Wings win 7-4

Game 3: The Coyotes outworked the Wings--> Coyotes win 4-2

Anyone seeing a pattern? If the Wings outwork the Coyotes the superior talent on our roster shines through and we dominate them.

Howard's looked like a rookie out there-- fine. He has at least 2 more games to find his playoff gear. But the Wings aren't doing him any favours in the losses either. The only way we could've won games 1 or 3 was if Howard only let in one goal in either game. Think about that... An excellent GAA in the playoffs is 2.00, so asking Howard to only let 1 goal a game in is a bit tough to call fair.

The Wings should be able to score 3 or more goals a game on Bryzgalov if they just play their game. I know the Coyotes have an elite defensive team but game 2 showed that the Wings can score on them.

There's only one way the Wings will win this series: outwork the Coyotes on every shift. Grind their defense down. Win the small puck battles.

Anyone seeing a pattern? If the Wings outwork the Coyotes the superior talent on our roster shines through and we dominate them.

Howard's looked like a rookie out there-- fine. He has at least 2 more games to find his playoff gear. But the Wings aren't doing him any favours in the losses either. The only way we could've won games 1 or 3 was if Howard only let in one goal in either game. Think about that... An excellent GAA in the playoffs is 2.00, so asking Howard to only let 1 goal a game in is a bit tough to call fair.

The Wings should be able to score 3 or more goals a game on Bryzgalov if they just play their game. I know the Coyotes have an elite defensive team but game 2 showed that the Wings can score on them.

Good post and I agree with everything accept that giving up 11 goals in 3 games by a grind it out Yotes offense is unacceptable even for a rookie netminder like Howie...

I don't know about that. It felt like he sucked the life out his team after that 4th goal today.

There's a good chance the team could have tied the game up with the momentum it gained briefly after Franzen scored.

I don't know about that. It felt like he sucked the life out his team after that 4th goal today.

There's a good chance the team could have tied the game up with the momentum it gained briefly after Franzen scored.

Is it just me or does Howie always seem to give up that "next goal"?

The team didn't play good in general but i have noticed Rafalski sucking extra hard.

Maybe he needs to wear the US jersey under the Wings jersey to inspire him.

Whilst they have earnt their 2 wins, I hate the Coyotes so much.

I keep hearing things on other boards like "Oh it would be so good for hockey, if Phoenix wins"

That is complete crap. Sure it might "save" Phoenix, but a tiny fanbase becoming a small fanbase, won't do hockey much good at all. Move this joke of a team to somewhere that cares.

Ok maybe I'm still blinded with irrational anger after this loss, but I had to get that out there.

I hate watching Phoenix, I hate losing to Phoenix, I HATE the Phoenix Coyotes.

There I said it.

Go wings.

Phoenix just wants it more than the Wings. They out-hit us and out hustled us. If you lose to a team that is better than you are that's one thing, but to lose because they played harder is inexcusable especially in the playoffs. The Wings know they cant just skate around and win on talent alone, so it makes you wonder why they are doing that. Unless someone shakes up things, right now, the Wings will be heading home after round one, and deservedly so.

The timing was absolutely s***ty on that goal. It had to be a mental downer for the Wings.

I just got back home to western after a disappointing game... They looked so tired out there. Anyone who says the fans weren't in the game clearly didn't go to the game because it seemed like every 2 minutes we were chanting lets go red wings and it was pretty loud there. of course getting scored on 30 seconds into the game will take a little wind out of the sails to begin with but I thought the atmosphere was good. Too bad the wings couldn't match it.

The Wings didn't deserve to win today.

Phx has put together a bunch of retreads (Jovo, Aucoin, Vrbata, Wolski, even Bryzgalov) that are playing with grit and passion. I give them credit where it is due because they should on paper be completely outmatched in this series (except in goal) - but haven't been.

Someone on the Red Wings need to step up besides the Z-Flip line. You cannot win a series with one top scoring line. I love Nick but he and the rest of the D have not been great this series thus far - they have to be much better.

Howard needs to buckle down. I like that he is getting a chance - but 3-4-4 GA is not going to cut it in the POs.....

Hope this all turns around Tuesday - still think we can win this series - someone hit the "switch" Tuesday night please....Go Wings.

I just got back home to western after a disappointing game... They looked so tired out there. Anyone who says the fans weren't in the game clearly didn't go to the game because it seemed like every 2 minutes we were chanting lets go red wings and it was pretty loud there. of course getting scored on 30 seconds into the game will take a little wind out of the sails to begin with but I thought the atmosphere was good. Too bad the wings couldn't match it.

That's how we felt up in 215. It almost felt as if the more we cheered, the stronger Phoenix got. I also thought the pre-game pump up stuff was good, but compared to the last two years; it felt weak. The projection movie was good, but If I hear Jay Towers try and get the crowd to say, "HOCKEYTOWN.... NO LIMITS" one more time, I'm gonna snap.

First off, I thought the fans were definitely into the game. I heard 'em all the way from Texas. :)

Meanwhile, it seems like the Wings' record on NBC weekend games is not good at all. But I have nothing to base that on. Mebee they should just tell NBC to take their peacock and... :P

That's how we felt up in 215. It almost felt as if the more we cheered, the stronger Phoenix got. I also thought the pre-game pump up stuff was good, but compared to the last two years; it felt weak. The projection movie was good, but If I hear Jay Towers try and get the crowd to say, "HOCKEYTOWN.... NO LIMITS" one more time, I'm gonna snap.

Yea seriously what a horrible slogan. Even just chanting Hockeytown would be fine but the no limits part was just dumb. When Franzen scored and it was 3-2 that place exploded. Only to be let down by poor defense and the inability to make a game saving save by Jimmy.

So ... if Phoenix somehow goes on to win the Cup, am I finally allowed to cry conspiracy? I mean we've had expansion franchise Cups (Tampa, Anaheim, Carolina), then Pittsburgh went bankrupt and on the verge of a move until they went to the finals, and now Phoenix went bankrupt and magically now turn competitive. Pittsburgh/Phoenix final would be Bettman's wet dream and would make me swear off hockey for life. It's be like WWE.

So ... if Phoenix somehow goes on to win the Cup, am I finally allowed to cry conspiracy? I mean we've had expansion franchise Cups (Tampa, Anaheim, Carolina), then Pittsburgh went bankrupt and on the verge of a move until they went to the finals, and now Phoenix went bankrupt and magically now turn competitive. Pittsburgh/Phoenix final would be Bettman's wet dream and would make me swear off hockey for life. It's be like WWE.

I'd be more inclined to believe that** if the series was being decided by poor officiating, however that's clearly not the case, Phoenix have just been working their ass off and it's paying dividends.

**I'd never be inclined to believe that.

I'd be more inclined to believe that** if the series was being decided by poor officiating, however that's clearly not the case, Phoenix have just been working their ass off and it's paying dividends.

**I'd never be inclined to believe that.

completely agree they deserve to win

Guest Lidstromboli

if only there was some way to infuse both of them into one player

the red wings would be unstoppable

I understand that the game is over now and I'm talking after the fact, but Howard should have stopped that 4th goal. Period. He was out of position. Period. He's not perfect, and that's OK, because he's still our best goalie. But he should have stopped that goal.

I am not going to debate that fact. That was a goal he should have had, no doubt about it.

Think about this though. If you are only going to score 1-2 goals, it is very hard to win games. Most of the winning teams are scoring at least 3-5 goals per game. Howards crap goal aside, Bryzgalov was a rebound machine today. He had over 2x more rebounds than Howard and the Wings could not get to the rebound. Howard gives up less rebounds and they score on 2 big rebound chances. Coincidence?

The hungrier team almost always wins in hockey. Especially in the NHL when the talent level is so high. The Wings so far haven't had the drive and determination since game 2, and that was borderline with recklessness.

People can go on and on about how Howard sucked, but the simple fact of the matter is that you can have the best goalie in the NHL in net for you, and still lose the game if your team doesn't outwork the other team. Bryzgalov gives up a soft goal in the first game off the Holmstrom shot and the team didn't cave. Howard gives up a soft goal in this game and everyone thinks our team caved.