• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 3 GDT: Coyotes 4 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Whilst they have earnt their 2 wins, I hate the Coyotes so much.

I keep hearing things on other boards like "Oh it would be so good for hockey, if Phoenix wins"

That is complete crap. Sure it might "save" Phoenix, but a tiny fanbase becoming a small fanbase, won't do hockey much good at all. Move this joke of a team to somewhere that cares.

Ok maybe I'm still blinded with irrational anger after this loss, but I had to get that out there.

I hate watching Phoenix, I hate losing to Phoenix, I HATE the Phoenix Coyotes.

There I said it.

Go wings.

HA :lol: yeah the Yotes are REALLY good for hockey... and there "trap" based style of hockey is really gonna get people excited about the NHL this postseason and bring in the fringe fans Bettman hungers for... thats HiLARious :clap:

Guest Lidstromboli

all those people in white shirts seemed to be pretty excited about it

HA :lol: yeah the Yotes are REALLY good for hockey... and there "trap" based style of hockey is really gonna get people excited about the NHL this postseason and bring in the fringe fans Bettman hungers for... thats HiLARious :clap:

I agree. I don't get it. Nashville fans think they play exciting hickey too. Uh, no. The league will not benefit from a Phx vs Phi final, or something retarded like that. Nobody wants to watch Phx play hockey. The Wings play the game the way it was intended. Pure skill, speed, excitement (well on a good day anyway). Every goal phx gets is a gritty goal. Nobody wants to watch teams dump the puck in and try to wrap it around every time. It's so ridiculous.

Where were they during the regular season?

There was also quite a bit of red in that crowd. Even if the Coyotes were to win the cup, it would do VERY little for hockey's popularity or revenue in comparison to say a Canadian team winning or Detroit for that matter.

Edited by crotty99

Where were they during the regular season?

There was also quite a bit of red in that crowd. Even if the Coyotes were to win the cup, it would do VERY little for hockey's popularity or revenue in comparison to say a Canadian team winning or Detroit for that matter.

Yeah, considering if they did win the cup at a home game, 2/3 the nation would be asleep by the time the game ended 'snickers'.

Where were all these "fans" when the team was on the verge of bankruptcy... wait that's right? they are BANKRUPT!!! So does Bettman get his name on the cup, and may God forbid if they win the cup this year???

Just to be clear, I have no problem with them winning the cup as a team, if they do, then they most likely earnt it. What I have a problem with, is the fact that the team is in Phoenix. The NHL is only hurting itself and it makes me angry :lol:

Just to be clear, I have no problem with them winning the cup as a team, if they do, then they most likely earnt it. What I have a problem with, is the fact that the team is in Phoenix. The NHL is only hurting itself and it makes me angry :lol:

Ice hockey in a desert...nice. Teams in Florida, Hicksville (Nashville), Columbus, Atlanta, wtf were they thinking? Srhink it back down, put the good talent back in the other teams and let's have a better brand of hockey.

I just don't understand why the Bettman/NHL was so against the Yotes moving to Canada? Why would it kill the league to put a team in a city that is truly passionate about their hockey? Teams like Nashville, Phoenix, Florida and I could go on and on... will never generate interest consistently! It just DOESN'T work :ranting:

Edited by Rockitman

All these people complaining that somehow Phoenix doesn't deserve their success because they've had bad attendance or play a "boring" style of play sound ridiculous. I would really like to see the Wings attendance should they miss the playoffs for 8 straight years, especially considering tickets were still available an hour before the game today.Also,I find Phoenix highly entertaining. They hit and have some good speed, not boring at all.

All these people complaining that somehow Phoenix doesn't deserve their success because they've had bad attendance or play a "boring" style of play sound ridiculous. I would really like to see the Wings attendance should they miss the playoffs for 8 straight years, especially considering tickets were still available an hour before the game today.Also,I find Phoenix highly entertaining. They hit and have some good speed, not boring at all.

When's the last time the Joe or any Detroit team had less than 2500 people like the Yotes were averaging up till late this year... and yeah players like Daniel Winnik and Vernon Fiddler really get my heart pumping... :zzz:

Edited by Rockitman

I never said they didn't deserve their success, in fact I said twice that they have played well and deserve the success they earn. What I'm saying is that Phoenix is no place for an NHL team..In my opinion, especially when you have super rich hockey markets in Canada that would kill for a team.

When's the last time the Joe or any Detroit team had less than 2500 people like the Yotes were averaging up till late this year... and yeah players like Daniel Winnik and Vernon Fiddler really get my heart pumping... :zzz:

I've heard that the crowds in the early 80's were under 5000 and the team had to have car giveaways to lure people. I just think that it's odd that Wings fans would complain about attendance in Phoenix, Detroit couldn't sellout home playoff dates last year-this was after winning 4 cups in 12 years.

Winnik and Fiddler are fine role players. Would much rather have young role players than guys like Draper.

I've been to Phoenix many times, it is a legit hockey market. They actually have a long hockey history dating back to the WHA days. Again, they missed the playoffs for 8 years and the arena is an hour drive away for many residents. That would cause attendance issues for 95% of the teams in the league.

I don't know about that. It felt like he sucked the life out his team after that 4th goal today.

There's a good chance the team could have tied the game up with the momentum it gained briefly after Franzen scored.

That's fair enough but you're just guessing. In the end all we know for sure is that the Wings scored 2 goals in those games.

I've heard that the crowds in the early 80's were under 5000 and the team had to have car giveaways to lure people. I just think that it's odd that Wings fans would complain about attendance in Phoenix, Detroit couldn't sellout home playoff dates last year-this was after winning 4 cups in 12 years.

Winnik and Fiddler are fine role players. Would much rather have young role players than guys like Draper.

I've been to Phoenix many times, it is a legit hockey market. They actually have a long hockey history dating back to the WHA days. Again, they missed the playoffs for 8 years and the arena is an hour drive away for many residents. That would cause attendance issues for 95% of the teams in the league.

You know what good post your right on about that... I actually remember the "car giveaway" night at the Joe... But the Norris's totally gutted the franchise back then it was a farce some of the things they did. Still I believe it won't work, its so hard to generate and hold interest in non hockey playing regions like the west and southern markets...

speaking of fans and all everyone around here is all of a sudden a huge caps fan talking about them and wearing shirts and jerseys. I like it and at the same time I hate it. Almost none of them know anything about hockey . Caps are now more popular then the red skins here. I find that hilarious

I really don't care about the system of hockey we have to use to beat a team. Yeah it's fun to watch Red Wings hockey but would I take another Wings Cup won playing the trap? Hell yeah I would. A Cup is a Cup.

How the hell Wings lost this one. I watched period 1 and Phoenix did nothing, except for the first fluke goal. Wings dominated. Then my net went down and in the morning I find out Wings lost 2:4, Lidstrom was -3. I mean WTF is going on.

Guest mindfly

How the hell Wings lost this one. I watched period 1 and Phoenix did nothing, except for the first fluke goal. Wings dominated. Then my net went down and in the morning I find out Wings lost 2:4, Lidstrom was -3. I mean WTF is going on.

Simple... Offense sucked, Defense sucked, Howard sucked.

Interesting quote from Babs from the Free Press:

"It's interesting how the perception is, from you people, that we're supposed to just crush them," Babcock said. "If I remember correctly, they finished with more points. They're a good team, too. They play the game hard."

http://www.freep.com/article/20100419/COL22/4190362/Coyotes-just-plain-outplayed-Wings