• Please log in to reply
1032 replies to this topic

#521 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:04 PM

That PP that Phoenix got has changed the whole game around.

They didn't score, but got a million chances and have controlled the game since then.

It seems like forever since we had a playoff comeback in the third period. Last year it didn't go too well for us in these situations. :(
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#522 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:06 PM

Howard has NOT been playing fine. The team hasn't been doing well but you cannot say with a straight face that the regular season Howard has been in this series.

Howard hasn't been fine, ans osgood is never fine

Conclusion: Wings goaltending situation is horrible.

Maybe instead of pointing out useful stats, I should just point out the ignorant fans who are talking out their asses.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#523 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

I cannot say with a straight face that Detroit has been playing as hungry as they were in the regular season since the olympic break. Crap defense doesn't help your goalie in the least bit.

Good example of diverting the blame to other people in order to take away from the fact Howard hasn't been playing like the Wings need him to play.

Posted Image

#524 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

f***, we need this game @_@

Posted Image

#525 savaking72

savaking72

Good luck Notre Dame

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Ever since Doan has been gone the wings have set back. Only one line has been checking since then, and where's the forecheck? Sure we're getting chances, but what about 2nd and 3rd chances? What's up with the D? How come we can't get the puck when they start that cycling crap?

#526 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

I'm not a fan of 3am starts to watch the wings lose to some joke of a team, which has no right to exist.

Big third period wings, start taking advantage of your opportunities, show these fools who's boss.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#527 Zohan Franzen

Zohan Franzen

Rookie

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Let´s go boys. wanna see 20 min of Red Wings hockey now !

#528 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

is Shane 'bullet-of-s***' Doan out for a game?

#529 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:08 PM

Wow what af****** dive... Did they not see them manhandle draper? Maybe if you called the first one that wouldn't happen.

Yeupp. Another one like Jovanoski's the other night. Dives are so unmanly and cowardly. And therein lies the irony.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#530 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

is Shane 'bullet-of-s***' Doan out for a game?

Yes.

Posted Image

#531 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Howard has NOT been playing fine. The team hasn't been doing well but you cannot say with a straight face that the regular season Howard has been in this series.

100% agreed. He hasn't been bad per say, but he certainly hasn't been good.

He is going to have to up his game. Cut those rebounds out, and read plays better. If we are going to have a chance.

THe D also needs to tighten up and stop turning the puck over on lazy plays.

#532 Zenith

Zenith

Legend

• PipPip
  • 232 posts

The Wings should feel the urgecny and wake up. We need some change of the momentum in the early 3rd. The last period was atrocious

The ZENITH of real hockey, The Detroit Red Wings

#533 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:09 PM

I hope Babcock teaches the team what a pass looks like during this intermission

O.o

#534 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

I agree, but that has proven to be a difficult task. Phoenix has done a pretty good job keeping them to the outside really.

True, but one definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

The Zero-angle play has NEVER worked and that's about all they got in the latter half of the 2nd period.

If they won't drive the net or at least get in the middle of the ice, they aren't going to win very much. It is series like these that makes me wish they had a guy like a Rick Nash (I know they can't afford him in the capped era), who drives the net and rarely gets pushed off the puck. Bert used to be that guy and Mule has done it before, but that's about it.
Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#535 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

I am so sick of Draper... the guy is there to kill penalties, not cause them. I swear you could give him an empty net all year and Drapes will only score once.

He helped score a goal last game. He stays.

Edited by Vladifan, 18 April 2010 - 04:10 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#536 DetroitBoy313

DetroitBoy313

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

This is just so scripted for the Coyotes this year.This series just gives me that eery NJ,Anaheim,Edmonton feel.It doesn't look good for the Wings,I think if Phx wins this game they take the series.
"Detroit is Detroit. They are the envy of every sports franchise that there is." – Ed Olczyk

"It takes a perfect game to beat those guys" - Chicago Blackhawks defesemen Brian Campbell on the Detroit Red Wings.

"I don’t like being restricted. I like being able to go out and get what you can get." - Mike Ilitch on the NHL salary cap.

#537 Turretin

Turretin

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:10 PM

Kronwall has looked like garbage in the first 2. Both on the O and D side of the rink.
"Those 'technicalities' have a name, Bobby. They're called the Bill of Rights."
-Hank Hill

#538 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Good example of diverting the blame to other people in order to take away from the fact Howard hasn't been playing like the Wings need him to play.

Well, with only 1 goal to show for it, its apparent that you and others critical of Howard right now need him to play mistake free hockey in order to win a game. So who is diverting blame here?
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#539 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Yes.

now i dont know if this good or bad, we have been different team since he tried to damage JLA boards.

#540 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Phoenix will play the TRAP here.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.