• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 3 GDT: Coyotes 4 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Babs is right though, this coyotes team finished 4th, that's a high seed. In the 08 playoffs our first round opponent were the Preds at 8th place. That series was a long one, and game 5 could have gone either way in OT, and luckily we had the mule. Wings still have game 4 to show they can match that intensity, and we all know how good Detroit can be when their backs are against the wall.

"Babs has lost it".... pre-madonna *****.

Edited by Superman54

I just don't understand why the Bettman/NHL was so against the Yotes moving to Canada? Why would it kill the league to put a team in a city that is truly passionate about their hockey? Teams like Nashville, Phoenix, Florida and I could go on and on... will never generate interest consistently! It just DOESN'T work :ranting:

We can only hope it helps that more Canadians hate Bettman now, too.

I am not going to debate that fact. That was a goal he should have had, no doubt about it.

Think about this though. If you are only going to score 1-2 goals, it is very hard to win games. Most of the winning teams are scoring at least 3-5 goals per game. Howards crap goal aside, Bryzgalov was a rebound machine today. He had over 2x more rebounds than Howard and the Wings could not get to the rebound. Howard gives up less rebounds and they score on 2 big rebound chances. Coincidence?

The hungrier team almost always wins in hockey. Especially in the NHL when the talent level is so high. The Wings so far haven't had the drive and determination since game 2, and that was borderline with recklessness.

People can go on and on about how Howard sucked, but the simple fact of the matter is that you can have the best goalie in the NHL in net for you, and still lose the game if your team doesn't outwork the other team. Bryzgalov gives up a soft goal in the first game off the Holmstrom shot and the team didn't cave. Howard gives up a soft goal in this game and everyone thinks our team caved.

Speaking for myself, I never once said our guys shouldn't have played harder. Nor did I ever say Howard sucked. All I said was that he should have stopped the fourth goal. All I'm saying right now is that all members of the Wings' team did their part in losing that game. And that probably includes Babcock too.

You really suck at this trolling thing Mindfly....

Mindfly is the textbook definition of a bandwagon fan. Only enjoys the team when they are winning. Easy to throw the towel in when they aren't. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if the Wings had a couple bad seasons in a row and where the fanbase would go. The silver lining of the team having 2-3 bad seasons in a row would be a majority of these bandwagon fans leaving to join other teams. That would leave the true fans on this forum which would be a refreshing thing in the end.

I have a friend who bought season tickets to the Tampa Bay Lightning when they were horrible. I went to a few games with him back then and I was impressed with the amount of fans who really enjoyed the game and the team. Sure, they knew the team wasn't good, but all the fans were ultra supportive and very knowledgeable. Would be nice to see that kind of thing with Red Wings fans as a whole.

Speaking for myself, I never once said our guys shouldn't have played harder. Nor did I ever say Howard sucked. All I said was that he should have stopped the fourth goal. All I'm saying right now is that all members of the Wings' team did their part in losing that game. And that probably includes Babcock too.

Thats why I said "people say Howard sucked". I didn't mention you at all, and in fact we both agree on the following facts....

1. Howard should have had that 4th goal.

2. The entire Wings team played a part in losing that game.

That being said, this series is not over. I predicted a tight series at the get go. I thought the Wings would win in 6 and I am sticking to that. If Phoenix wins the series, it will be because they were a hungrier team, and not necessarily a better team. Just like Edmonton in 2006. They obviously wanted the series more than Detroit that year. So far, I have seen signs that it is happening again. I guess we will see how the Wings respond on Tuesday.

Mindfly is the textbook definition of a bandwagon fan. Only enjoys the team when they are winning. Easy to throw the towel in when they aren't. Sometimes I wonder what would happen if the Wings had a couple bad seasons in a row and where the fanbase would go. The silver lining of the team having 2-3 bad seasons in a row would be a majority of these bandwagon fans leaving to join other teams. That would leave the true fans on this forum which would be a refreshing thing in the end.

I have a friend who bought season tickets to the Tampa Bay Lightning when they were horrible. I went to a few games with him back then and I was impressed with the amount of fans who really enjoyed the game and the team. Sure, they knew the team wasn't good, but all the fans were ultra supportive and very knowledgeable. Would be nice to see that kind of thing with Red Wings fans as a whole.

Thats why I said "people say Howard sucked". I didn't mention you at all, and in fact we both agree on the following facts....

1. Howard should have had that 4th goal.

2. The entire Wings team played a part in losing that game.

That being said, this series is not over. I predicted a tight series at the get go. I thought the Wings would win in 6 and I am sticking to that. If Phoenix wins the series, it will be because they were a hungrier team, and not necessarily a better team. Just like Edmonton in 2006. They obviously wanted the series more than Detroit that year. So far, I have seen signs that it is happening again. I guess we will see how the Wings respond on Tuesday.

We agree on most of your last paragraph also. I did not want to play Phoenix at all, but did they call and ask? Neeuuooo. Tuesday's game is indeed huge. I will add that I cannot envision Lidstrom and Kronwall especially, having bad back-to-back games.