• Please log in to reply
1032 replies to this topic

#961 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:13 PM

Your bias against Howard is quite obvious as you are clearly talking out your ass. The Wings have had more opportunities but are not burying their chances. The stats show this quite well. Its time to put the blame straight where it belongs, on the lack of intensity and hunger of the forwards and defenseman of the Wings.

I understand that the game is over now and I'm talking after the fact, but Howard should have stopped that 4th goal. Period. He was out of position. Period. He's not perfect, and that's OK, because he's still our best goalie. But he should have stopped that goal.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#962 DirtyD

DirtyD

One fast move or I'm gone

• Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:15 PM

What pisses me off the most is when the boys start flying with about two minutes left and they're down 2 goals. It's really a slap in the face to the fans as we are given a brief glimpse of everything that they are not doing for the other 58 minutes of the game.

To me, this was essentially game 1 just set in Detroit. Decent first 20 minutes, followed by an embarrassing 2nd and 3rd periods in which the team is unable to manage any sustained pressure and simply gets outworked by a much less talented, hungrier team.

Howie was a big reason we lost this game, too, of course. There is really no way that we can go to Ozzy anymore, so Howie has to play better or we are done, simple as that.

In all, though, I have faith. One game at a time, boys. Whatever it takes.

Posted Image

#963 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:18 PM

We need some inspiration.

Posted Image

Yessir, we do. Thanks. :thumbup:

Nothing even close to a scoring chance for us.

Without Doan they are embarassing us. That's bad.

This was the most depressing part of this loss. That Doan and Fiddler were both out and we still lost. Clearly, right now, they want it more. The Wings already proved they could beat the Coyotes in the second period in the last game. They were intimidated in this one. And I for one would like nothing better than for someone to wipe the smirk off their coach's face at the end of the game. Ain't gonna happen unless we win this series but I can dream.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#964 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:21 PM

If the Wings want it, they'll win. When the Red Wings match the intensity of their opponents, they win because they are more talented.

Now it's only 2-1, this series is far from over. But damn, today was embarassing.

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings, 18 April 2010 - 06:22 PM.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#965 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:31 PM

Wings start to work when the game is virtually done.

Yes, and amen. You see it way too often in Bert, and Franzen has also been guilty of that. And that comes pretty close to criminal negligence, especially with Franzen.

#966 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:46 PM

I'd be shocked to see Osgood at all in this series, even if he doesn't bounce back from the dismal performance today. IMO Babcock seems pretty married to him.

And Babcock created that problem all by himself by not playing Ozzie more. Of course I still want us to win the series but somehow I'd also like this to come back and bite Babcock in the butt for not having more perspective. Lotsa luck on having it both ways, eh? :sly:

this team must be injured

I'm thinking Rafalski might be. Even though he came back in.

#967 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:49 PM

or they're just playing like s***. you don't need an excuse every time they are

Posted Image

#968 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:52 PM

or they're just playing like s***. you don't need an excuse every time they are

I'm not excusing anyone. Except maybe Rafalski, since they said he was injured?

#969 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:55 PM

plagued by incompetence
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#970 swansoccer13

swansoccer13

171 in the draft. 1st in the shootout order.

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:55 PM

Turnovers and missed opportunities have really summed up the first three games for sure..

My question, however, is what happened to Cleary? skating over pucks, no grit, just NOTHING OUT OF HIM.
"When you pull your goalie in the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs, that usually means you're going fishing in about three days, and not 14 more wins or whatever we needed to get it done"

Mike Babcock

#971 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:59 PM

he might be injured. he's played like that all year though

Turnovers and missed opportunities have really summed up the first three games for sure..

My question, however, is what happened to Cleary? skating over pucks, no grit, just NOTHING OUT OF HIM.

what game did you watch? Cleary worked his ass off all game and provided a lot of energy and early chances. you must be thinking of Franzen ;)

Posted Image

#972 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:05 PM

Just got back from the game and I gotta say that was god awful. Haven't seen the Wings play that poorly and sluggish in a long time. Passes weren't connecting, they weren't winning any battles, and no traffic in front of Bryzgalov at all. Gotta be MUCH better on Tuesday. I know they will be damn it! GO WINGS!!!!
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#973 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:12 PM

Reminiscent of the 1st game, good 1st period and thats about it. Yep Howard should have had the 4th goal. Im mad about the quick whistles but at the same time feel the Wings deserved to lose.

This team will bounce back and win the series.

GO WINGS!

#974 Trilobite

Trilobite

Prospect

• 37 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:18 PM

it doesn't seem like enough credit is being given to the Coyotes; they're younger, faster, hungrier and have better goaltending. For some reason people around here thought this was going to be a good matchup for the Wings when in fact it was the worst possible first round draw for us.

Edited by Trilobite, 18 April 2010 - 07:18 PM.

#975 Rockitman

Rockitman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:21 PM

The Wings to me are still the better team... When the Wings Forecheck and work like they did the second half of game 2 they will win... they didn't come close to doing that 2day, the Yotes outworked and out shifted them all game. They just have to be the WINGS and out work the Yotes Tuesday or this series is over... 3-1 is death 4 us
C'mon Wings let's fly!!!

#976 DirtyD

DirtyD

One fast move or I'm gone

• Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:30 PM

<--- Anywho, I've switched over to my good luck rally cap avatar, so things should start looking up any time now.

Posted Image

#977 tdinc

tdinc

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:37 PM

someone needs to tell the Wings they are in the 1st round of the playoffs and they are playing PHX..

Sidenote: Don;t blame Jimmy.. he is doing his best, the rest of the team needs to wake Up.. today was a complete FAIL

Edited by tdinc, 18 April 2010 - 07:37 PM.

#978 Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)

Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:46 PM

Come on Wings play this f***in bad for 2 more games and put us out of our misery! These *****'s play like they already have their golf vacations planned. I think the only thing that would really wake up this lazy team is for one of the so called stars to get traded. Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen or Kronwall needs to go. Rafalski is a lost cause, no one would take that s*** contract he has.

#979 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:50 PM

There's only one way the Wings will win this series: outwork the Coyotes on every shift. Grind their defense down. Win the small puck battles.

Game 1: The Coyotes outworked the Wings--> Coyotes win 3-2
Game 2: The Wings outworked the Coyotes--> Wings win 7-4
Game 3: The Coyotes outworked the Wings--> Coyotes win 4-2

Anyone seeing a pattern? If the Wings outwork the Coyotes the superior talent on our roster shines through and we dominate them.

Howard's looked like a rookie out there-- fine. He has at least 2 more games to find his playoff gear. But the Wings aren't doing him any favours in the losses either. The only way we could've won games 1 or 3 was if Howard only let in one goal in either game. Think about that... An excellent GAA in the playoffs is 2.00, so asking Howard to only let 1 goal a game in is a bit tough to call fair.

The Wings should be able to score 3 or more goals a game on Bryzgalov if they just play their game. I know the Coyotes have an elite defensive team but game 2 showed that the Wings can score on them.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#980 Rockitman

Rockitman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:55 PM

There's only one way the Wings will win this series: outwork the Coyotes on every shift. Grind their defense down. Win the small puck battles.

Game 1: The Coyotes outworked the Wings--> Coyotes win 3-2
Game 2: The Wings outworked the Coyotes--> Wings win 7-4
Game 3: The Coyotes outworked the Wings--> Coyotes win 4-2

Anyone seeing a pattern? If the Wings outwork the Coyotes the superior talent on our roster shines through and we dominate them.

Howard's looked like a rookie out there-- fine. He has at least 2 more games to find his playoff gear. But the Wings aren't doing him any favours in the losses either. The only way we could've won games 1 or 3 was if Howard only let in one goal in either game. Think about that... An excellent GAA in the playoffs is 2.00, so asking Howard to only let 1 goal a game in is a bit tough to call fair.

The Wings should be able to score 3 or more goals a game on Bryzgalov if they just play their game. I know the Coyotes have an elite defensive team but game 2 showed that the Wings can score on them.

Good post and I agree with everything accept that giving up 11 goals in 3 games by a grind it out Yotes offense is unacceptable even for a rookie netminder like Howie...
C'mon Wings let's fly!!!