• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SanFranWingsFan

Playoffs on TV in Europe?

Rate this topic

I am going to be in Spain (Barcelona) and Southern France (near Nice and Monaco) in a couple weeks. Does anyone know if the playoffs are televised in Europe? What satellite/what stations? I'm only going to have an iPhone, so streaming web feeds won't be practical. Alternatively, a bar in Barcelona or Nice/Monaco with international sports?? (hopefully the boys will still be playing ;) )

I have no clue, but if I was visiting any of those places, the last thing I'd want to be doing is watching TV. Barcelona? Southern France? For someone who lives in the hick Midwest, those places sound like heaven to me.

I don't know if we have any posters here from southern Europe, though, as far as you finding out how to watch games down there. We have Scandinavian posters who might help you, but hockey is more popular up there than in the places you're going.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I kinda doubt any of the games will be televised. I've been hearing about a justin.tv app for the iPhone where you can watch games streaming right on your phone. I don't know much about it, dunno if it'll work internationally.

My brother was in Barcelona for the fall semester and he caught most of the Wings games online. Also, keep in mind the time difference. Barcelona is (I think) something like 6 hours ahead of EST.

As far as a bar somewhere that gets games, I'm sure there much be SOMETHING, but as to where you can find it... I can't help you.

Guest mindfly

Hockey doesn't exist in them countries but i know UK and germany has some special channels/networks that brodcast some NHL hockey..

Edited by mindfly

There is a website that can be accessed in Canada for live streaming of a lot of sports (All NHL games)

www.atdhe.net

If you are in Europe you may need to use a proxy server to gain access (to hide your location). I have used www.hidemyass.com , which normally works.

Good luck! ... GO WINGS!

Don't even hope for televised games. Most people in Spain have not ever seen a hockey game.

You could listen to NHL.com radio feed or something though.

Edited by Reds4Life

I rarely go to Spain, but I'm often in southern France. Your only chance is a hotel with American channels. You can usually get the big ones, NBC being the most common. When I lived in England Channel 5 (I think) used to televise NHL games on wednesdays, maybe you can get that in France or Spain. But yeah, they basically don't know what hockey is. Maybe try at http://www.myp2pforum.eu/?

I rarely go to Spain, but I'm often in southern France. Your only chance is a hotel with American channels. You can usually get the big ones, NBC being the most common. When I lived in England Channel 5 (I think) used to televise NHL games on wednesdays, maybe you can get that in France or Spain. But yeah, they basically don't know what hockey is. Maybe try at http://www.myp2pforum.eu/?

I don't think channel 5 show hockey anymore, last season all they had was a playoff highlight show once a week at around 4am.

around here the only hope of watching any NHL is online streams or ESPN America and id imagine it will be the same around Spain or France

hockeystreams is available on iPhone now. I would go with that if you want to have at least some sort of access to the games. You are unlikely to find it on TV.

If you are sketched out about putting in your payment information on hockeystreams (like I was), go to your bank or grocery store and get yourself a credit card "gift card" and register with some fake name. That's what I did. It's 18 or so dollars to have access to all the playoff games with no blackouts.

I lived in Germany for a little while and it was really interesting because the people liked hockey, just not NHL hockey. The local teams had sell out crowds constantly, but whenever I mentioned the NHL noone really seemed to give a damn.

As mentioned above ESPNAmerica is the channel for all american sports here in Scandinavia & United Kingdom. I have no idea if that channel are available all over Europe. For game 2 they aired the complete Devils - Flyers game on CBC, then jumped to Nashville - Chicago on Versus until the wings began, then jumped to the Wings - Coyotes from FSDetroit.

As mentioned above ESPNAmerica is the channel for all american sports here in Scandinavia & United Kingdom. I have no idea if that channel are available all over Europe. For game 2 they aired the complete Devils - Flyers game on CBC, then jumped to Nashville - Chicago on Versus until the wings began, then jumped to the Wings - Coyotes from FSDetroit.

That's better than here in San Francisco. We were forced to watch Versus. And then I have to go to work and get grief from the Sharks fans!

Does anyone know if you can stream from nhl.com on an iPhone?