• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toby91_ca

Carcillo Faking

Rate this topic

I have no problem with it, besides the fact he argued with the refs after the fact. He is just trying to get an advantage for his team, just didn't work this time. I can't remember the last game I watched that someone didn't embellish a penalty. Part of the game, do everything you can to win. :unsure:

I would tend to agree with you if this was an embellishment, but it wasn't. Pretty much everyone embellishes, it's part of the game and happens multiple times a game, but there's a difference between embellishment and faking. If he got nicked ever so slightly in the face and he makes it looks worse than it actually is, that's fine, but when he isn't touched (not even within a couple feet) and he "pretends" that he was and proceeds to even check for blood, well, not sure I could say I don't have a problem with that. Coming from someone like Carcillo makes it even more annoying.

Meh - for me there's still the douchebag factor which is why I have a hard time respecting soccer/fooootball players...Those guys drop as though they suffered a headshot from a sniper...Even Milbury while between the benches acknowledged the Red Wings class yesterday; it all starts from ownership on down.

I agree to an extent. I hate when I see Euro soccer with guys BLATANTLY feigning injuries. In that respect North American soccer is tops. And don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see Carcillo catch a dirty elbow from a guy and be down for a month. My point was that if we win the Cup, who really cares about a few embellishments? I wouldn't.

It goes both ways though. We could just as easily lose the cup with this kind of crap.

The do anything to win philosophy is basically sending the message that this kind of behaviour is ok, when it really isn't.

The refs need to grow some balls and start calling diving penalties.

Guest micah

I like Carcilo and I like his game.

I hate diving. I don't think it's okay to exagerate to get a call - that's garbage. Play the game and quit worrying about what the other guy is doing and whether the ref sees it or not. This was worse that exageration, this was a freakshow. Carcilo you just lost a fan.

Still, go Flyers!

It goes both ways though. We could just as easily lose the cup with this kind of crap.

The do anything to win philosophy is basically sending the message that this kind of behaviour is ok, when it really isn't.

The refs need to grow some balls and start calling diving penalties.

I would be fine with more diving penalties. That's why it's in the books, to stop guys like Forsberg, Carcillo, Avery, Crosby, and that douchebag in Dallas from doing this stupid stuff and making the NHL and referees look bad. But what if they call that diving penalty on Carcillo and he DID get clipped? Is it embellishment then? We don't know. One guy might take a stick in the face and continue on, while another guys takes the same stick in the face and it hurts him bad. Is one reaction more genuine than the other?

It's a gray area, and that is where the referee comes in. And sadly, when it comes to gray areas (did it cross the line, is it interference, was it a kicking motion, etc) the refs seem to just guess at it.

Guest micah

That's why it's in the books, to stop guys like Forsberg, Carcillo, Avery, Crosby, and that douchebag in Dallas from doing this stupid stuff and making the NHL and referees look bad.

Ahem. You forgot about our own douchebag dives. Dats in game 1, Maltby and Homer every chance they get.

...and holy s*** - I hate diving with ethe fire of 1000 suns but

I'd be pumped as f*** if we signed Forsberg, Carcilo, Avery and Crosby!

Ahem. You forgot about our own douchebag dives. Dats in game 1, Maltby and Homer every chance they get.

...and holy s*** - I hate diving with ethe fire of 1000 suns but

I'd be pumped as f*** if we signed Forsberg, Carcilo, Avery and Crosby!

It's one thing to do it occasionally, and another to be the poster-boys for it. Everyone (fans and players) knows that these guys dive and are famous for it.

How do I know? Look for a Datsyuk diving video. Go now. Go to YouTube and type it in. "Datsyuk dives." Now, do the same search using Crosby, Ribeiro, Avery, Carcillo, or Forsberg. What happened?

I rest my case.

Guest micah

How do I know? Look for a Datsyuk diving video. Go now. Go to YouTube and type it in. "Datsyuk dives." Now, do the same search using Crosby, Ribeiro, Avery, Carcillo, or Forsberg. What happened?

I agree to an extent - but diving is not acceptable to me. Not once, not 1000 times. Also, Crosby, Avery, Carcillo and Forsberg are all players that put themselves in the spolight, that as much as anything is why they have hate videos.

That's the most apparent diving call without any diving involved. If I was the ref and watched that happen, I would truly enjoyed sending Carcillo to the box. I'm suprised the refs can even listen to Carcillo and Laviolette without breaking into fits of laughter or even crack a smile.