• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:27 PM

I have no problem with it, besides the fact he argued with the refs after the fact. He is just trying to get an advantage for his team, just didn't work this time. I can't remember the last game I watched that someone didn't embellish a penalty. Part of the game, do everything you can to win. Posted Image

if you get high sticked and you want to make sure that the refs see it, that is one thing but to completely make up a call and then argue for it. There is no place for it in hockey. do whatever it takes to stop this.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#22 Datsasuk

Datsasuk

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:45 PM

haha typical Flyers hockey

#23 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:50 PM

At least he didn't get the call....Mike Ribeiro did that against the Leafs in October and got the call...and then scored on the ensuing powerplay.

#24 puffy

puffy

Slightly Insane

• PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:56 PM

As much as the New Jersey Devils have bored me to death over the years I just can't get myself to cheer for the Philadelphia Flyers. In a pick your poison scenario I'd have to give the nod to the Devils.

#25 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:20 PM

Nice.

He made an ass of himself, which I doubt he cares about, but he also just embarrassed his coach, who was screaming at the ref about the non-call.

#26 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:21 PM

I have no problem with it, besides the fact he argued with the refs after the fact. He is just trying to get an advantage for his team, just didn't work this time. I can't remember the last game I watched that someone didn't embellish a penalty. Part of the game, do everything you can to win. :unsure:

I would tend to agree with you if this was an embellishment, but it wasn't. Pretty much everyone embellishes, it's part of the game and happens multiple times a game, but there's a difference between embellishment and faking. If he got nicked ever so slightly in the face and he makes it looks worse than it actually is, that's fine, but when he isn't touched (not even within a couple feet) and he "pretends" that he was and proceeds to even check for blood, well, not sure I could say I don't have a problem with that. Coming from someone like Carcillo makes it even more annoying.

#27 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:12 PM

Carcillo is a little *****. He likes to think he's tough and then he goes and does that.

Posted Image

#28 Rockitman

Rockitman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:18 PM

What a joke

OMFG Carcillo is such a ******... hate him almost as much as cindy
C'mon Wings let's fly!!!

#29 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:03 PM

What a scumbag.
"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#30 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:25 PM

Meet Carcillo's cat.
Posted Image

#31 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,915 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:57 PM

I wish refs called for diving more than they do.

#32 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:46 AM

What a piece of garbage. If the league had any testicles they'd suspend him for a game.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#33 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:13 AM

From time to time our very own Kirk Maltby performs similar feats of acting :rolleyes:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#34 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:39 AM

From time to time our very own Kirk Maltby performs similar feats of acting :rolleyes:

That's true. Even his shoulder surgery is embellished as he's still trying to get the refs to notice.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#35 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:58 AM

That's true. Even his shoulder surgery is embellished as he's still trying to get the refs to notice.

From what I've heard he's trying to get outta his co-pay, and other medical bills ;)

#36 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:08 AM

If the Wings did that and won I wouldn't care. Just like Philly fans don't care with their 2-1 series lead.

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#37 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:40 AM

If the Wings did that and won I wouldn't care. Just like Philly fans don't care with their 2-1 series lead.

Meh - for me there's still the douchebag factor which is why I have a hard time respecting soccer/fooootball players...Those guys drop as though they suffered a headshot from a sniper...Even Milbury while between the benches acknowledged the Red Wings class yesterday; it all starts from ownership on down.

#38 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:47 AM

Meh - for me there's still the douchebag factor which is why I have a hard time respecting soccer/fooootball players...Those guys drop as though they suffered a headshot from a sniper...Even Milbury while between the benches acknowledged the Red Wings class yesterday; it all starts from ownership on down.

I agree to an extent. I hate when I see Euro soccer with guys BLATANTLY feigning injuries. In that respect North American soccer is tops. And don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see Carcillo catch a dirty elbow from a guy and be down for a month. My point was that if we win the Cup, who really cares about a few embellishments? I wouldn't.

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#39 puffy

puffy

Slightly Insane

• PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:14 AM

It goes both ways though. We could just as easily lose the cup with this kind of crap.

The do anything to win philosophy is basically sending the message that this kind of behaviour is ok, when it really isn't.

The refs need to grow some balls and start calling diving penalties.

#40 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:22 AM

I like Carcilo and I like his game.

I hate diving. I don't think it's okay to exagerate to get a call - that's garbage. Play the game and quit worrying about what the other guy is doing and whether the ref sees it or not. This was worse that exageration, this was a freakshow. Carcilo you just lost a fan.

Still, go Flyers!
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."