• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:24 AM

It goes both ways though. We could just as easily lose the cup with this kind of crap.

The do anything to win philosophy is basically sending the message that this kind of behaviour is ok, when it really isn't.

The refs need to grow some balls and start calling diving penalties.

I would be fine with more diving penalties. That's why it's in the books, to stop guys like Forsberg, Carcillo, Avery, Crosby, and that douchebag in Dallas from doing this stupid stuff and making the NHL and referees look bad. But what if they call that diving penalty on Carcillo and he DID get clipped? Is it embellishment then? We don't know. One guy might take a stick in the face and continue on, while another guys takes the same stick in the face and it hurts him bad. Is one reaction more genuine than the other?

It's a gray area, and that is where the referee comes in. And sadly, when it comes to gray areas (did it cross the line, is it interference, was it a kicking motion, etc) the refs seem to just guess at it.

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#42 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:33 AM

That's why it's in the books, to stop guys like Forsberg, Carcillo, Avery, Crosby, and that douchebag in Dallas from doing this stupid stuff and making the NHL and referees look bad.

Ahem. You forgot about our own douchebag dives. Dats in game 1, Maltby and Homer every chance they get.

...and holy s*** - I hate diving with ethe fire of 1000 suns but
I'd be pumped as f*** if we signed Forsberg, Carcilo, Avery and Crosby!
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#43 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:49 AM

Ahem. You forgot about our own douchebag dives. Dats in game 1, Maltby and Homer every chance they get.

...and holy s*** - I hate diving with ethe fire of 1000 suns but
I'd be pumped as f*** if we signed Forsberg, Carcilo, Avery and Crosby!

It's one thing to do it occasionally, and another to be the poster-boys for it. Everyone (fans and players) knows that these guys dive and are famous for it.

How do I know? Look for a Datsyuk diving video. Go now. Go to YouTube and type it in. "Datsyuk dives." Now, do the same search using Crosby, Ribeiro, Avery, Carcillo, or Forsberg. What happened?

I rest my case.

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#44 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:13 AM

How do I know? Look for a Datsyuk diving video. Go now. Go to YouTube and type it in. "Datsyuk dives." Now, do the same search using Crosby, Ribeiro, Avery, Carcillo, or Forsberg. What happened?

I agree to an extent - but diving is not acceptable to me. Not once, not 1000 times. Also, Crosby, Avery, Carcillo and Forsberg are all players that put themselves in the spolight, that as much as anything is why they have hate videos.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#45 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:13 AM

That's the most apparent diving call without any diving involved. If I was the ref and watched that happen, I would truly enjoyed sending Carcillo to the box. I'm suprised the refs can even listen to Carcillo and Laviolette without breaking into fits of laughter or even crack a smile.

#46 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:19 AM

And he follows it up with the OT winner. I'm rooting for the Flyers in this series, but wish it wasn't Carcillo who got the winner.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman