• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NBCnothingbutcrosby

Not jumping ship. Just wondering.

Rate this topic

I'm not saying we won't win cause I never count my team out. But If the Wings hypothetically did lose in the first round.. Would you guys think changes would be made? The team I saw today just looked lazy and not caring for a home win (which their fans pay good money during tough times to see, especially with DET's ticket prices.) The game today could of been bad for many reasons, travel, not much time inbetween, etc. here's to hoping it gets back on track. But I think some verterans just wanna get paid and don't care too win AS MUCH. They still want to but don't have the fire of never winning the cup at all. So my question lies, with a team that didn't make it out of the first round...mainly healthy... would you guys think Holland would move some people. Other than the obvious moves of Williams etc.

My dream offseason would be: Draper Retires, Maltby Retires, Williams, Meech, Lebda & Hudler Traded. Cleary waives NTC and is traded. Add in some hungry gritty young fast players in those places. Bertuzzi on the fence still barring his playoff performance which has been decent/bad.

We would still have be on the hook for Drapers cap hit next season if he retires or not.

It really depends on Lidstrom. Will he be back? We won't know until the season is over. Williams definitely won't be back. Bert likely won't be back. May is gone. Lebda is likely gone. Eaves, Abby, Helm, and Miller will all be back and getting raises. Maltby will probably be back, and so will Homer. Hudler will be back.

Honestly, I don't see any big moves unless Lidstrom retires.

I think the following is likely.

* Jiri Hudler — $2,875,000

* Tomas Holmstrom — $1,500,000

* Darren Helm — $1,000,000

* Drew Miller — $1,000,000

* Justin Abdelkader — $1,000,000

* Patrick Eaves — $1,000,000

* Kirk Maltby — $525,000

* Nicklas Lidstrom — $5,000,000

* Andreas Lilja — $1,250,000

* Derek Meech — $750,000

If this happens, and the cap is 57.7, then we'd have roughly 2 million for a deadline deal. I'm not anticipating any big moves this summer.

Edited by FunkedUp

My dream offseason would be: Draper Retires, Maltby Retires, Williams, Meech, Lebda & Hudler Traded. Cleary waives NTC and is traded. Add in some hungry gritty young fast players in those places. Bertuzzi on the fence still barring his playoff performance which has been decent/bad.

We have guys like that (Helm, Eaves, and Miller come to mind). Are you looking for players with more offensive touch? Because I don't think it'll be easy to find guys like that. Who do you have in mind?

We have guys like that (Helm, Eaves, and Miller come to mind). Are you looking for players with more offensive touch? Because I don't think it'll be easy to find guys like that. Who do you have in mind?

Not particular players in mind but I'd like to see a player like Backes.. Bigger gritty players with offensive touch. As for the Draper comment above, yes you're right but I'd take a minimum cap hit of Ritola or someone from GR over Draper next year.. We need to start adding in the younger players to see what they can do.

I'm not giving up either, but I can see positives if we lose. A loss means our players get a much needed rest, and we get a better draft pick. I think adding a mid first round pick to our team would be excellent!

I don't think some big changes need to be made if we lose early, just a little bit of tweaking.

WOW Lots going out... and who replaces these players to make it a "Dream Off-season" Hungry Gritty Fast Young.. .Namely?????

Not particular players in mind but I'd like to see a player like Backes.. Bigger gritty players with offensive touch. As for the Draper comment above, yes you're right but I'd take a minimum cap hit of Ritola or someone from GR over Draper next year.. We need to start adding in the younger players to see what they can do.

There just aren't that many players like that available. I'd love to get a couple, but those guys usually get resigned before hitting free agency. Teams won't let them get away. We need to find them and draft them.

There just aren't that many players like that available. I'd love to get a couple, but those guys usually get resigned before hitting free agency. Teams won't let them get away. We need to find them and draft them.

I know what you're saying, thats why I said my dream offseason. I love how Burke built the USA olympic team.. young gritty speedy. I wish we could add a couple of those type of players with scoring touch.

As for the debate about my black superman avatar lol. It's being switched to Paul Kariya 2.0 ... Keanuv Reeves lookin motha *u*c*a

I'm not giving up either, but I can see positives if we lose. A loss means our players get a much needed rest, and we get a better draft pick. I think adding a mid first round pick to our team would be excellent!

I don't think some big changes need to be made if we lose early, just a little bit of tweaking.

you're definitely in the same mindset as me.. tweaking would have to be made.. if it didnt work this season it won't work again.

I'm pretty sure when you're a professional athlete, that drive to win is always there. I think that's what pulls you through all the tough practices and through the long season. I don't think people who at any point in their life coast and let their performance suffer ever make it this far. The people on this team are world class players. And with a disappointing year last time around, I don't think there is a lack of a drive to win. Maybe they are fatigued and can't muster the strength to play as much of a physical game, but I don't think they are coasting through it indifferent to the outcome.

I'm pretty sure when you're a professional athlete, that drive to win is always there. I think that's what pulls you through all the tough practices and through the long season. I don't think people who at any point in their life coast and let their performance suffer ever make it this far. The people on this team are world class players. And with a disappointing year last time around, I don't think there is a lack of a drive to win. Maybe they are fatigued and can't muster the strength to play as much of a physical game, but I don't think they are coasting through it indifferent to the outcome.

I said it could be fatigue, but something just didnt seem right.

travel and then the early game could have done it but still is no excuse. We will come out a new team next game. I am sure glad im not a coyote fan because this next game is going to be a blowout.

This might be a bunch of girly psychoanalysis B.S. - I can't decide - but I think what I'd like to see is somebody with lots of heart and charisma who can really get everybody going on days when a dark cloud (or Jobu, or somebody with a voodoo doll, whatever) just seems like it's hanging over them. There are a lot of quiet guys on the team, so maybe they could use that extra boost of energy. Does that sound crazy?

And then on the ice, I'd just like this person to play well with others and bring out the best in them. We've got a lot of great players, obviously, but sometimes it seems like they're on an island. I mean, I can't really point to each line and say so-and-so's not doing their job, but I think they could use a bit more general cohesiveness. I dunno.

I have to echo above. I'd just like to see the Wings have room to make some moves if necessary. I would certainly like to see a few players hang up their skates and take a few front office roles. I think we've got to continue to develop Dats and Z into two strong independent leaders so they can control their own lines without Babs occasionally having to put them back on the same line together. The biggest thing for me is I think we need some more grinders. Guys who have the offensive touch, but are willing to go out and lay it out on the line for the sake of bringing home the Cup. A couple of younger Dallas Drakes if you will.